The Voron lives...

maclem8223

[H]ard|Gawd
After months of sourcing parts, spent the last couple weeks putting a Voron 2.4 together. Going through initial tuning now but what a beast. The engineering that whent in to this thing is top notch, super happy with how it turned out so far.
1634044017036.png

Last edited:
Is that the 300x300x300 size?

What sort of parts were you sourcing? Was this a second hand printer or something?

300 build yes. Not second hand at all, just built it. There are kits out there at this point but you never know exactly what you are going to get so the community still recommends sourcing your own parts. The BOM is quite lengthy, every little t-nut and bolt soured. Cost me some extra sure, but quality parts sourced and...it was kinda fun ngl. Edit: Here she is about a week ago.
1634052463465.png

Last edited:
I considered building a Voron to replace my very old Monoprice Maker V2, that prints fine but takes forever and the setup is a pain. Have never built one so I chickened out. Instead I ordered a prusa clone kit, finished it up and now debugging it, haven't printed anything yet Once it's printing solid may plan a Voron 0.1 and MAYBE work my way up to a 2.4.

Beautiful machine you have! Congrats!

Looks great. Ive always had the thought of running linear bearings on my ender 3. Cool to see there's already a full project based around it.

Looks great. Ive always had the thought of running linear bearings on my ender 3. Cool to see there's already a full project based around it.
Honestly linear rails on the Y axis has had the most impact for me between my cr-10 and ender 3. Cheap parts on aliexpress

Honestly linear rails on the Y axis has had the most impact for me between my cr-10 and ender 3. Cheap parts on aliexpress
That's my hope here as well. This conversion is actually dual rails on the Y so I'm excited to see what it can do when done. Edit: Orignial SW is a single MGN12 rail I believe.

Yep that was what sparked the thought in the first place. Even fully tightened up and adjusted, the Y axis is pretty sloppy.

Second 2.4 300mm serial request vid. Switchwire is done and up and running, just need to request serial. Trident 350mm frame put together just awaiting other parts. All rigs printing parts for a company and paying themselves off at this point. Really happy with how this build turned out color scheme wise. Input shaper and bed mesh spot on right off the bat as well. The kinematic mounts most certainly help with heat expansion. Happy camper and thought I'd share with my fellow printer enthusiasts

1656369020142.png
1656368811512.png

Overall, how hard would you rate it to put together/build? I currently have an Ender 3 Pro, and there's basically nothing wrong with it. However, I want a CoreXY printer with a bigger build plate. Yes, I know I can extend the E3P, but it's cost prohibitive, and I may as well get a 2nd printer. I'm pretty sure I would need it anyway to print some of the parts for these DIY.

I don't mind if the sourcing takes a while, since I have the E3P in the meantime.

Overall, how hard would you rate it to put together/build? I currently have an Ender 3 Pro, and there's basically nothing wrong with it. However, I want a CoreXY printer with a bigger build plate. Yes, I know I can extend the E3P, but it's cost prohibitive, and I may as well get a 2nd printer. I'm pretty sure I would need it anyway to print some of the parts for these DIY.

I don't mind if the sourcing takes a while, since I have the E3P in the meantime.

Nero live streams building these, long video to watch but if you skip around you can get the gist of it. It is a lot of parts but there is a full assembly manual for them as well as 3d models you can look at. Tons of videos and the discord server is full of helpful people as well.

I built the voron v0, less parts but captured hex nuts which was my pain, not recommended for you though since it is a small build area 120x120. The voron 2.4 or trident would both be a good printer for you and there really isnt a print quality difference between the two, just comes down to what you would prefer to make.

https://vorondesign.com/voron2.4
https://www.fabreeko.com/collections/v2-4/products/ldo-voron-v2-4-kit?variant=42263240704255

https://vorondesign.com/voron_trident
https://www.fabreeko.com/collection...oron-trident-kit-300mm?variant=43444444233983

https://discord.com/invite/voron

Sourcing your own parts is great if you want 100% control of what goes in it, but will cost more. On the vorondesign links they do provide a bill of materials and links to where you can buy each item from.

Turns out I found a Voron 2.4r2 locally for $580 on Craigslist. I have a little work to do (get induction probe working again - or replace it), re-attach the side panels, and organize the wiring underneath. But for the price, I had to jump on it.

Turns out I found a Voron 2.4r2 locally for $580 on Craigslist. I have a little work to do (get induction probe working again - or replace it), re-attach the side panels, and organize the wiring underneath. But for the price, I had to jump on it.
Ya just in parts alone.....hell just the printed parts is half of that.

Were one of you responsible for this? I was wanting to build a Voron 2.4 then saw this build on Facebook.

Last edited:
Back