Thousands of Playstation 5 consoles being stockpiled by Walmart

Walmart has taken the stance that if you shop there you are stealing from them and that's fine they can ask for it and you can choose not to show it to them, it's not illegal for them to demand to see it, and it's not illegal for you to say no. But they will likely call the cops on you which is going to be a bigger pain for you than them. Because Walmart is far too cheap to hire actual security.
I feel like you must not go into Walmart very often. I can assure you they do not call the cops on people who refuse to show their receipts, and I kinda wish they would, given how much money I'd win in lawsuits.

I feel like you must not go into Walmart very often. I can assure you they do not call the cops on people who refuse to show their receipts, and I kinda wish they would, given how much money I'd win in lawsuits.
The nearest one is like a 4h drive away and they've never asked to see a reciept. So I only get there a few times a year the last time was a few weeks ago.

MSM currently running an article for the Xbox Series S. Article says it has only 512Gb of storage with a proprietary expansion card costing a whopping $220.
Never ceases to amaze just how stupid the buying Public really is and then they wonder why things in the Country are going to hell in a hand basket. Unbelievable times.

MSM currently running an article for the Xbox Series S. Article says it has only 512Gb of storage with a proprietary expansion card costing a whopping $220.
Never ceases to amaze just how stupid the buying Public really is and then they wonder why things in the Country are going to hell in a hand basket. Unbelievable times.
If you're buying an S, you intelligence is already in question.

yea i never felt like the price difference was enough. But it also might just exist to help sell the X. Creates a mental comparison that helps justify buying the X, and will also sell itself too. Can't remember the name of that strategy but it is not uncommon.

I don’t see why. It’s a great little cheap system for people. The price of the expansion card is stupid and 512GB isn’t great, but eh. For the price the lower internal storage is easier to forgive.

yea i never felt like the price difference was enough. But it also might just exist to help sell the X. Creates a mental comparison that helps justify buying the X, and will also sell itself too. Can't remember the name of that strategy but it is not uncommon.
Towards the end of this generation, it's going to be woefully underpowered, and poor devs will have to make stuff work on it.

It would be completely in character for Walmart to be saving at least few PS5s and other items for each store to have as some kind of "doorbuster" sale where if you've bought into Walmart's new special or premium service plan you might be able to buy one at MSRP.

I bought the rotisserie chicken. Great deal, financially speaking. I'm single so I get at least 2 meals from one bird and that means reheating meal #2 slowly in the microwave. That's when I heard a crackle and saw a tiny flash like from an arc welder. Didn't think much of it until the next time I bought a chicken and same thing happened. I reported it to Walmart and they laughed at me on the phone.
It has reoccurred many times with other rotisserie chickens from Walmart and even their cut up stuff. No one can tell me what's in the chicken that causes that sparking event. It has to be some kind of metal I would think.
BTW, when's the last time Walmart Door Nazis required you to show them your receipt on the way out the store? Almost no one seems to realize they have ZERO Legal Authority to be doing that but most folks are thoroughly brainwashed by now so they have no clue. I realize they do that door check because they now have the Customers doing their job checking out the food but it's still illegal for them to be doing it, or it used to be years back. When they ask you for your receipt to see if you're stealing the beer they are accusing you of possibly being a thief. Here's just one of millions of examples how brainwashed the US Public has become:

Is it legal to not show your receipt at Walmart?
If you don't cooperate, the retailer could... Yes it is legal for a stores to require you produce your receipt before you exit there stores since you did not come into the store with the items you are leaving with

Note the precise grammar and especially the pinpoint spelling. Ignorance of one's rights and lack of proper education seem to go hand in hand.
Hey! Screw Walmart ... go to LA where you can get your Christmas presents for Free. Walk in, shop then walk out and no receipt checking either

Walmart doesn't have the authority to require showing a receipt because it's a basic retail store, Costco does and presumably Sam's Club as well since those are membership organizations and that's one of the terms of membership.

Then again. nothing is stopping Walmart (or really the employees) from accusing you of shoplifting and detaining you in the store until the cops show up, while claiming that they suspected you of shoplifting because of how suspicious you were in refusing to show your receipt.

I can't believe you people still going on about the receipt thing? Who gives a shit. I don't understand why any of you make such a big deal of it. You people are not much different then the snowflakes on the left. It is not the hill worth dying on.

I can't believe you people still going on about the receipt thing? Who gives a shit. I don't understand why any of you make such a big deal of it. You people are not much different then the snowflakes on the left. It is not the hill worth dying on.

Ah. You’re right about it not being a hill worth dying on. Perhaps this is a reaction to the larger issue of our rapidly growing surveillance state and the looming panopticon which it serves. If the larger issue seems difficult to address, sometimes a smaller issue is chosen as a proxy.

Ya'lls walmarts are ghetto. They don't have receipt checkers anywhere around here.

Ya'lls walmarts are ghetto. They don't have receipt checkers anywhere around here.

I haven't been to Walmart in a few years but I have lived in a couple of the "best cities to live in" with the basically no crime and they still had random receipt checks.

They're the only Walmarts within a pretty good distance so you get all the crazy people within that distance doing their shopping in one store. We're talking a couple million people. There are going to be quite a few characters coming from outside the highly affluent area the Walmart is located.

My local wal-mart definitely stereotypes. We have receipt checkers, but, I've not been stopped here, yet they have stopped people that look like they'd steal, regardless of color. The door checkers are old ladies and if you have tattoos, look like a meth head, or are not white, you're going to get checked.

I've been wondering why PS5s are out of stock everywhere, now I know, wal-mart is hording them.

My local wal-mart definitely stereotypes. We have receipt checkers, but, I've not been stopped here, yet they have stopped people that look like they'd steal, regardless of color. The door checkers are old ladies and if you have tattoos, look like a meth head, or are not white, you're going to get checked.

I've been wondering why PS5s are out of stock everywhere, now I know, wal-mart is hording them.
They legally cant stop you to check your receipt, you can just keep going and there is nothing Walmart can do. Even if they find a discrepancy they cant detain you so its just a dog and pony show.

Back