The Riftbreaker - An action-RPG, RTS, Tower Defense Hybrid

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
This game looks like a really fun genre blend. Coming sometime 2020

"The Riftbreaker is a base-building, survival game with Action-RPG elements. You are an elite scientist/commando inside an advanced Mecha-Suit capable of dimensional rift travel. Hack & slash countless enemies. Build up your base, collect samples and research new inventions to survive. "

Just stumbled on this from the AMD FidelityFX thread- there is a Demo on steam and a bunch of screenshots and a few videos. Looks interesting (and I'm trying the demo tonight).

take the challenge...

"anybody done the "kyle bennett FSR challenge" yet? ive got to get updated and try it..."

https://twitter.com/KyleBennett/status/1407421909030125569
470410_1624490657709.png

Just to make sure I'm on the correct page, I'm on a 1080ti and all I need to do is enable it in game? I'll definitely check it out!

So I'm in this for about an hour now.

Um, I'm doing the prologue. How long are these rounds? Is this a one sitting deal, or am I working on each round for like a week? Also, not sure about saving a game? Does it do it automatically?

So I had a random creature in my base that wasn't firing anything. Just sitting there. That was hanging up my progress. The quest line or whatever wasn't completing.

Did the full prologue. That final wave was foolish. I guess its beatable.

Game was ok I guess. meh

The Riftbreaker- Release Date Announcement

October 14th, 2021...Riftbreaker is also going to be a day-one release on Xbox Game Pass...it’ll be available in both the console and PC versions of Xbox Game Pass...

YESSSSSSS

The demo was a lot of fun and it's really nice to have a unique RTS again.

Keen AF for this one. Kinda seems in the same style as Deathtrap. If you want an RPG strategy / Tower defense to tide you over until Riftbreaker drops, I highly recommend it.

Back