Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Attachments

• 20180727065946_1.jpg
    20180727065946_1.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180727070435_1.jpg
    20180727070435_1.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 0
Finally had some time to play this game just tried out a Helicopter alot easier to fly then drive driving in the dark is insane had to crank up the brightness in game to see where I was going.

You do have night and thermal vision. Default key is V on the keyboard. Not sure on controller but you can find it pretty fast.

I *think* you start out right away with that but I can't swear by it at this point because it's been a while since I had first fired the game up.

Bizarre glitch: When I first fire the game up it acts like there are no saves and I've never played it before. All the rewards flash on the screen and the whole deal. If I shut it down and fire it up again everything is back to normal.

Tap the right dpad for vision toggle. I'm pretty sure you start out with nv, just not thermal.

I'm happy (and kind of sad) when they fixed that helicopter jumping up in the air just after leaving it bug :)

Ghost mode is pretty cool for the most part. You can disable team mates and make the game essentially Splinter Cell out in the open world if you want. If you want New Game+ this is it.

Two complaints:

1.) Permadeath. One death and you lose it all. I wouldn't mind some kind of "settings adjustments" for this.

"Git gud" only takes you so far. ;)

2.) If you blow in game credits on skills? (To say nothing about the lamers that actually pay real $$$ for this)... no carryover. You lose all of that, too. Pretty lame before we even hit the microtransaction talking points after that.

This means I won't be hitting this the way I wanted to unless they make some adjustments. Too bad.

Last edited:
Wait, so you can't play without those annoying AI teammates unless you also play with Permadeath?
dang, I was planning to do that, ah well :)

Wait, so you can't play without those annoying AI teammates unless you also play with Permadeath?
dang, I was planning to do that, ah well :)

Easy way to test theory: In "regular game" go into game options and see if you can enable/disable teamates there, too.

EDIT: You can!

I'll have to see what Ghost mode really has to offer vs regular and see if it's worth it.

EDIT: https://www.pcgamer.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-gets-a-new-permadeath-ghost-mode-later-this-month/

Now I understand. It's basically an ultra uber difficulty setting for all intents and purposes that will supposedly allow you to earn special rewards and so forth. That permadeath is the only real quibble I have with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: I see some scripts for Cheat Engine, so somebody may add a disable permadeath one.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Finally had some time to play this game just tried out a Helicopter alot easier to fly then drive driving in the dark is isane had to crank up the brightness in game to see where I was going.

NVG help with that, that is usually what I did, if there was no helicopter near by.

I wish this game had legit New Game+. It would allow you to roll over your skills, weapons, etc. into a new save that might have a handful of extra wrinkles and tricks going for it. It would work all game modes, too. I can't imagine it would be that difficult for them to implement if they wanted to.

This is on sale at GMG for $17 for the base game or $29 for the gold edition. Is the gold edition worth it? I plan to mainly do story and coop stuff, I doubt I will do much PVP if this game even has it.

Normally I would just get the base game but that kinda burned me in Siege so I thought I would double check.

This is on sale at GMG for $17 for the base game or $29 for the gold edition. Is the gold edition worth it? I plan to mainly do story and coop stuff, I doubt I will do much PVP if this game even has it.

Normally I would just get the base game but that kinda burned me in Siege so I thought I would double check.

Just get the base game you can fight the Predator and help Sam Fisher of splinter cell in the base game the game is pretty long as well 50+ hours I haven't even grazed the game myself.

like this
I wanted to try ghost mode yesterday. Instead I was looking at downloading a 13GB patch. After the 16GB patch last week.

Fuck, haven't these people heard of differential patching? Where you don't have to download a 2GB file to patch a 2GB file, but maybe a 100kb difference file, and then patch the file locally? RTPatch - anyone? Am I the only one this bothers?

I wanted to try ghost mode yesterday. Instead I was looking at downloading a 13GB patch. After the 16GB patch last week.

Fuck, haven't these people heard of differential patching? Where you don't have to download a 2GB file to patch a 2GB file, but maybe a 100kb difference file, and then patch the file locally? RTPatch - anyone? Am I the only one this bothers?
Nah it's awful. Same with the lootboxes.

like this
Guys, I just am playing this game so I can finish it pronto. I am a bit confused. I took out La Gringa who is supposedly the underboss for production and still the boss above it did not unlock. Similarly, I took out the security underboss La Plaga but the other bosses do not unlock. What gives?
The two in circle should be do-able missions but they are locked.
pZXy51t.jpg

Been awhile since I've played, but I'm pretty sure he should be able to take the head down? I assume no info when you hover over his icon?

I think you need to unlock and defeat the other Buchons, even if the "Underboss" (great title to put on a business card) was taken out.

Go take out El Wey, I think El Yayo's missions will unlock.

I actually started playing Ghost Mode. We'll see if I can make it to Tier 1 I guess.

I still love the game myself. I'm just not bothering with ghost mode. I don't see the point.

I'm basically doing a de facto "new game +" in Tier mode which of course means toughest difficulty.

I'm replaying missions with the highest potential of points and just going about my business. Whatever happens along the way happens. ;) I'm up to Tier 24 now. It ain' easy.

I am playing the game because I am trying hard to get my money's worth. It really is like hate sex, only that my dick is not getting wet... :mad:

I just spent about 3 hours trying to do the Silver mine mission it's not bad but I didn't know there was a helicopter on top of the building.

I still love the game myself. I'm just not bothering with ghost mode. I don't see the point.

I'm basically doing a de facto "new game +" in Tier mode which of course means toughest difficulty.

I'm replaying missions with the highest potential of points and just going about my business. Whatever happens along the way happens. ;) I'm up to Tier 24 now. It ain' easy.

How many hours do you have in game?

Finished it. Glad Bowman is in jail. She can eat a dick there. That old hag ruined the game for me with her tough bitch routine and a potty mouth. I give the game a 6.5/10. Maybe good in small bouts but if you binge play this game you are going to have a repetitive time.

You know there are two endings to the game right? You can just Youtube the other ending since it sounds like you're done with the game.

The Sam Fisher side mission is fun however. Don't do the Predator mission, he's a pain in the ass to kill. I haven't done the Rainbow Six side mission yet.

I enjoyed the game, I guess different strokes for different folks.

Edit: Don't bother with the PVP, it's no fun at all.

The latest release (Spec Ops 3) has a Future Soldier tie-in mission you can do. It was interesting enough. Fisher's was too, though it just makes me want a sequel to Blacklist (which I personally thought was a fun game).
I honestly though they were starting the promotion campaign for a new splinter cell game with the mission.

I honestly though they were starting the promotion campaign for a new splinter cell game with the mission.

So did I but so far, unfortunately, it's still *crickets chirping*

Other than Ironside's voice missing I liked Blacklist quite a bit myself.

This Ghost Recon mission was tough. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the reward you get is several items of gear including a backpack that gives you Mitchell's "cloaked effect." It works as long as you stay crouched or prone and use any silenced weapon but it appears to be cosmetic only which is disappointing. It also bugged the weapons a little bit with aim and reticules and so forth. I wouldn't have minded a "stealth boost" and I expected it with this and it didn't happen.

Oh well.

Last edited:
20190103083716_1.jpg
20190103064057_1.jpg
20190103075411_1.jpg

Soylent Green is Cocaine energy drinks and Cocaine smuggling in people ;D The story of this game keeps me going finally getting better and upgraded my stats still only level 12.

Update: I had crashes with the inventory screen so someone on Steam said to update to
Nvidia Driver 417.58 the drivers I had are about two months old so I'm going to see if this work seem to be on 2080 RTX cards or other variations of Turing.

Attachments

• 20190103075411_1.jpg
    20190103075411_1.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190103083716_1.jpg
    20190103083716_1.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190103064057_1.jpg
    20190103064057_1.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
like this
The only way to fix the inventory glitch is to play offline when switching guns go Offline though U-PLAY two month old thread on Steam about it.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-3-13-12-39.jpg

Stuck for Good

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-3-13-6-52.jpg

The Real El Gato this guy had a body double actually that just comes out of nowhere and looks just like him.

like this
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-3-35-33.jpg

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-2-26-27.jpg

wankers

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-3-35-35.jpg

You ain't taking me alive

Attachments

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-3-35-35.jpg
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-3-35-35.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 0
like this
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-10-15-30.jpg
Coke addict information torture
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-10-47-49.jpg

Main Coke stash in the game I guess
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-4-10-58-9.jpg

The only Hot chick in the Game so far
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-5-8-18-14.jpg

Nvidia Shirt serious
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-5-11-35-16.jpg

Blue Sky
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-5-11-31-2.jpg

Failed Ambush

If you want a good experience in the game turn off the Blur and the Bloom they might look good but I found the screen easier to work with. I might have turned down a few other settings but kept textures the same. Playing with a controller makes stuff easier especially driving and turning around.

Last edited:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-6-7-39-15.jpg

Finally Unlocked El Sueno the legit way took about 40 hours.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-6-7-36-52.jpg

The Beauty Queen
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-6-5-28-49.jpg

Mini Drug Sub
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands2019-1-6-6-4-16.jpg

Where the Predator Hangs out didn't engage him yet I figured I'm not ready at level 24

like this
Back