Thermalright AXP-90 -- Good SFF CPU-Cooler now more readily available

BenWah

Weaksauce
The Thermalright AXP-90 received some great reviews, it fits especially well in SFF systems.
The problem was you had to order it straight from China for a long time.

Now I see two sellers on EBAY who are shipping them from places in the USA.

So now this option can be considered by more people.

Last edited:
I imported two of them from China via Aliexpress, which is a little sketch, but worked out fine. I ended up replacing the fans with Noctuas as I didn't care for the noise profile and getting a 1 mm thinner fan was a good thing in my case; a 47mm cooler fits in the Inwin Chopin, but just barely (and assuming your cpu socket is not too close to the backplate, briging it down to 46 mm means if I touch the side, it doesn't jam into the fan :D

I just wish they'd rotate it 90 degrees for AM4, so the fins were parallel with ram instead of perpendicular. And I think I'd like a mounting plate on the back instead of just thumbscrews. OTOH, it does the job, and I wanted something copper, so I didn't have much choice in the height I've got.

can’t remember what product I was thinking of but I use to rock thermalright in everything. They were the gold standard for me back then. Always glad to see them coming out with more products.

Both of my AM4 boxes are using Thermalrights. Macho Rev B on my 1700 and Le Grand Macho on my 3900X Aside from a little bit finicky install, purely due to the damn size of the thing, they've been wonderful.

Back