The Last of Us Part I

Bottom Line: it's pretty much what everyone was saying when this was first announced- if you've never played the game before than it's worth a buy...if you already played it on PS4 then skip or wait for a sale
Yup.. think they could have gained some favor by giving a discount to those who have digital copies of original game and/or remaster like I have. Well I actually have both physical and digital copies of both games. I think that's where the main beef comes from; people who already own the previous versions and existing fans of the game. Because I could totally justify $70 for the game if I had somehow never played it before and that's the general consensus among the reviews and critics commenting on this.

It's also annoying that ND has been dragging ass on the Factions multiplayer game while also remaining super quiet about it. It was supposed to be in Part 2, then was told it would launch soon after Part 2, then they just kept kicking the can down the road indefinitely. I fear whatever scope creep it seems to be experiencing is going to be more to its detriment than to its favor. I also really hope they're not hopping on the battle royal train.

Last edited:
Yup.. think they could have gained some favor by giving a discount to those who have digital copies of original game and/or remaster like I have. Well I actually have both physical and digital copies of both games. I think that's where the main beef comes from; people who already own the previous versions and existing fans of the game. Because I could totally justify $70 for the game if I had somehow never played it before and that's the general consensus among the reviews and critics commenting on this.

It's also annoying that ND has been dragging ass on the Factions multiplayer game while also remaining super quiet about it. It was supposed to be in Part 2, then was told it would launch soon after Part 2, then they just kept kicking the can down the road indefinitely. I fear whatever scope creep it seems to be experiencing is going to be more to its detriment than to its favor. I also really hope they're not hopping on the battle royal train.
Naughty Dog is clearly looking for a cash grab with this remaster. They haven't released anything new since TLOU Part 2 back in June 2020.

Dammit!

Now I'm wondering if we may one day awaken to news that videogame development is a business.
No way, all game devs are like totally artists who work for free soy lattes from Starbucks, man...

Naughty Dog is clearly looking for a cash grab with this remaster. They haven't released anything new since TLOU Part 2 back in June 2020.

what are they working on for their next game?...I haven't heard anything about their next new project

I'm pretty sure the Last of Us 2 multiplayer mode is cancelled, replaced with the stand alone multiplayer game they announced a few months ago.

The graphics and assets are completely rebuilt from the grounds up, so it is certainly more than a cash grab, the question is whether it is warranted to do a complete remake of a 9 year old game. The resources that went into this could and should've been used on a new IP in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure the Last of Us 2 multiplayer mode is cancelled, replaced with the stand alone multiplayer game they announced a few months ago.
Yes, that's what I was inferring. They've changed the scope of the multiplayer significantly since TLOU 2.

So did anyone here actually buy the game? Lol

I'm sure they won't release sales numbers for a while, but I'm guessing this game won't sell great initially (but I'm sure it'll still profit plenty), but will have a nice slow burn as the debut of the show draws closer and after it airs and brings in more of an audience, and also dropping on price along the way.

I also think John's idea in the DF video above of them porting Part 2 to PS5 with minimal graphical updates and Part 1's performance modes, then bundling them together would be a good idea for them. If they had done that from the start for $70, that would have been a decent value at least.

So did anyone here actually buy the game? Lol

I'm sure they won't release sales numbers for a while, but I'm guessing this game won't sell great initially (but I'm sure it'll still profit plenty), but will have a nice slow burn as the debut of the show draws closer and after it airs and brings in more of an audience, and also dropping on price along the way.

I also think John's idea in the DF video above of them porting Part 2 to PS5 with minimal graphical updates and Part 1's performance modes, then bundling them together would be a good idea for them. If they had done that from the start for $70, that would have been a decent value at least.
I did and I’m really enjoying it. I should qualify though - I have only played through the game once (Remaster on PS5) and have been itching to play again. It really left an impression on me, it immediately became one of my all-time favorites. The visual upgrade of Part I is well worth $70 to me.

This game is a freaking masterpiece. It has nothing to do with the visual upgrades of Part I and everything to do with the original game. For anyone who hasn’t played it yet, it doesn’t matter how you play just find a way to play it. What an experience.

Back