Too many audio issues

Gabe3

2[H]4U
so I have a fiio K1 usb dac that was giving me a crackling sound in WoW classic and game menus like BF5 and fortnite. I moved it a couple feet away with a longer usb cable. didn't fix it.

now I have a Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1 usb dac. first, I couldn't get the drivers to install. I was getting this error:
https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...-error.png?s=0660ac150acdcfd97092a341770d78e5

different product in the screen shot but same error message. I even extracted the drivers from the creative driver/software package and told windows where to get the driver. I finally got the driver installed by using safe mode.

so the problem I'm at now is the audio is really low on this sound blaster. I maxed the windows volume, and wmp volume. its sorta high. if I did that with the fiio, it would have been the equivalent of 30% probably. if I maxxed the volume on the fiio, I would destroy my hearing. thats how much lower the sound blaster is. I maxed windows volume and the volume in BF5 and audio was not loud enough. something is wrong.

Speakers? Headset? Model?
so I just did a chat with creative. they had me set the software to high gain which is 64-300 ohm. this fixed the problem. but caused a little hissing. he said it could damage my headphones. so I switched it back to normal gain which is 16-64 ohm and the volume is still almost as loud. I think the software was buggy. my headphones are 32 ohm. philips shp9500s

my fiio k1 was 16-100 ohm. hope I didn't damage anything with it on the high gain setting for a few minutes.

the volume level still is way lower than the fiio k1. with the K1 I had windows volume set to 30 and BF5 ingame volume set to 44. now with the G1 windows volume is set to 100 and ingame set to 40 which seems to be the equivalent volume level to the K1.

Last edited:
Check if your motherboard has a setting for 'high precision timer' and try disabling it to see if the crackling goes away.

Check if your motherboard has a setting for 'high precision timer' and try disabling it to see if the crackling goes away.
thanks, but it didn't fix it. so this sound blaster software has 2 settings, normal gain and high. when I turn on my pc the normal gain is selected, but the volume is low. if I click on normal gain it goes higher. I have to do this every time I start my pc or if I return it from sleep mode. I basically have to select the setting its already showing it on to actually set it. the volume level difference between "unactivated" and normal gain is probably 30%. this soundblaster goes no where near as high as the fiio, which I don't really understand. I can max the volume on normal gain and its probably as loud as I'd want to listen to. however on the fiio the volume level max I could listen to would be like 30%.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Unfortunate, could be many things, poor grounding somewhere inside your PC, dirty power, right up to defective card.
It most likely includes software and hardware to try and detect the resistance of the connected speakers and set the gain appropriately. It may be a bug in software or hardware that's making this not work right.
Is this a fresh install?

Unfortunate, could be many things, poor grounding somewhere inside your PC, dirty power, right up to defective card.
It most likely includes software and hardware to try and detect the resistance of the connected speakers and set the gain appropriately. It may be a bug in software or hardware that's making this not work right.
Is this a fresh install?
are you referring to my last post or original one? my original isn't really an issue anymore.

Last post, but it's the same issue, so I'm confused
lol true. they are pretty similar posts but having to select normal gain every time I start my computer or return from sleep is what bothers me most now.

when I click the icon in my task bar next to the time to open sound blaster software. I get a windows notification and a diplicate icon shown here, then a couple seconds later one icon goes away.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 0
Hello sorry for necroing an Old thread but I wanted to buy the SoundBlaster G1 I plan on using it with the Logitech G430 the soundcard that comes with it broke. Would anyone recommend or advice against getting it? I know I can return it to Amazon but wanted to ask before buying it. Appreciate any feedback I can get. Card looks reallly tempting as I love simulated 7.1 on headphones and the ability to have Mic monitoring.

Hello sorry for necroing an Old thread but I wanted to buy the SoundBlaster G1 I plan on using it with the Logitech G430 the soundcard that comes with it broke. Would anyone recommend or advice against getting it? I know I can return it to Amazon but wanted to ask before buying it. Appreciate any feedback I can get. Card looks reallly tempting as I love simulated 7.1 on headphones and the ability to have Mic monitoring.
I dont like my G1. every time I start my computer or return from sleep I have to go into the software to get the volume level higher. if the fiio k1 didn't have the crackling sound I would still be using it, maybe I had a dud. maybe try a internal sound card. if you get interference, return it.

I dont like my G1. every time I start my computer or return from sleep I have to go into the software to get the volume level higher. if the fiio k1 didn't have the crackling sound I would still be using it, maybe I had a dud. maybe try a internal sound card. if you get interference, return it.
Fair enough I understand. I honestly don't mind having to reset the settings every time the computer starts I have done that for other apps in the past. My main concern is if the G1 has any hissing? I was reading that on the forums on reddit a lot of people are reporting that their card has hissing. Have you encountered that problem? Thank you again!

Back