think my Sapphire vega 64 is dying

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Getting artifacts and the screen just goes black (or off?) then comes back on for not really enough time to do any troubleshooting. Had same issues with driver uninstalled and also saw artifacts doing the reboot (pre windows)....yep looks like the card is failing....sucks but this is first time i ever had issues, driver or otherwise. testing the display and cable with my laptop and seem to be mostly ok.

refresh my memory.. Is it a pain to RMA sapphire cards? Ill try and throw in my backup 280x when get time to 100% confirm its was just a failing card.

Haven't done an RMA with Sapphire, keep us posted if you do. My guess is some thermal pads are breaking down or the thermal paste drying out and not making good contact with the hbm2. Normally artifacting is indictive of a memory issue though.

Haven't done an RMA with Sapphire, keep us posted if you do. My guess is some thermal pads are breaking down or the thermal paste drying out and not making good contact with the hbm2. Normally artifacting is indictive of a memory issue though.
ancient 280x is running flawless with same driver i was using...For now still communicating with https://support.sapphiretech.com/... My guess is some kind of memory failure as well

ancient 280x is running flawless with same driver i was using...For now still communicating with https://support.sapphiretech.com/... My guess is some kind of memory failure as well
I still run a 280x in my daughter's PC. I did reapply thermal paste and pads recently. I also did so on an old nitro fury, those pads where half disintegrated on the fury. I probably won't t tear the Sapphire Vega 64 in my son's PC down to reapply until we get a water loop/block, curious to see how it looks now though.

I still run a 280x in my daughter's PC. I did reapply thermal paste and pads recently. I also did so on an old nitro fury, those pads where half disintegrated on the fury. I probably won't t tear the Sapphire Vega 64 in my son's PC down to reapply until we get a water loop/block, curious to see how it looks now though.
Waiting till warranty expires before taking anything apart (for now).... really I been babying the usage and keeping it clean.... really kinda surprised it developed issues

I RMA'd several sapphire cards when GPU mining took off the first time. It was very slow but hassle free. I filled out the online forms and followed the RMA directions. Company never contacted me but replacement cards showed up ~ a month later.

Sounds about normal... I submitted an asrock RMA for a motherboard, I'm thinking about a month... Between shipping there, then the 5-10 business days, then shipping back, seems about par for an RMA I guess, but I really would love my MB back soon as it's my main/daily driver.

Sounds about normal... I submitted an asrock RMA for a motherboard, I'm thinking about a month... Between shipping there, then the 5-10 business days, then shipping back, seems about par for an RMA I guess, but I really would love my MB back soon as it's my main/daily driver.

Yeah I've RMA'd mobos and gpus and I just assume it will be a month before I get it back. Some companies like EVGA will cross-ship.

W
Yeah I've RMA'd mobos and gpus and I just assume it will be a month before I get it back. Some companies like EVGA will cross-ship.
Odd, I didn't know EVGA did that, wonder if that's still the case? But this is my first RMA ever (I've been building PCs for 20 years now), so I can't complain to much ;).

The best RMA I ever submitted was for an MSI 9600 GT. They sent me a Radeon HD 5850 back. Score!
I've done a few motherboards and graphics cards over the years. Best-case was two weeks, worst-case was a month.

The best RMA I ever submitted was for an MSI 9600 GT. They sent me a Radeon HD 5850 back. Score!
I've done a few motherboards and graphics cards over the years. Best-case was two weeks, worst-case was a month.

Lucky!! The 5850 was a good card, one of two AMD cards I've owned over the years.

Back