Those with two HDMI 2.1 displays and only 1 GPU HDMI port, how do you handle it?

Neon01

[H]ard|Gawd
I use a OLEDCX48 for my couch gaming/MadVR movie watching, and I've just picked up another 42" OLED (LG C2) on a recent deal to pair with my 1600p UW desktop monitor. Naturally, my 4090 only has one HDMI port. I don't have a need to use both TVs at the same time, so that helps.

I considered a DP1.4 to HDMI2.1 converter, but all the ones I've found say they don't support VRR, which is a deal breaker for me. Are there reliable switching devices to take the one HDMI 2.1 input and send it to one TV or the other and retain all functionality? Kinda wish I had gotten one of those Asus 4090s with the two HDMI outs, but the FE is what I was able to buy, so it is what it is.

Surely someone has deal with this issue here among all you fine [H] folks. Any solutions I'm not seeing?

I bought a Gigabyte card the only one I could get with 2xHDMI.
VRR has flicker isseus anyway, so I don't use it.

I've been using a LG CX 48" for years with a DP to HDMI 2.1 adapter simply because my 2080 Ti did not have a HDMI 2.1 port. I haven't found lack of VRR to be as big an issue as I thought. It is annoying that the default on my 4090 is still 3x DP 1.4 + 1x HDMI 2.1 rather than 2+2 of each as that would be way better.

In any case I think you have to just try a HDMI 2.1 switch and see how it works for you. If you find a good product, please report back! Quick google pointed me to these: https://www.hdtvsupply.com/8k-hdmi-product.html but I have no idea how well they work.

Those of you guys getting by without VRR just sound crazy to me. VRR off or Vsync on are disgusting when it comes to motion and input lag.

VRR has become such a necessity that I would choose to just not game if it wasn't available.

Back