Thoughts on the TU150?

How is the cpu temp doing? I am considering this case, but I would really have preferred a mesh intake for that front fan to supply the air to the cpu cooler.

I have an 8086K running at stock clocks. Load testing was me playing a couple rounds of CoD: MW earlier.

Idles at ~35-38C
Load temp never went above 80C. Was mostly in the low to mid 70s for most of it. Also keep in mind that I have the fans controlled more for acoustics than pure airflow. The system is very quiet while playing.

I have another fan for the NH-D15s but I wasn't able to fit it due to the location of the front panel USB header. You can see in the pic where the cable loops up in the way. Plenty of room to fit it if motherboard placement works.

Reactions: emphy
like this
Got a 3080 recently so thought I'd give an update for anyone interested in this case / card combo. I previously had an EVGA 2070 Super with 2x Corsair LL120 fans in the bottom of the case.

The 3080 XC3 Ultra is a bit taller than the 2070 was. As a result it was extremely close to the bottoms fans - like a piece of notebook paper of space - practically touching. In BFV the card was running around 82C. It seemed a bit high compared to what I was reading for folks with the same card. I ended up grabbing a pair of Noctua NF-A12x15 fans in throwing them in the bottom. Card hasn't gone above 72C since the swap. The extra room to breathing room seems to be helping I guess.

The XC3 and Noctua's are very quiet though - very happy with both the performance and acoustics of both :)
I want to build a similar system in the future, when I can get my hands a 3080. Other third party manufacturer 3080's are even taller though.
I'm currently looking at a Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC because that one's only 55mm tall. Do you think I can still fit 15mm fans in the bottom to keep it cool in the TU150?

I ordered a TU150 last night, should have it the end of the week. Went with black with no window.

I want to build a similar system in the future, when I can get my hands a 3080. Other third party manufacturer 3080's are even taller though.
I'm currently looking at a Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC because that one's only 55mm tall. Do you think I can still fit 15mm fans in the bottom to keep it cool in the TU150?

My personal take would be if you're going to run fans in the bottom you probably want to be looking at EVGA or FE.

I've seen a number of builds with 3 slot cars and no fans on the bottom as well. The holes in the bottom may allow for enough airflow to come through and work fine with a big beefy cooler.

Here's a measurement from the top of the Noctuas to the backplate of my EVGA XC3:
PXL_20201116_161230471.jpg

My personal take would be if you're going to run fans in the bottom you probably want to be looking at EVGA or FE.

I've seen a number of builds with 3 slot cars and no fans on the bottom as well. The holes in the bottom may allow for enough airflow to come through and work fine with a big beefy cooler.

Here's a measurement from the top of the Noctuas to the backplate of my EVGA XC3:
Thanks for the reference picture, I guess the other cards might barely fit in there, but then there would be no room between the card and the fan.

So ill either have to go with no fans in the bottom and a bigger 3080 or ill go with the same setup with an EVGA and fans (most likely wont be able to get a FE).

I will try to look into it and find out if no fans are sufficient to cool this beast of a GPU in this case, although I'm worried.

Thanks for the reference picture, I guess the other cards might barely fit in there, but then there would be no room between the card and the fan.

So ill either have to go with no fans in the bottom and a bigger 3080 or ill go with the same setup with an EVGA and fans (most likely wont be able to get a FE).

I will try to look into it and find out if no fans are sufficient to cool this beast of a GPU in this case, although I'm worried.
I'm going to run a 3090fe with no fans under it.

Reactions: Leyon
like this
I got my TU150 today! Unfortunately I'm having motherboard issues with the asrock board I got :( I ordered an asus instead, but it won't be here until friday. Bummer. Oh yeah, I still need a psu too.

Went ahead and mickey moused some hardware to custom fit some 135mm fans which have 120mm mounting holes. The rear wouldn't fit inside the case so it's on the back, I'll have to grt a fan filter to act as a guard. The wire will go through the fan mounting hole. Figure it allows for a little more room inside the case for air to get around things that would otherwise be under the fan (vrm) or allow me to do a different fan setup on the cpu (though I'm going to try a passive heatsink first).

20201117_133704.jpg
20201117_133725.jpg
20201117_133754.jpg

20201117_153724.jpg

And I went ahead and removed the case logo. I prefer the clean look of nothing. Heat gun and a finger nail.
20201117_155725.jpg

Last edited:
Got my motherboard early, put the system together with an atx psu outside until I can get a powerful enough sfx psu. Has an apu in it until I can get a 5900x in it as well. The 3090 FE was not easy to install, had to remove front fan, cpu cooler, ram, and USB cables. Got the custom mounted 135mm fans front and back and running cpu cooler passive (since it's right up against the exhaust basically). Will add the 140mm cpu fan when I get the 5900x if necessary.

20201119_123941.jpg
20201119_123951.jpg
20201119_123901.jpg

I can't leave this thing alone. I installed an anti sag remidy for the 3090 in the form of a couple screws and couplers with a plastic washer stuck on one end touching the graphics card. It works well enough to keep the pressure off the slot.

20201204_143925.jpg
20201204_144053.jpg

And in what can only be a mad attempt at making the computer built for portability as heavy as possible, I added a corsair H80i v2 cpu cooler on a newly installed 3950x.

20201204_151628.jpg
20201204_151650.jpg

Hey everyone, sorry long time lurker here. I haven’t built a system in over a decade, but my wife is interested in a Cyberpunk and VR (index) build. Her gaming setup is in a different room from the VR space, so we are interested in the TU150 with its handle

I was able to pick up a 3070 from a long cold Microcenter morning, so will definitely include that! That is the only piece I currently have

How does this build look? I’m a little concerned about things fitting in the mini-ITX size.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YxKWBc
Parts picker

Thanks everyone!

-Mike

Hey everyone, sorry long time lurker here. I haven’t built a system in over a decade, but my wife is interested in a Cyberpunk and VR (index) build. Her gaming setup is in a different room from the VR space, so we are interested in the TU150 with its handle

I was able to pick up a 3070 from a long cold Microcenter morning, so will definitely include that! That is the only piece I currently have

How does this build look? I’m a little concerned about things fitting in the mini-ITX size.

Parts picker

Thanks everyone!

-Mike
looks good to me, I used a taller heatsink and it fit, and I have the same ram and PSU in my system as well. Both are performing well.

looks good to me, I used a taller heatsink and it fit, and I have the same ram and PSU in my system as well. Both are performing well.
Glad to hear! How tall is your heat sink if you don’t mind me asking? I like how it sits flush to the rear exhaust mount.

I will admit that I picked the Power Supply directly from your build, as it really seemed to be well-positioned for this case!

Glad to hear! How tall is your heat sink if you don’t mind me asking? I like how it sits flush to the rear exhaust mount.

I will admit that I picked the Power Supply directly from your build, as it really seemed to be well-positioned for this case!
My cooler in post 49 was 162mm tall. I was trying to get the new cooler master itx psus but with everything in low supply, I jumped on the chance of getting an SF750 at my local Microcenter, and it's platinum rated instead of gold like the cooler master. It's pretty much the go to power supply for itx builds.

Parts picker

Thanks everyone!

-Mike

Looks like an awesome build! I'm using the Noctua NH-D15S which is 160mm tall. I also have the Chromax covers on top which brings it to 165mm. It fits with no issues so you should be fine with the one you've selected.

I'm also using the SF750. Agreed that it's pretty much the de facto PSU for ITX builds these days.

Looks like an awesome build! I'm using the Noctua NH-D15S which is 160mm tall. I also have the Chromax covers on top which brings it to 165mm. It fits with no issues so you should be fine with the one you've selected.

I'm also using the SF750. Agreed that it's pretty much the de facto PSU for ITX builds these days.
Oooh, I like the concept of the asymmetrical cooler. Do you happen to have a photo of how that ended up? I figured that I might have to run the currently-selected cooler with a single fan, using a large total-case exhaust fan.

Managed to finish my first pc build in this case. Everything seems to be working, although the Ryzen 7 5800x seems to run quite hot and my noctua fans + dh15 are quite loud running at high speed.

Edit: CPU was running in default with a constant high voltage. I tweeked some BIOS settings and now everything is running wonderful.

Last edited:
Quiet in here....

So here is a pic of me trying to cram a custom loop in.

20201231_144936.jpg

I've been looking at the TU150 for a long time. My take on it is that if you're going to air cool, buy the TU150 as it has much better clearances for a large cooler. If you're going to WC, buy the NR200.

I have a NR200, but I might buy a TU150 for my GF.

not sure if anyone is interested, but I am planning to create a custom 3D printed fully ventilated side panel for the tu150. This is mainly out of necessity with the 3090/3950x inside creating a lot of heat and not enough exhaust to get it out. More to come, I guess I will post updates here, seems the most appropriate place.

Back