Titanfall - Respawn Entertainment's first game

are the PC servers really that empty nowadays?...shame, the game had a lot of potential...I had a blast with the beta but realized I would lose interest quick so I never bought the game

The game never had potential. Just watching a few videos could tell you that. It was bound to be repeatative really quickly

I just started playing this after buying it around Xmas time for $5. It's fun at times but the auto-pistol pretty much ruins the game. You can tell that it was dreamed up for the console-kiddies.

This had an incredibly short fuse for me...definitely regret buying it.

As an MP-only game, the real benefits are playing as soon as the game launched (March 2014) and as much as possible. I'm sad to say that the player population is quite slim now.

too many bots in the MP is what annoyed me about this game

The MP bots (Grunts and Spectres) were one of the things that made the game stand out - everything AI-driven was server-side, and therefore you had a ton of things going on at once. The players were given the double-jumps and wall-running so that they had a distinct advantage over the grunts. The Attrition game-mode depended on scoring as many kills (bots or otherwise) before the other team, so that's the only mode you absolutely had to pay attention to them. Most other modes' objectives could be accomplished without engaging the grunts at all.

As an MP-only game, the real benefits are playing as soon as the game launched (March 2014) and as much as possible. I'm sad to say that the player population is quite slim now

Agreed, I bought it just before release and it had a reasonably healthy community. Things seem to have fallen off quite a lot since then...

Agreed, I bought it just before release and it had a reasonably healthy community. Things seem to have fallen off quite a lot since then...

It's either people who got it recently as part of a (fire) sale, or people who have been playing it since the beginning and wipe the floor with the inexperienced.

That's one of the many reasons the Smart Pistol continues to be overused and abused.

I had great fun with it but have accepted that it's probably going to limp along until a sequel comes out (or doesn't).

Shame too, because it had some good ideas and some innovative mechanics.

Is it worth picking up for $5 or so? Do people still play? I recall it being that cheap a while back, but didn't bother because I didn't want to get the $30 or so Seasons Pass.

Is it worth picking up for $5 or so? Do people still play? I recall it being that cheap a while back, but didn't bother because I didn't want to get the $30 or so Seasons Pass.

I think Titanfall is pretty fun. Don't get too caught up in people bashing on it, $5 isn't a huge investment.

Where can it be purchased for $5?

It was hovering around the $5 mark for the base game for quite some time, but with the free season pass it looks like they've yanked the base game off Origin, and you can only buy the "deluxe" version for $20, which includes this "free" season pass (i.e. all DLC).

There was a "game time" deal on Origin which let you demo Titanfall for 40 hours for free. Not sure if this is still on or not (which, combined with the free DLCs, would be 40 hours of all game content for free).

Just grabbed the season pass, bought the game at launch for $40 and it was worth every penny. Gonna give it a try this weekend with the season pass

Are there people still playing this? Anyone have any numbers?

About 1500 users.....WORLDWIDE.

Nice that people who still play this game get some free content, but this is EA we are talking about....it doesn't give anything substantial away for free unless it absolutely has to. I suspect this is a last ditch effort to grab sales of the base game and recoup its monstrous marketing costs before it shifts gears into hyping Titanfall 2.

I actually have a friend who never ended up redeeming his Season Pass for Titanfall he was so disappointed in this game, bet he lost his receipt with the redemption code on it (PC version). I don't entirely blame him, it was a pain to play the campaign, it was a nightmare to replay it with friends, you could never start where you left off because there weren't enough players online and for the amount of space that the game took up on the hard drive the graphics where pretty lack luster. Not to mention that Titanfall represented everything that drove me away from CoD and wasn't that glory return to shooters my friends and I were hoping for. We actually ended up in a lobby one night around the first expansion with a bunch of teenagers that seemed they could only use "fa.." every other word, that was about the point we uninstalled Titanfall and haven't tried it since.

Now, not to say its a completely bad game, but its huge download and install size make it a game that you can't just decide to download to try out every once in a while to see if its improved, despite how bored I have been lately.

It'll be out on PS4, then you can see that the PS4 can run at 1080p compared to the Xbone. But as always, Microsoft is going to push for parity which is bad for all gamers.

Been known for a while.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1811710&highlight=titanfall

But god the irony is fucking hilarious in that IGN interview with Zampella...

One thing Zampella was keen to think about changing was the DLC model for the future, citing Evolve's commitment to keeping the community united via free maps for all as the ideal way forward.

"I think that's a fantastic way to do it," he said. "I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy. Yeah. I don't know we won't do it again, I can't say that for sure, but the idea would be to do something different.

Zampella and West are the founding fathers of the parasitic practice of charging for rubbish map packs, now all of the sudden it has dawned on them that not splitting the community with content would be a great idea!? Uhhhhhh it was never a problem of the scale it is now before you fuck nuts started charging for CoD maps :rolleyes:

Anyway, if he thinks Turtle Rock's approach to DLC is fantastic I shudder to think of all the shitty overpriced DLC they plan to concoct for Titanfall 2.

Been known for a while.

Ah okay sorry. This is a new quote, though, at BAFTA.

Anyway, if he thinks Turtle Rock's approach to DLC is fantastic I shudder to think of all the shitty overpriced DLC they plan to concoct for Titanfall 2.

It's the kind of environment we're in though, people will complain and jaw endlessly about how terrible Evolve's DLC scheme was... and yet it still sold bunches. Big houses like Activision and Ubisoft will continue to look at the balance sheet and think in revenue numbers only.

Been known for a while.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1811710&highlight=titanfall

But god the irony is fucking hilarious in that IGN interview with Zampella...

Zampella and West are the founding fathers of the parasitic practice of charging for rubbish map packs, now all of the sudden it has dawned on them that not splitting the community with content would be a great idea!? Uhhhhhh it was never a problem of the scale it is now before you fuck nuts started charging for CoD maps :rolleyes:

AND citing Evolves TERRIBAD DLC model too.

AND citing Evolves TERRIBAD DLC model too.

Evolve's model is the best...free maps for everyone forever...the paid DLC was all cosmetic skins...anyone can play against any Monster/Hunter regardless if you bought any DLC...I wish people would stop being so mis-informed

It's the kind of environment we're in though, people will complain and jaw endlessly about how terrible Evolve's DLC scheme was... and yet it still sold bunches. Big houses like Activision and Ubisoft will continue to look at the balance sheet and think in revenue numbers only.

Did it sell well? I was under the impression that it was already pretty dead online.

Evolve's model is the best...free maps for everyone forever...the paid DLC was all cosmetic skins...anyone can play against any Monster/Hunter regardless if you bought any DLC...I wish people would stop being so mis-informed

No one is misinformed. The game is very limited in depth, things like extra costumes/characters/monsters are what provide width to justify the "full game" price. Selling that cosmetic stuff as DLC is pure greed, hence why its a terrible model.

Both Titanfalls have absolutely horrible netcode. Worse than any other popular shooters I've played. TF1 is worse, but TF2 is still bad. Tons of rubberbanding, terrible hit reg, being shot well behind walls, etc. Buyer beware.

After years of struggling to combat hacks and DDoS attacks that at times have rendered Titanfall unplayable, Respawn Entertainment is throwing in the towel...the studio said in a message posted to Twitter that it is halting sales of the game today and will remove it from subscription services on March 1, 2022...

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/...attacks-titanfall-is-being-removed-from-sale/

Titanfall.png

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I thought TF2 had all the DDOS and hax...I would imagine TF1 did too, but the most recent video I saw was about TF2.

Play Titanfall 2 single-player and witness something that flirted with Half-Life 2 unforgettable territory and then mourn the loss of that never being capitalized or followed through on. (That goes for both games.)

Play Titanfall 2 single-player and witness something that flirted with Half-Life 2 unforgettable territory and then mourn the loss of that never being capitalized or followed through on. (That goes for both games.)
I agree. So much wasted potential. I don't know how much of that has to do with EA's meddling. They have a cash cow with Apex now, so I fear we're never going to see anything like Titanfall from Respawn ever again. At least while they're married to EA.

Back