The Long Wait for The Man In The High Castle Season 3 is Coming to an End

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
I know many of you are big fans of The Man In The High Castle and have been waiting a long time for season 3 to start. The long wait is almost over and it comes to us on October the 5th! To get us all ready for what is going to be an awesome season Amazon has released the official trailer. Watch it and drool!

Watch the video here.

love this series... just dont like that people on reddit etc think its "ok to call people japs etc" because of the show... they are not in ww2 and did not fight in japan like their forefathers so grow up ! lol

that being said fuck the nazis on both sides

This show is the ultimate example of taking a story that was short, but really well done....and turning it into like 45 hours of god-awful television that just disappoints. Season 2 retells Season 1 cuz where they taking this story until they reveal the mystery behind "The films"......without that? Bunch of dirty American 20 somethings going from A to B, back to A, back to B....back to A again...then to C, then back to A....oh my god, don't get caught! Boyish nazi turncoats, a clueless American reactioary female pretending to be a strong female lead....this show sucks. The inspiration it steals from does not.

EDIT: Having said that, the Nazi and Japanese actors are delivering great performances with the material they are handed, my issue is the entire premise of the show for 2 seasons has been chasing a MacGuffin that doesn't hold any weight......films are dangerous. Um...not really. People see them and go "Wow".

Meanwhile I get to enjoy 15 hours of watching that lead American female brush her hair out of her eyes and look concerned......and that dude in the glasses get his ass kicked for the 30th time and cry.

Last edited:
This show is the ultimate example of taking a story that was short, but really well done....and turning it into like 45 hours of god-awful television that just disappoints. Season 2 retells Season 1 cuz where they taking this story until they reveal the mystery behind "The films"......without that? Bunch of dirty American 20 somethings going from A to B, back to A, back to B....back to A again...then to C, then back to A....oh my god, don't get caught! Boyish nazi turncoats, a clueless American reactioary female pretending to be a strong female lead....this show sucks. The inspiration it steals from does not.
In comparison to the book I agree.

But as a show, compared to everything else it does well. It's good show.
Retconed history stories are better in short form.

I loved the first season but 2nd season didn't grab me. I don't believe I even made it through half of season 2. I should give it another shot.

In comparison to the book I agree.

But as a show, compared to everything else it does well. It's good show.
Retconed history stories are better in short form.

I want to be on your side, truly do, but this show is 30 hours of watching paint dry.

I loved the first season but 2nd season didn't grab me. I don't believe I even made it through half of season 2. I should give it another shot.
Season 2 wasn’t great. Repetitive.

That said they took long enough for season 3 It’s either gonna rock or just fucking tank.

yeah.. same. first season was slow to me as well. but it did get interesting. season 2.. dont even remember where we stopped watching

Have to say I wasn't expecting it to go inter-dimensional. Until the trailer came up I thought it was going to be a gigantic extended film troll where at the end they all woke up and realized it was a dream.

Its been too long since I've read the story in print, which was hard to follow the first time I read it, but it's worthy of a read if you haven't......if they moved the story along and changed some of the casting I'd have been a happier man, sounds like nobody dug season 2 so maybe now it turns around in Season 3. Like someone else mentioned, I can't even remember where I trailed off on S2.....think that actor from Torchwood and TurnCoats(?) was playing some absurd Texas Bounty Hunter and the shark jumped for me....

The Expanse is just as good.

Expanse was truly a masterpiece. I didn't feel that good about a sci-fi show since batterstar galactica. I just can't believe Sci-fi just let it slip off their hands. I am sure season 4 will be just as good. Amazon is just funding it, they are not changing anything. Pretty much same people coming along. I can't wait though, hopefully its not a long wait.

Back