The "My Wii is a Doorstop" club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave it to my in-laws after two years of little use.

I showed my brother in law how to set up cheats for online trolling in Call of Duty, though. I'm sure he really pisses people off now.

My family had one for awhile, for the first week after purchase we mainly played Wii sports, mario kart, and punch out.. after that it just started collecting dust for over a year.. we finally sold it... Use the hell out of my Xbox 360 and PS3.. PS3 is more of my bluray device, but I'm playing Killzone 3 on it right now, and my 360 is where I mostly game with my friends IRL.. since most of them don't know how to build a gaming PC these days.. :D

I just got a PS3 this past Christmas, and while it is definitely superior graphically, I still enjoy my Wii for the fun gameplay, the music and the overall nostalgia factor.

I see a lot of people saying their Wii is collecting dust and they have a huge library of games that they don't like, don't play and don't care about. That's fine, but why? Why are you still hanging onto something that is just taking up space?

I have a whole list of games that I've been wanting. Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Kirby, A Boy and His Blob, Goldeneye, etc...I would LOVE to play them. So for anybody who doesn't care about their games anymore, I will gladly relieve you of the burden and put them to good use myself. Seriously, let me know.

A guy I work with got home one day and actually found that his wife was propping open a door with the Wii. This doesn't have to be a figurative doorstop.

Eh my Wii get's a ton of use but mostly because my brother enjoys playing games on it.

I do play a lot of Wii games as well but most of the time I'm playing it with friends.

Honestly their is no question of me getting rid of the Wii console right now though.

I sold mine and bought the PS3 Move.
Overall, not a great "move", but Killzone 3 is awesome.

Just got mine out of the closet again. Getting ready to set it up for Netflix for my 2yr old. Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go is like sweet mana from heaven when daddy is wore out after a long day of work.

I hardly ever use mine, mainly use the Wii U. Even less of a reason to use the original Wii nowadays.

Don't bump old posts without a good reason, particularly from 11 years ago. If you want to discuss it start a new thread. -Oldie

Last edited by a moderator:
1666660051839.png

not even close to the top ten either...

Well the Gamecube definitely aged better than the Wii I think in the eyes of Retro gamers. I would lump the Wii U in with the Wii as well as generally lacking appeal for much the same reasons.

I just never cared for the WiiMote and motion control concept, in general. The Wii had some great games but the motion control gimmick is now this annoying obstacle that just makes the gameplay more work to get into. It was the same with the Wii U gamepad, it just unnecessarily complicated games because Nintendo was convinced that every game that came out for the platform needed to somehow justify the gimmick that the console was designed around. Often times, using the Wii-Mote or Gamepad gimmicks were a non-optional part of the gameplay. Honestly, the best Wii games are games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn that just let you use the Gamecube controller and plays like a regular Gamecube game. The Gamecube may have not sold well but it was a great console that just tried to be a good traditional game console and nothing else. The Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, the SNES and even the NES all fall into this category as well.

Well the Gamecube definitely aged better than the Wii I think in the eyes of Retro gamers. I would lump the Wii U in with the Wii as well as generally lacking appeal for much the same reasons.

I just never cared for the WiiMote and motion control concept, in general. The Wii had some great games but the motion control gimmick is now this annoying obstacle that just makes the gameplay more work to get into. It was the same with the Wii U gamepad, it just unnecessarily complicated games because Nintendo was convinced that every game that came out for the platform needed to somehow justify the gimmick that the console was designed around. Often times, using the Wii-Mote or Gamepad gimmicks were a non-optional part of the gameplay. Honestly, the best Wii games are games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn that just let you use the Gamecube controller and plays like a regular Gamecube game. The Gamecube may have not sold well but it was a great console that just tried to be a good traditional game console and nothing else. The Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, the SNES and even the NES all fall into this category as well.
The Wii versions of Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime Trilogy are a couple of the best games out there. I still despise the Wii for turning Link in to a righty, though.

The Wii was when Nintendo started dying for me. I really have no interest in any Nintendo games at this point. The GC was pretty lack luster also. I really only have played 3rd party games on the switch. Mario Odyssey was alright. BotW still stands as the one of the worst Zelda with Wind Wanker.

The Wii, WiiU, and now the Switch have all gathered dust at my house. I only care about a handful of Nintendo-only franchises and each one typically only gets one title per console generation, too. Even if it'll supposedly "never happen," I'll forever wish Nintendo games didn't require me to buy their janky underpowered consoles.

Im sitting on 2 softmodded Wiis that I cant even sell via marketplace. Our switch sees daily use from our 5yr, the occasional binge gaming from me and my wife and I play a ton of the Mario Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back