The Mysterious release of the Phenom II x6 1100T

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
well for all of you AMD fans out there and people that dont read any other sections of the forum besides the DC section or people that own AMD processors and need something to play with in the overclocking realm i present you the OMGWTFBBQ Phenom II x6 1100T.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1567167

4.4-3.1-1800-cas7-wPrime-32-1024.jpg

from the looks of it. it overclocks higher. but the biggest gain of all is that you can overclock the NB to 3.2Ghz. come on i know some one wants to buy one and try bigadv WU's on it. this thing should easily do it. at 4.5ghz it scores just below the low end 12 core magny-cour in cinbench11.5.

review roundup incase anyones bored and wants to read em..

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/12/07/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1100t-review/1
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenom2_x6_1100t/
http://www.guru3d.com/article/phenom-ii-x6-1100t-be-review/

Last edited:
Holy shit, that's reaching the physical limit of clock speeds. Damn that's a fast CPU.

It's not a black edition?

Those are some nice speeds.

yeah its a black edition. so is the phenom II x2 565 that came out at the same time.

Geez, are those guys trying to kill that poor Thuban? Look at the max temperatures their test 1100T reached, as those are temps I wouldn't even let my Intel processors come near.

I'm a big bummed at the low clockspeed though, as I was sure that AMD was going to release a Thuban at 3.4ghz this time. 3.3ghz isn't much to write home about compared to the 1090T's speed of 3.2ghz.

Geez, are those guys trying to kill that poor Thuban? Look at the max temperatures their test 1100T reached, as those are temps I wouldn't even let my Intel processors come near.

I'm a big bummed at the low clockspeed though, as I was sure that AMD was going to release a Thuban at 3.4ghz this time. 3.3ghz isn't much to write home about compared to the 1090T's speed of 3.2ghz.

43*C? :confused:

most of them were custom water cooling. there are 2 benchmarks on there with LN2(on XS link is in the first link on the OP). the x2 565 got to 6.3ghz and the x6 1100T reached 6.2ghz on LN2. but the 1100T was a quickie benchmark due to the limited about of LN2 the guy had. so im sure it could go even higher. the aircooled benchmarks were between 4.1 and 4.3ghz @ 1.52-1.59v. the voltages varied between processor and hardware. some hit 4.3ghz at 1.52v some hit it at 1.59v. technically above the maximum safe voltage recommended by AMD but so far no ones ever reported a 45nm AMD processor dying above 1.55v.

all the tests in the reviews done that i linked were done on air cooling from what i can tell.

That's a lot of bang for a list price or $235.00...

Me too. Mine's stuck in an HTPC though and has to share a 430W PSU with a GTX460....:(

Makes me want to take my 1055T higher.....

It is always better to have a chip folding than a chip that is dead :)

Besides, there is a point of diminishing returns as you will end up spending more juice than it is worth.

Besides, there is a point of diminishing returns as you will end up spending more juice than it is worth.

Yes, that is where the process improvements come into play in pushing this 'efficiency point' higher up the frequency range.

It is always better to have a chip folding than a chip that is dead :)

nevaaaaaa more juice damnit..

either way @ 4.3ghz it still uses less power then an i7 950 @ 4.3ghz. sure it doesnt get the same PPD but thats F@H's fault not AMD's. :D

nevaaaaaa more juice damnit..

either way @ 4.3ghz it still uses less power then an i7 950 @ 4.3ghz. sure it doesnt get the same PPD but thats F@H's fault not AMD's. :D

Oh agree, as those Bloomfields are absolute fire breathing pigs when you start getting into the crazy overclocking range. While my 930 in folding1 is relatively an overclocking dud, it will hit 3.67ghz before it starts requiring some really significant increases in voltage at which point it appears to hit the final wall at 3.8ghz. Based on my vcore/frequency curve, I run folding1 at 3.46ghz because I want to balance power consumption with points production. It just doesn't make much sense to run a chip ragged at a point on the curve where efficiency is severely dropping off.

I used this same philosophy with folding2's Gulftown as it is running a 3.6ghz since it will not go any higher on stock voltage. It easily hits 4.1ghz, but temps were a little higher than I was comfortable in the summer. With it being winter, both folding rigs are running in the low to mid 50's now.

meh theres a diminishing return on everything. i mean heck i could cut my power usage in half if i went back to stock clock and i'd only lose about 600 PPD which in the grand scheme of things isnt a big loss but that isnt fun so thats never happening :D rather pay the extra 30 cents a month to get every ounce of performance from what i have then not to. but thats just me and the fact that i enjoy overclocking.

meh theres a diminishing return on everything. i mean heck i could cut my power usage in half if i went back to stock clock and i'd only lose about 600 PPD which in the grand scheme of things isnt a big loss but that isnt fun so thats never happening :D rather pay the extra 30 cents a month to get every ounce of performance from what i have then not to. but thats just me and the fact that i enjoy overclocking.

Yeah, it definately depends on the attitude one takes on overclocking. To some, it is a really hardcore hobby. I am a very casual overclocker as I overclock to get some additional benefit from my investment. I could be running my Bloomfield at 3.67ghz and my Gulftown at 4.1+ghz, but just don't really care too much for it. It also is because I have a very risk adverse personality that often sides way too far on the safe side of things. Hell, I don't even like it when my processors run hotter than the upper 60's/lower 70's.

/me shakes his head and just walks away..

lol i was running my phenom II x4 940 @ 73C all summer :D only 11 degree's above what AMD recommended but since my board doesnt support the downclock/shut off temp safety measures it never made a difference.

now that it's winter time, my overclocking has taken a decidedly more aggressive approach.

now that it's winter time, my overclocking has taken a decidedly more aggressive approach.

I can't wait to set up watercooling in the next couple months. One of the beauties of it is the higher the temperature, the larger the delta and the more heat it will dissipate. Currently my main rig is pretty noisy while folding.

Back