Tower or mid-tower with a ton of USB ports?

Morlock

Limp Gawd
Anyone want to recommend a mid-tower (or maybe a tower - I've got another foot or so of vertical clearance under my desk, where my case is) with a bunch of usb ports? I'm looking at the manual and it looks like there are 3 USB headers on my mobo, so I'd like to find a case that can utilize as many of them as possible. I have a lot of USB peripherals (mostly external hard drives) and I'm not pleased with the performance of my USB hubs.

I ran a google search and the first page of results wasn't promising.

Actually, I guess I need advice on how to utilize my mobo headers, since it looks like I'm not going to find a case that will provide me with a bunch of USB ports. Obviously mobos come with all these USB headers for a reason, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to buy to make use of them. I just bought a USB expansion card, but AFAICT that doesn't use the mobo's headers, but a PCI port.

Kinda confused...

Edit: are they just for running the case's front ports?

You can get a case that has several front panel dvd drive slots, then buy the usb faceplates and plug them in to the usb headers.

I'd go with real full ports over hubs, OP already said they had some issues with hubs. Most hubs suck for throughput anyways.

In 5.25" there are several direct connect options including the new type E connector for C:

https://www.amazon.com/Akasa-InterConnect-Type-C-Panel-Ports/dp/B07KCLY4YB
https://www.amazon.com/SNANSHI-1-Port-2-Port-Microphone-Desktop/dp/B07RJ2QKRC

Also a lot of 3.5" options that you can use with an adapter plate in 5.25" if needed. Fewer maximum ports but there are like a dozen variants of dual 3.0 header panels (4 ports) that don't use hub boards.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is typically what those expansion headers are used for...PCI slots.

You can also unscrew the port from the metal bracket and paint the bracket whatever color you want (black, white, lavender, etc)

83f034d6-3d94-4c10-8b77-5e4e18b9e51d_1.cbccfc8d13bbde4efad4bfef19e6fc1d.jpg

41bV3s2jAhL.jpg

Back