tips on inserting rigid tubes into fittings securely

mrjayviper

Weaksauce
things I've tried 2 methods to insert the tube (in both instances, the fitting/tube/oring has been lube with dishwashing liquid):
  1. see pic1. in this case, I cannot twist the locking cap all the way. I feel it needs another full turn and a half (maybe 2 full turns) before it goes all the way. It feels the tube is secure though.
  2. see pic2. In this case, I cannot push the tube all the way into the fitting. I also feel this is not possible for some fittings (example: inserting tube for the CPU block). The tube is definitely not secure with this method.
looking at the various build videos, I feel no.1 is the correct way to go but I'm open to ideas.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.49.53 PM.png

Untitled1.png
Untitled2.png

things I've tried 2 methods to insert the tube (in both instances, the fitting/tube/oring has been lube with dishwashing liquid):
  1. see pic1. in this case, I cannot twist the locking cap all the way. I feel it needs another full turn and a half (maybe 2 full turns) before it goes all the way. It feels the tube is secure though.
  2. see pic2. In this case, I cannot push the tube all the way into the fitting. I also feel this is not possible for some fittings (example: inserting tube for the CPU block). The tube is definitely not secure with this method.
looking at the various build videos, I feel no.1 is the correct way to go but I'm open to ideas.

Thanks

View attachment 428436
View attachment 428437View attachment 428438
You do it like in the 1st pic. It should be fine. They are made to be tight down by hand. I never had a leak develope from compression fittings. Pic 2 is not the way to do it at all. Do you have the right tube size and fittings?

pic 1 and always use the same brand for fittings and* tubing. lube with your coolant.
*"and" not "a"

Last edited:
the tube should be flush, or even stick out the back edge of the ferrule slightly.
LUBE!, but it needs to be water based, so either coolant, or if the tube and ferrule just refuse to mate, some KY will do the trick. (seriously)

Back