The Next GTX 750 Ti?

sk3tch

2[H]4U
We've been hearing a lot about the GTX 960 dropping any day/minute now - but what about the 950 series? Has there been any indication when that is coming? Must be Q2 at the earliest at this point...

Picked up a GTX 750 Ti for cheap and I'm curious as to when the next revision will be released. The 750 Ti is such a great bang/buck card.

How can they make a 950/950 Ti while still on 28nm? The 750/750 Ti already uses Maxwell so no way of increasing performance without increasing wattage which would kill the whole point of that card.

How can they make a 950/950 Ti while still on 28nm? The 750/750 Ti already uses Maxwell so no way of increasing performance without increasing wattage which would kill the whole point of that card.

Ah, I guess you're right...there will be no GTX 950/950 Ti. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing from the lack of response that there are no significant rumors. Probably more of a Q3 thing or something.

I'm hoping for something lower end than the 960 as well. I have a gtx 570 right now but I don't really play games anymore. I'd keep the gtx but I am looking to get the 4k phillips 40" and I would need display port, which the 570 doesn't have (or any support for 4k really).

I have a 39" 4k seiki at work and its great but I would want a 60hz at home. Also hdmi 2.0 would be nice as a I have a 4k tv/receiver that I would hook it into as well.

I'm hoping for something lower end than the 960 as well. I have a gtx 570 right now but I don't really play games anymore. I'd keep the gtx but I am looking to get the 4k phillips 40" and I would need display port, which the 570 doesn't have (or any support for 4k really).

I have a 39" 4k seiki at work and its great but I would want a 60hz at home. Also hdmi 2.0 would be nice as a I have a 4k tv/receiver that I would hook it into as well.

If not the GTX750Ti itself, then the next logical step would be a GTX960. Both have 2 GB of GDDR5, and are less than $100USD apart - either e-tail or retail. (Both support DisplayPort as well.) The power-delivery differences are the only external differences, as most GTX750Tis require no external power at all, while the 960s require either dual-6-pin or single 8-pin. If you're a light-to-casual gamer, I would suggest the older GTX750Ti (due to the lack of external power requirements) - otherwise, the GTX960 gets the nod (due to better/more consistent 4K support, especially if you want to use DSR in what games you do play).

Would be nice if they could crunch the 960 into a size that was 7 inches or under. Gigabyte has the 960 but the damn thing is 8 inches.

eta; evga has the SC that is just under 7 inches. May be a prime candidate

I'm looking for a HDMI 2.0 card for my htpc. $200 is a bit high getting a 960 so I would be interested in an updated 750 with HDMI 2.0.

Back