Titanfall - Respawn Entertainment's first game

That's because CoD Ghosts is probably one of the worst games in history, and BF4 isn't far behind it(If you already played BF3 that is). Not really surprising.
True, but I was directly responding to the comment that Titanfall won't unseat CoD/BF4. While it most likely won't, my experience was funny nonetheless. The publisher already got their monies from the initial purchase, anyway :D.

That's because CoD Ghosts is probably one of the worst games in history, and BF4 isn't far behind it(If you already played BF3 that is). Not really surprising.

You obviously have never played any of the "ET" games from 30 years ago.

While I don't care for CoD anymore, and I do enjoy battlefield (even with its flaws)- no way in hell am I dumb enough to call it "The worst games in history".

Blind love and blind hate really only belong in the religious realm IMO.

While I don't care for CoD anymore, and I do enjoy battlefield (even with its flaws)- no way in hell am I dumb enough to call it "The worst games in history".

^^^

So bad they buried ET games in a hole, and covered them up with dirt.

Anyone vsync issues? With double buffer on in game I get a horrible screen stutter (like a jitter) when moving my mouse. With it off I get a horrible screen tearing.

This is latest drivers and an amd 7850

Anyone vsync issues? With double buffer on in game I get a horrible screen stutter (like a jitter) when moving my mouse. With it off I get a horrible screen tearing.

This is latest drivers and an amd 7850
Vsync in the game is broken. Try disabling it in-game and forcing it through the drivers.

I haven't read this thread since the game came out...how are the maps in the game?...the ones in the beta were fun but got boring

Never said the worst game, I said one of the worst games. That's a very popular exaggeration used by many, so instead of calling me dumb learn some phrases. Maybe I'll be a bit more specific next time and say worst game in the series. It's not blind either, considering I played both. I loved BF3 up until Premium came out FYI.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this thread. How do the servers work? They seemed like matchmaking in the beta.

Vsync in the game is broken. Try disabling it in-game and forcing it through the drivers.

Yea that is what i do.. with Vsync forced on in the AMD control panel it removes the shuddering but the Tearing is still there..

i confirmed with Fraps that it is limiting itself to 60pfs..

what is really frustrating it is if my framerate dips below 60, the tearing goes away.. when i hit 60.. the tearing is unbearable..

i've never seen a game that tears this bad..

I haven't read this thread since the game came out...how are the maps in the game?...the ones in the beta were fun but got boring
Maps are pretty well varied in size, complexity, and environment in my opinion which was a real nice surprise. A few of the maps are actually quite big for 6v6. I can't remember the names of the maps yet, but one of them had enough room to open up in your Titans while having enough open buildings for those on foot to strategize. It also had varying terrain and elevation, which made it interesting. Definitely a great map for Hardpoint.
Yea that is what i do.. with Vsync forced on in the AMD control panel it removes the shuddering but the Tearing is still there..

i confirmed with Fraps that it is limiting itself to 60pfs..

what is really frustrating it is if my framerate dips below 60, the tearing goes away.. when i hit 60.. the tearing is unbearable..

i've never seen a game that tears this bad..
Check your monitor OSD and confirm it is running at 60 Hz. I don't remember seeing an option to change the refresh rate in-game, so it might be running at 59 Hz. NVIDIA has an option to always prefer highest refresh rate, so I can get 144 Hz no matter what the settings in a game. Does AMD have a similar feature? If not, there may be command line or config options.

It's a fun game. The fast paced action brings nostalgia for UT, UT 2004 and Quake 3 Arena. Those were the best multiplayer gaming experiences of my life.
Too bad I get horrible stuttering with V-Sync on, and with V-Sync off the framerate is capped at 60. At this point it runs smoother at 60FPS than 96FPS with vsync:rolleyes: I also cannot use crossfire without unbearable audio glitching. Hopefully these game breaking issues will be resolved soon... Respawn and AMD please step it up!

Last edited:
It's a fun game. The fast paced action brings nostalgia for UT, UT 2004 and Quake 3 Arena. Those were the best multiplayer gaming experiences of my life.
Too bad I get horrible stuttering with V-Sync on, and with V-Sync off the framerate is capped at 60. At this point it runs smoother at 60FPS than 96FPS with vsync:rolleyes: I also cannot use crossfire without unbearable audio glitching. Hopefully these game breaking issues will be resolved soon... Respawn and AMD please step it up!

What have you been playing that Titanfall seems fast paced? LMAO.

So my wife being the beautiful person that she is grabbed me a copy yesterday. I just started playing, but how is that running around insta-killing people by kicking them is even a thing?
This reminds me of the Crysis 3 MP where you could just cloak and melee someone....Is there some type of burn card that gives you ungodly abilities to do this?

This game is ridiculously fun!!! It's fast, stable, looks great, no crashes, sound design is amazing, matchmaking instant....what's not to like??? It's the most fun I've had since like old school Quake days.

that screen tearing man.. ugh. i tried enabling adaptive vsync in nvidia control panel and it eliminates the tearing for the most part but then i get some weird studders as if my framerate is tanking. shouldn't happen with a gtx780

I can see melee getting nerfed very soon.

Hopefully, it's quite annoying. At first I thought there was some skill involved, but after I saw the replays....

that screen tearing man.. ugh. i tried enabling adaptive vsync in nvidia control panel and it eliminates the tearing for the most part but then i get some weird studders as if my framerate is tanking. shouldn't happen with a gtx780

Agreed, it's really bad. I have a 120hz LCD and I've tried everything. I'm just going to stick with the 60FPS lock and wait it out until Respawn fixes it.

I can see melee getting nerfed very soon.

i have no issue with the one hit melee to the AI grunts but it needs to be 2 hit kill on pilots

oh the other guys that just got it try hacking the specters all kinds of fun

Guys I beat the campaign and feel like that's all there is to it. I tried multiplayer but got bored fast. Anyone else feel like there isn't much to this game?

Guys I beat the campaign and feel like that's all there is to it. I tried multiplayer but got bored fast. Anyone else feel like there isn't much to this game?

I'm on the fence but it doesn't feel like its 59.99 worth of game dollars.

think i figured out why some people think its CoD with mechs or its not fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQtZd8KkyM&feature=youtu.be

from the thread about the super wide setup

if you play it like any other FPS and dont make use of the wall running and double jump its VERY SLOW
once you start wall running you build speed and momentum and you can get moving VERY VERY fast

now watch this video and see how much fast he gets across the map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79kgVqWx0g

tl;dr LEARN TO PLAY THE VERTICAL GAME

Last edited:

needed to research if you expected a real campaign in the game

it comes down to whether you like the core multiplayer gameplay involving parkour, mechs, and modern-like weapons

I give the game around an 8/10

I enjoy it for what it is. Respawn did a good job with the parkour. the mechs add something different, and it's fun trying to take down or harass an enemy mech as an on-foot pilot.

overall, the overall package is different from what's out on the market but not game changing imo. Titanfall isn't so good that other developers are going to copy what Respawn has done, but Respawn did do a good enough job with making their game different from other multiplayer FPSes in the market.

Last edited:
I just returned it and got my money back. Another case of half of a game at full price + DLC. They should be embarrassed... 6v6 in a modern computer game? Please. No depth, no replayability. Garbage.

I feel like hit registry and damage is not consistent in this game. Not sure what the problem is, probably the MS cloud if I'm honest.

All the campaign does is help get you acclimated to the game. There is really no story besides unlocking the 2 extra titans. I actually enjoy the change in scenery for the gameplay. Battlefield 4 was a disaster and i would pay for this full price over again over that broken POS. Implementing the parkour system is a nice touch and brings back the old fast pace twitch games of the late 90's and early 2000's of Unreal Tournament and Quake.

Just got Titanfall (w/ season pass) for $47 via vpn trick.. I've been itching for a good MP shooter and after watching tons of gameplay vids I'm convinced I'm going to love this!

So now that the honeymoon period is over.... Worth buying? And if so where is the best place to including season pass? Someone said something about a vpn thing....?

So now that the honeymoon period is over.... Worth buying? And if so where is the best place to including season pass? Someone said something about a vpn thing....?

yes
people are using a mexican vpn to get the game cheaper on origin
but there is chance you could get your origin account banned

I am on the fence about the game too. Matchmaking, 6v6 and a 59.99 smell of COD to me.

I haven't bought a COD since Black ops, which was the last good COD if you ask me (decicated servers 9v9 etc).

Have they commented on increasing the server limit or dedicated servers?

I am on the fence about the game too. Matchmaking, 6v6 and a 59.99 smell of COD to me.

I haven't bought a COD since Black ops, which was the last good COD if you ask me (decicated servers 9v9 etc).

Have they commented on increasing the server limit or dedicated servers?

it also screams console port, so you might wanna pass on this one

Back