Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition $2.99 on Steam

Popped on a few months ago. Surprisingly found plenty of MP matches.

Really wish they'd get a TF 3 going for us.
It's probably not going ot happen given how rapidly the cheating killed the multiplayer population. The single player campaign is excellent though and I'd definitely dig another one of those too.

I've had this for years in my EA library. Just fired it up and started the campaign.

My god this is gorgeous for a 7 year old game... For any game.

Plays fast and nice to look at. MP online is DOA on Origin now. Nice single campaign though.

I thought those servers had been taken down? It was all run by a private group or something? Or was the TF1?

I thought those servers had been taken down? It was all run by a private group or something? Or was the TF1?
The official servers were taken down, but there's a community made mod called "Northstar" that opens up private servers. The game is still alive and well thanks to this.
Honestly I stopped playing online shooters years ago.... except for this game. It's a gem for sure and for $3 it's a no brainer.

The official servers were taken down, but there's a community made mod called "Northstar" that opens up private servers. The game is still alive and well thanks to this.
Honestly I stopped playing online shooters years ago.... except for this game. It's a gem for sure and for $3 it's a no brainer.
Ah. that's what it was. +1

Well, so much for that.... tried doing 2 re-installs and still unable to start the game, getting the same error message each time. "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Tried doing fresh installs of vcredist_x86_vs2015 and vcredist_x64_vs2015, but to no avail.

Oh well, I'm glad it was only $3. Anyone else running into this issue? I'm on a relatively fresh install of Windows 10 Home Pro and fully current on updates.

Fixed my issue that I posted about above... had to specifically try the 2013 Visual C++ and Visual C++ Redistributable Package. The 2015+ one didn't help.

Didn’t the online multiplayer morph overnight into Apex Legends during the whole Battle Royale craze? I remember Fortnite did a similar pivot and the rest is history.

But yeah surprisingly good campaign and gameplay from a game that didn’t get much hype before launch. Ran great and played fast on the hardware of the time. Pretty sure TF1 was online only with mixed reviews, so the real surprise was the campaign for TF2. Ex-infinity Ward COD guys I believe, haven’t heard much from them since but would’ve loved another TF game from them.

Reactions: Nokia
like this
Fixed my issue that I posted about above... had to specifically try the 2013 Visual C++ and Visual C++ Redistributable Package. The 2015+ one didn't help.
Nice! Thanks for posting back with the solution.

The story and single player campaign was the best (and most emotionally charged) one since Deux Ex in 1999. Perhaps even better than Mass Effect, too.

I don’t know if I’d go quite that far, but it is an amazing single player campaign and easily among the better ones of the last several years. Pity what happened with the MP though as both this and its prior game had some of the best competitive MP since Halo 2 (at least for me), it really deserved to have better support from EA.

Didn’t the online multiplayer morph overnight into Apex Legends during the whole Battle Royale craze? I remember Fortnite did a similar pivot and the rest is history.

But yeah surprisingly good campaign and gameplay from a game that didn’t get much hype before launch. Ran great and played fast on the hardware of the time. Pretty sure TF1 was online only with mixed reviews, so the real surprise was the campaign for TF2. Ex-infinity Ward COD guys I believe, haven’t heard much from them since but would’ve loved another TF game from them.

Apex is a completely different game. It’s set in the same universe as Titanfall, but that’s it.

I paid $5 for this on shitty-ass EA Origin some years ago. Already went through the campaign (which I did enjoy) back then. Wish I had waited for this cheaper Steam release instead.

Purchased a copy and requested refund after install because it was unplayable as downloaded. My mistake for missing the part below. No thanks. Bad enough we have to deal with Valve/Steam. EA and the other devs that require yet another online account and launcher can go pound sand. :p

Attachments

• titan.ea.jpg
    titan.ea.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
Purchased a copy and requested refund after install because it was unplayable as downloaded. My mistake for missing the part below. No thanks. Bad enough we have to deal with Valve/Steam. EA and the other devs that require yet another online account and launcher can go pound sand. :p
Aaaaahhhhh, of course, it's an EA game on Steam, so it still requires Origin. I keep forgetting about that shit. Especially when a few rare EA games on Steam like SW Squadrons do NOT require Origin. I fucking hate when a game is on Steam and still needs Ubisoft uPlay/Connect or EA Origin or whatever the fuck else.

Aaaaahhhhh, of course, it's an EA game on Steam, so it still requires Origin. I keep forgetting about that shit. Especially when a few rare EA games on Steam like SW Squadrons do NOT require Origin. I fucking hate when a game is on Steam and still needs Ubisoft uPlay/Connect or EA Origin or whatever the fuck else.
They now have a "mini client" that runs in the background for most of them. TF2 is old enough it doesn't, IIRC.

They now have a "mini client" that runs in the background for most of them.
I am familiar with this mini-client (I think it was called a "thin client"). I had to use it when I played SW Jedi: Fallen Order on Steam. At the time I also had full Origin installed (cuz of when I paid $5 for Titanfall 2 and $5 for another game, one of the Battlefields), and the mini version fucked up the full version, which fucked up the mini version, and then I had to play a fun game of Windows Safe Mode and registry editing to fix that whole mess of shit, and rid myself of both (luckily I had already finished Fallen Order by that time). I don't remember the details of that whole situation cuz it was a few years ago, but that was the first and last time I ever used any version of Origin.

Finished it over the weekend. Excellent SP campaign. Too bad a sequel is unlikely to happen.
I've always said that it was one of the best campaigns I've played in recent times. All the talk was about how Apex Legends would provide the revenue stream to get a sequel up and going (the internet was hopeful) and then a chunk of the team went back to Infinity Ward. SMH

Reactions: TMCM
like this
Back