The Walking Dead FPS...GOTY 2013

First I have heard about it, Im at work and cant view the video unless someone posts to vimeo.

I watched IGN play it live yesterday. That was enough to tell me that I dont want it. Generic as hell and full of bugs. The survival game genre is not overcrowded yet, it would be nice to get more that dont start with war and end in z

Nut punching a zombie would be fun once. Maybe twice but the rest of the gameplay looks really uninspired.

For a game being published by activision they were sure FAST to announce it and promote it when it was announced.

However they went dark after that and haven't said hardly a PEEP about it, that shoudl tell you something.

Also I find it funny hardly any of the big gaming sites (IGN/Gamespot, etc) have reviewed it yet.

Like many licensed games, it's a cash grab.

I'd recommend getting the Telltale walking dead adventure series over this game.

The concept could have and should have been good. What a waste.

That game looks like it could have been easily developed as a half life 2 mod. Damn that looks bad.

playing it right now. it's pretty much the most linear game i have ever played. it does have some neato features and cool ideas but for the most part i would say they are poorly executed and it's a bargain bin game. one plus is that the difficulty is not a complete joke, per say, it's pretty fucking easy to get your ass handed to you if you fire off a gun and aren't in good supply of ammunition, because the walkers come out of the woodworks.

I'd give it a shot for $10 just for shits and giggles, not for $50.

This meets all the criteria of a cash-grab

At one point I think they had cancelled the PC version

The hand-to-hand combat actually looks pretty good. Nice kinetic feel to it. Shame about the audio. And the AI. And the pathfinding. And the gameplay in general. And some of the visuals.

This was announced back in the summer I think. Not surprised in the least by its gameplay qualities.

Was anyone really surprised this game would turn out to be anything other than shit? The Walking Dead game (the one with the 5 episodes )is vastly superior in every way IMHO.

bought Organ Trail instead. proceeded to orgasm

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Are they really asking for 50 bucks for this garbage? This could barely be worth a .99 iOS game. Dear lord.

On another note, anybody here getting bored with the TWD series on AMC? I read the comics and appreciate character development but its really turning into a soap opera with zombies.

fdiaz78 said:
Are they really asking for 50 bucks for this garbage? This could barely be worth a .99 iOS game. Dear lord.

On another note, anybody here getting bored with the TWD series on AMC? I read the comics and appreciate character development but its really turning into a soap opera with zombies.

the only great episode this 'half' season was Clear. every other episode I've found myself doing laundry or some shit while its on because it's so fucking boring.

they've cut out A LOT of the controversial material in favor of a watered down approach to appeal to the female audience. real shame.

now, if Andrea were to get popped in the face and shot in her uterus, I may change my opinion.

now, if Andrea were to get popped in the face and shot in her uterus, I may change my opinion.

Glad I'm not the only one that wishes Andrea would just end up killed off.

Then I wouldn't have to spend almost every episode asking my wife, "WTF is wrong with that idiot?".

Lol...It only took me watching the first two or three episodes of the show to have the same feeling. Haven't watched it since.

the only great episode this 'half' season was Clear. every other episode I've found myself doing laundry or some shit while its on because it's so fucking boring.

they've cut out A LOT of the controversial material in favor of a watered down approach to appeal to the female audience. real shame.

She's annoyed me too. They have deviated from the source material too much. I can understand that some of the comics scenes are just not appropriate for television but some of the stuff was critical to the story. Season 2 almost killed it for me since they spent so much time in the dam farm. This season started good then progressed into yawnville again. The governor never took his sweet time invading the prison AND it was a short, brutal and decisive battle.

Lol...It only took me watching the first two or three episodes of the show to have the same feeling. Haven't watched it since.

really? i was hooked by the second episode. and season 2 was phenomenal. different strokes for different folks :)

really? i was hooked by the second episode. and season 2 was phenomenal. different strokes for different folks :)

Yeah, I found it to be utterly boring right from the get-go. Maybe I actually watched more than two episodes, I don't remember. All I remember is that the show was like 95% inter-character drama and about 5% zombies. Maybe I had the wrong expectations going in, but what it ended up being doesn't appeal to me.

I have seen every episode about 3 times. Season 2 is a lot better the 2nd time you watch it. I think the 3rd season has been great.

Yeah, I found it to be utterly boring right from the get-go. Maybe I actually watched more than two episodes, I don't remember. All I remember is that the show was like 95% inter-character drama and about 5% zombies. Maybe I had the wrong expectations going in, but what it ended up being doesn't appeal to me.

That's where the comic deviates. In the comics you had character development but it was done in a way that the characters were on edge and fearful. There was no explanation of what was causing the zombie plague and survivors were extremely careful about venturing anywhere because dammit you might get eaten alive. In the show these guys go out all the time and I swear have this apathy about the zombies and are worried about trivial stuff.

There is a real sense of danger which Robert Kirkman brings into the series that makes you feel for the characters. I could not give a crap about any of the characters including Rick on the TV show.

Just recently they killed of a major character in the comic and I was like dam what a terrible end to a good character. He will be missed. I put the comic down and had a moment for him LOL.

Anyway at this rate the show is jumping the shark for me.

Was anyone really surprised this game would turn out to be anything other than shit? The Walking Dead game (the one with the 5 episodes )is vastly superior in every way IMHO.

I thought it had a chance to be ok, but who knew they'd launch it so quickly? I mean they didn't even advertise the thing.

Back