Thinking About Going SFF

Calibur

Gawd
HI, I have a system that i think ima take to SFF. Im looking to stay under 200$, I see a couple on newegg that i like under 200 but it is hard to tell which ones will fit my needs. I have 1gb of ram that takes up 2 slots, and a p4 2.6c 800fsb w/ HT. What do you guys suggest? Will i have any heat problems?

Guess the first question would be if you plan on gaming or not? Also do you have a APG video card that you plan to use? Or would you rather use on board graphic? Heat really isn't a big problem unless you plan to throw in 2 10,000RPM Raptor drives. I recommend going over to www.sfftech.com and visit the forums. Most all SFF users end up there sooner or later.

Yes i plan on gaming. there will be 2 drives in there, 7200 rpm a piece, and a dvd burner. The reason behind this, is i don't want to have a big bulky tower when i move into college in the fall

" Heat really isn't a big problem unless you plan to throw in 2 10,000RPM Raptor drives"

AWWWW, So much for a killer SFFPC

Pick up an SB61G2 - you won't regret it and it will fit your needs and price range reasonably well.

Back