The Outer Worlds (New Obsidian RPG)

Spacer's Choice is a pain in the ass. Purchased earlier this month, installed with DLC, tried continuing existing game, level capped at 36.

Started new game, level capped at 36.

Wiped the game and am now re-installing. I really hope this works otherwise I'm leaving a medium review on Steam. Makes no sense that I have to start a new playthrough or reinstall the game entirely to get the 99 level cap.

So you were loading a save from the original Outer Worlds?

.. I'm a little confused as to what you're saying exactly :(

Hopefully things work out for ya!

- I started a fresh playthrough when I bought Spacer's Choice and have been having a GREAT time (y)

So you were loading a save from the original Outer Worlds?

.. I'm a little confused as to what you're saying exactly :(

Hopefully things work out for ya!

- I started a fresh playthrough when I bought Spacer's Choice and have been having a GREAT time (y)

Yes, loaded a save from original The Outer Worlds after installing Spacer's Choice. Leveling stopped at 36.

Started new game, leveling stopped at 36.

Uninstalled then reinstalled Outer Worlds. Hoping it'll start leveling past 36 once I get there. Again.

Yes, loaded a save from original The Outer Worlds after installing Spacer's Choice. Leveling stopped at 36.

Uninstalled then reinstalled Outer Worlds. Hoping it'll start leveling past 36 once I get there. Again.
How do you load a save game from the original to spacer choice, just copy the save game file to new spacer's Choice directory? I didn't know it was possibly

What do you mean it "stopped"? How did you load the old save into the new game, anyway?

Untitled.jpg

My older save files work with The Spacers Choice version. I loaded up both games and Shadow and lighting quality is tons better.

Wait. You get better graphocs in the new version you have to pay for again?
Like most things, pretty sure you can upgrade to the special edition for less if you already have the base game.

Spacers Choice has all the DLC and the engine updates in a single package.

Like most things, pretty sure you can upgrade to the special edition for less if you already have the base game.

Spacers Choice has all the DLC and the engine updates in a single package.

dumb... I think I have some of the DLC and the game already.

I'm just glad I finally got this for free because I thought I bought this but actually bought No Man's Sky.

dumb... I think I have some of the DLC and the game already.
You only have to pay for the parts you don't already own.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/28250/The_Outer_Worlds_Spacers_Choice_Edition_Upgrade_Bundle/
Players who already have The Outer Worlds and its associated DLC, Murder on Eridanos and Peril on Gorgon, on Steam can upgrade to The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition for a reduced purchase price.* To enable the upgrade purchasing option, players must be signed into the same Steam Account they used to purchase the base game and its associated DLC and select the “Complete the Bundle” purchasing option.

Even now, after upgrading from a 1080 to 3070, I get that weird "golden/shimmering" hair glitch in Spacer's Choice.

- So I ended up purchasing the OG version DLC's since it was on sale for $16, cranked it to 75% resolution at 4K (G-Sync on, Vsync disabled, all Ultra settings)

Runs at a fairly consistent 90 fps and the "stutters of old" are nowhere to be found

.... Damn shame Spacer's Choice is still glitchy and unfortunately since their last patch was in July - I'm not expecting any further updates

Back