The highly rated HP Pavilion Slimline PC thread

Hi Guys,

I've decided to upgrade my PC one last time on my slimline. I've added an Intel 520 180gb SSD along with a Pioneer 208dbk bluray writer using an IDE port converter to Sata.

The SSD has been attached to a small sheet of metal mesh using velcro to attach on the underside of the original hard drive casing, which fits like a glove! The IDE converter will be stuck to the side of the CPU fan that will connect using a gender connector to the original IDE cable for my bluray.

It's as far as i can go with everything being encased internally and with all connections being used :)

I will try and upload photos of it but i don't see this thread being as popular now with new slimlines being released all the time.

It's been the best PC i've ever owned and I do hope that i get a few more years before i decide to take the plunge on another system :)

If only the bios could be changed to accommodate better RAM and CPU upgrades :(

If anyone has any ideas on what else could be updated, please let me know :)

Thanks for the help over the years guys

Cheers

Cammy

hi guys,

i have a question regarding the setup of this converter i bought from fleabay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5-IDE-to-SATA-SATA-to-IDE-ATA100-133-HDD-Converter-Adapter-Cables/292073457397?_trksid=p5411.c100167.m2940&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140131123730&meid=cf18da2fa5854be994cd728645bfbfcc&pid=100167&rk=1&rkt=15&sd=222156000720

on my motherboard i can use the converter and works fine if i plug it straight into the ide connector but due to the space limitation i have to move it as the dvd drive will not fit in place as it sticks out too much. i tried to use the original ide ribbon cable with a 40 pin gender (male to male) connector for extension but the pins seem to be reversed when i use the ide ribbon meaning i cant use the converter. is there a different cable that utilises the reverse setup as when i look at the converter when its connected to the ribbon/gender connector it doesnt work as one of the pins is not being use due to reversal. i hope this makes sense as im trying to finalise my setup.

you will see on the converter image from link above that one of the pins is missing on it and this is where one of the live connectors on the ide cable that is hitting the blank part. if it was reversed around it would be fine.

is there an ide cable that would duplicate the motherboards connection setup??? its very confusing :/

thanks

cameron

eBay has male to female ide cable extenders as short as 2 inches. Do you think one of those might work? By the way I tried an ide/pata to sata adapter once. Seems they were limited to ide/pata speeds

hello slimliners. some info on my latest slimline builds using cheap 2017 gpu's and cheap cpu's:

S3614UK Irvine Model 180 factorywattage
Intel Dual Core E8600 and Quad Q9400s works great Bios 5.23 (not tried the Q9505s as its still expensive but i think it would work).
Geforce GT710 2Gb LP works great (you need to swap round sata cable for dvd due to heatsink size but it all fits)
Max OS I think on factory wattage: Windows 10 Creator 64bit

S3215UK Acacia Model 160 factorywattage
AMD x2 5600+ and x4 9350e works great Bios 5.18
HD Radeon 5450 1Gb LP works great
Max OS I think on factory wattage: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

CPU performance wise its splitting hairs on the dual vs quad cores both Intel and AMD at 65 watts. I think price/availability is more of a concern.

All CPU's 65watt max

Power supplies been happy with GPU running at 100% on both Machines. Both GPU cards have passive heat sinks.

Both machines have identical 4Gb 800Mhz high quality brand RAM. Cheap AMD only RAM on Acacia does not work.

The Irvine is the stronger of the two platforms in this config as you can get away with a better GPU even at 180w. It is an acceptable steam game machine with no lagging. The Acacia is a very capable win7 PC /HTP but less capable at low level gaming. I would not push the 160w power supply beyond a Win7 level GPU as I started to get issues. Love these little guys, well thought out classic design.

Last edited:
Dating back to March of last year when I last futzed with my Slimline, I spent some quality time with it, with a 'fix it or toss it' approach to things. I found that one of the RAM slots is causing my problems, and when that slot is not filled it works fine. I pulled the x2 3800+ and put an x2 5400+ in its place. Also put in a Powercolor 5450 to improve graphics performance. Its just nice to have the damn thing working after many hours of working on it over the past year and a half. Other than its noisy CPU fan, it is a nice little box that I need to find a use for. I'd like to pass it to my son to use to play Skyrim, but he prefers his tablet and portability for gaming at this point.

Asrock continues to offer new 2-slot mDTX / mATX motherboards that
fit the HP s3000 and s5000 Slimline chassis.
Motherboard Size: 7.5-in x 7.4-in, 191 mm x 188 mm

- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2: x16 mode)*
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks

ASRock > H110M-HDS
Same connectors are H110M-DGS model, BUT adds an HDMI port on the Rear Panel.

Video Ports
1 x DVI-D Port
1 x HDMI
==
ASRock > H110M-DGS

REAR PANEL CONNECTORS
Keyboard/Mouse
1 x PS/2 Mouse Port
1 x PS/2 Keyboard Port

Video Ports
1 x DVI-D Port

Ethernet/RJ45
1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)

USB 3.0
2 x USB 3.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))

USB 1.1/2.0
4 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
ACPI wake-up function is supported on USB23 ports only.

Audio Ports
HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone

INTERNAL CONNECTORS (Headers)
Universal Serial Bus (USB)
1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))

Other Connectors
1 x TPM Header
1 x Chassis Intrusion and Speaker Header
1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
1 x Chassis Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
1 x 24-pin ATX Power Connector
1 x 8-pin 12V Power Connector
1 x Front Panel Audio Connector

I bought the H110M-HDS card to pimp my s3 series but realised that the pci-e slots (x16 and x1) although identical are in reversed positions from the HP model motherboards which makes it difficult to fit a decent performance GPU card internally. One to note if you want to add Gaming GPU. Its unfortunate otherwise it would be a direct replacement for s3 series motherboards as it fits like a glove in the case.

I re-used the H110M parts for another m-atx project- kolink k6t box with a 300watt seasonic 1u gold power supply and a GTX1050 LP and its a brilliant m-atx motherboard albeit with limited pci slots and the wrong way round for hp slimline s3 series. It would have been a monster slimline no box modification execution but for those darn PCi slots!

Last edited:
Ok guys. I have my own absolute beast of a gaming PC, which my father in law uses for his gaming via steam streaming to his old laptop.

He also has a HP Pavilion slimline 3624uk with AMD cpu. I want to get it to a level where he can use that as his gaming machine, his gaming is not heavy or cutting edge, basically it needs to be better than his laptop.

so far i have bought:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2x 2,9 GHz (correct wattage)
Power: Sparkle SPI270LE 270 watt
RAM: GB 2x2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 6400U DDR2-800 MHZ MEMORY
Cables:

- 20 to small 24 pin HP Slimline ATX Converter Adapter
- 4-Pin IDE Molex Male to 15-Pin SATA Female
- 4 pin molex to 6 pin pci-e PCI Express 6 Pin

Can this machine run windows 10 64bit? is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the best?
Can this machine run an SSD?

which is the absolute best graphics card?

Ok guys. I have my own absolute beast of a gaming PC, which my father in law uses for his gaming via steam streaming to his old laptop.

He also has a HP Pavilion slimline 3624uk with AMD cpu. I want to get it to a level where he can use that as his gaming machine, his gaming is not heavy or cutting edge, basically it needs to be better than his laptop.

so far i have bought:

Cables:

- 20 to small 24 pin HP Slimline ATX Converter Adapter
- 4-Pin IDE Molex Male to 15-Pin SATA Female
- 4 pin molex to 6 pin pci-e PCI Express 6 Pin

Can this machine run windows 10 64bit? is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the best?
Can this machine run an SSD?

which is the absolute best graphics card?
Yes you can run a SSD.

Ok i have installed everything i listed above.

all i need now is to get a 64bit version of windows, i have a SSD for this to go onto.

How do i install a 64bit version of windows? do i just Buy a windows 10 64bit disk and it will auto-detect this and run?

OK the computer is built!

HP Pavilion slimline 3624uk:

Hard-drive: 120GB SSD
GPU: Gigabyte 750ti - low profile

It's very very speedy! on general usage it feels as fast as my £2,000 gaming rig (which is currently mining bitcoins). It certainly is capable of running the games he wants to play.

Very happy with the build, windows 7 went on with no issues at all. i will run a benchmark score to see what it gets. Will post up soon.

But for a computer from 2009 it packs a punch. And its my first attempt at seeing what happens when you throw the best components you can at a potato PC, and it was a bit of a challenge as its a small form factor.

https://valid.x86.fr/bzudd2

after a long time i finally managed
to mod the bios of this motherboard.
change that allowed me to overcome the barrier of 293.5mhz of fsb.

I think I'm the only one in the world who wastes time with this old hardware
biggrin.gif

Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
07/25/2007-LakePort-LOCKTITE-00
5.07 07/25/2007
LOCKTITE-GL8E
IPILP-AR ASUS

z7t7hqqXHlJouxuH_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.jpg

Asus PRIME H310M-A motherboard, 3-slot.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-H310M-A/

Requires ATX Power Supply Bracket for usage in NCASE M1 ( 226 mm x 173 mm )

Form Factor: ~ FlexATX at 8.9 inch x 7.3 inch ( 226 mm x 185 mm )

Internal I/O Ports (headers):

1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & x2 PCIE mode)
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x System panel connector
1 x Speaker connector

Hi Guys,

I just thought i would pop in and tell you that i'm still running my HP Slimline 7720. I recently bought a Nvidia Quadro K600 graphics card so that i could connect my PC to iMac using the display port connection in order to utilise both systems with one screen :) not to sure what to do with my old Nvidia 9600gt graphics card :/ maybe keep it as a back up!

Does anyone know which quad processor will work on my model of PC would love to add one final mod to my PC before it ever gets replaced.

Has anyone updated to windows 10 on this spec of PC or should i stick with windows 7 ultimate? Will windows 10 be too demanding on an old PC like this? I'm trying to get the most & best out of this PC before it dies and goes to heaven lol

Over 10 years i've had with this bad boy, so a few more years would be good with the current iMac setup.

Good to see this thread is still going :D

cheers

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I just thought i would pop in and tell you that i'm still running my HP Slimline 7720. I recently bought a Nvidia Quadro K600 graphics card so that i could connect my PC to iMac using the display port connection in order to utilise both systems with one screen :) not to sure what to do with my old Nvidia 9600gt graphics card :/ maybe keep it as a back up!

Has anyone updated to windows 10 on this spec of PC or should i stick with windows 7 ultimate? Will windows 10 be too demanding on an old PC like this? I'm trying to get the most & best out of this PC before it dies and goes to heaven lol

Over 10 years i've had with this bad boy, so a few more years would be good with the current iMac setup.

cheers
Windows 10 works fine with older hardware.

Have at it.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know which quad processor will work on my model of PC would love to add one final mod to my PC before it ever gets replaced.

cheers
if its the amd one, no quads sinces its only 35w:

Socket type: AM2
TDP: 35 watt
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
re win10 on it, should work fine. ive put it on systems as old as a core2duo 2.4/4gb/60gb hdd/945g chipset

if its the amd one, no quads sinces its only 35w:

Socket type: AM2
TDP: 35 watt
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
re win10 on it, should work fine. ive put it on systems as old as a core2duo 2.4/4gb/60gb hdd/945g chipset

Hi, I've already seen the HP support but i think in general we usually ignore certain facts from HP as we have and went beyond their recommendations to what is acceptable.

I'm using a 5050e currently shown as UNKNOWN in bios and device info. However, could i use a faster processor than my current one as i have a 300w psu installed, for example a phenom 9450e? or a faster athlon x2 with a higher TDP would this work? or should i stick with what i've got?

Can a modded bios be used on my type of motherboard?

What is your experience with win10 over win7 is there any performance issues, lag or any conflicts with hardware etc... before i decide to upgrade!

cheers

Last edited:
Hi, I've already seen the HP support but i think in general we usually ignore certain facts from HP as we have and went beyond their recommendations to what is acceptable.

I'm using a 5050e currently shown as UNKNOWN in bios and device info. However, could i use a faster processor than my current one as i have a 300w psu installed, for example a phenom 9450e? or a faster athlon x2 with a higher TDP would this work? or should i stick with what i've got?

Can a modded bios be used on my type of motherboard?

What is your experience with win10 over win7 is there any performance issues, lag or any conflicts with hardware etc... before i decide to upgrade!

cheers
you'd have to try and find a modded bios but I think the most you MIGHT be able to get working would be one of the 45w chips. the board really isn't built for anything higher. just accept that. I had to with an older dell from that era. should have been able to use a q6600 but it just wouldn't work. even a modded bios isn't gonna change wattage limits to much.

windows 10 felt better than 7 on the dell system I mentioned.

Well, what a nightmare this upgrade from windows 7 has been. After reformatting HD and doing a clean install with all the updates, i've now somehow got a boot error. after running bootrec commands it showed the installation as '0' but having rectified this problem without having to reinstall win10 again i can boot into win10 but still have the 'remove media press any key to continue' prompt. It still boots in but after several minutes of faffing about on the desktop or anything else, the computer crashes for no reason.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I'm thinking i should've stuck with win 7 than doing the upgrade.......and no i didnt do a backup or system image so that rules that out.

wasted a full day on this carp!

cheers

bios up to date? is all the hardware known to be good? did you disconnect any other drives during install? do you know what you are doing? ;)

I had an am2 Era hp though not a slimline, and in order to install windows 10 I had to load the sata driver during install, otherwise it would install but not boot. Worth a shot.

Thanks guys,

My bios is 5.04 and i'm sure this is the latest from 10 years ago lol, please correct me if i'm wrong!

After some head scratching it just got worse from there with the 'press any key to boot from cd or dvd' so none of my drives were showing up on bios. After a quick strip down, i tested the connections & sata cables with others i had spare and viola all good.

Strange how a sata cable can be faulty all of a sudden :/ little confused as to why the cable would just pack in around the same time as an upgrade or something else lies sinister within this little beasty....time will tell i suppose!

cheers

Ok I joined this site to literally get a definitive answer on the following question: What form factor mobo is in the s7510n? I’m looking to do a complete custom build utilizing the case only (possibly the DVD/RW, depending on PSU requirements of other hardware).

Edit - I found on HPs site that the dimensions for the stock mobo is 6.69” x 6.69” which is consistent with the mini ITX form factor (which is 6.7” x 6.7”). This will be an interesting build... So far, my only hurdle is the PSU, best I can find is an FSP(?) branded unit @ 500w. More posts to come!

Last edited:
Ok I joined this site to literally get a definitive answer on the following question: What form factor mobo is in the s7510n? I’m looking to do a complete custom build utilizing the case only (possibly the DVD/RW, depending on PSU requirements of other hardware).

Edit - I found on HPs site that the dimensions for the stock mobo is 6.69” x 6.69” which is consistent with the mini ITX form factor (which is 6.7” x 6.7”). This will be an interesting build... So far, my only hurdle is the PSU, best I can find is an FSP(?) branded unit @ 500w. More posts to come!
Fsp is a decent brand. I wouldn't worry about using Fsp.

Fsp is a decent brand. I wouldn't worry about using Fsp.
Good deal, the mobo I plan on using has a pretty decent integrated grafx chip, that being said the FSP unit doesn’t have a PCIe connector, which would have been a deal breaker...

I got bored today and decided to play around with the tower and got it booted, to xp... Talk about nostalgia... couldn’t boot from dvd drive, I believe the laser is dead. Opened her up to find the optical runs on an IDE and no way to hook in a SATA optical that I had laying around. So I did what any other DIYer would do... found an old PSU and cut the SATA power cable off of it and spliced them into the existing SATA power cable, connected secondary cable for data and boom, dual SATA setup... All that just load Win7 onto the slimline. So as it sits right now the specs are: Win7 Home Premium, 1 GB ram, and 1 TB HDD. I don’t know why but I just really like the case of this slimline so my build is gonna end up being a “sleeper” PC... Here’s what I’ve got on order: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming - ITX/ac , Ryzen 5 2600, Patriot Viper 4 3200mHz 16gGB x 2, FSP 500w PSU, Crucial 1TB m.2 SSD. Will be using my extra optical drive and that 1 TB HDD along with putting some new holes in the casing for ventilation and a small fan. That’s my plan so far.

Winger.....I have to say this is quite a unique upgrade that has me smiling and envious of your painting skills ;) good to see that there is life in this old PC yet! Once my setup starts to show slowdowns or compatibility issues then this is the path i shall take :)

Look forward to seeing the final build on this :)

Cameron

As I have the mobo installed and just got the new PSU installed though the wiring is considerably longer than the original PSUs wiring was. When I get a moment I'll post a pic of the mess and maybe get some input on cable management, LoL. It'll be a slow process on this build as the wife doesn't approve of the costs. On a side note - This PC was given to me by a coworker who was going to scrap it, I asked him for the case and he just gave me the whole thing. In the end, I gave him back all the internals and kept the case. I wanted a challenge, I believe I found one... I know a Mini Gaming PC isn't an original idea, but I wanted to see if I could cram it all inside this little slimline.

Here’s the wiring mess, any suggestions/advice on cable management?

Attachments

• 3142B47F-4BC1-4CA9-9B2D-73DF15B6EBD4.jpeg
    3142B47F-4BC1-4CA9-9B2D-73DF15B6EBD4.jpeg
    676.1 KB · Views: 0
On a side note, got the cpu in. Also installed the cpu cooler and now I’m thinking of a solution for the old fan tray that used to be in here. Side profile picture provided to show overall height of installed components.C79E4166-11BE-44B4-BF03-01C26F5531F8.jpegB98DAADE-2AFE-44AE-92DE-8519B0F6DD1F.jpeg51A3D9A6-60EE-4229-ABB9-D737F8490F4A.jpeg

Reactions: Chry
like this
I am having difficulty upgrading the video card to my HP S5120y: https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ries/3942804/model/3970033/document/c01738809 . Windows 7 (upgraded from Vista) does not show the new graphics card (low profile AMD HD 8490) under Display Adapters in Device Manager. The graphics card fan is spinning and spins up rapidly upon first booting up the computer.

I have went into the BIOS and selected PCI-Ex16 as the the video card. Unfortunately, no matter which cable (DVI, VGA w/ DVI adapter) I use, the new graphics card is not detected. I can plug a VGA cable into the integrated video output and it works all the time. Does anyone have any ideas on getting my PC to use the dedicated graphics card?

I am having difficulty upgrading the video card to my HP S5120y: https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ries/3942804/model/3970033/document/c01738809 . Windows 7 (upgraded from Vista) does not show the new graphics card (low profile AMD HD 8490) under Display Adapters in Device Manager. The graphics card fan is spinning and spins up rapidly upon first booting up the computer.

I have went into the BIOS and selected PCI-Ex16 as the the video card. Unfortunately, no matter which cable (DVI, VGA w/ DVI adapter) I use, the new graphics card is not detected. I can plug a VGA cable into the integrated video output and it works all the time. Does anyone have any ideas on getting my PC to use the dedicated graphics card?
if possible, try out your card on another PC to see if the card is fully working. failing that im not sure :/ maybe use old card and see if there are any driver conflicts.

My system is older than yours and im using windows 10 with no problems. maybe upgrading OS might help!

hope you get it working :)

if possible, try out your card on another PC to see if the card is fully working. failing that im not sure :/ maybe use old card and see if there are any driver conflicts.

My system is older than yours and im using windows 10 with no problems. maybe upgrading OS might help!

hope you get it working :)
I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but the old integrated graphics NForce 430, Nvidia 6150SE claims to be incompatible. To make matters worse, I can't upgrade the BIOS now because it is expecting Windows Vista. While I can't confirm if the card is defective, I tried a working GeForce 9600 GSO (Jerry-rigging it to fit inside the case) and it still doesn't detect the dedicated graphics card in Control Panel Device Manager.

It turns out I might already have the newest version of the BIOS. Although HP's website shows the newest version as 5.49 https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...s5000-Desktop-PC-series/3942804/model/3970033 , this site shows the bios revision of 5.49 and BIOS id of 5.38: https://www.wimsbios.com/biosupdates/hp/PavilionS5120Y and my PC shows version 5.38. Furthermore, the BIOS setting appears to only affect the video adapter priority, not disabling it entirely. This is why putting the setting to PCI or PCIEx1 had no effect.

I think it might be a power problem: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/graphics-card-not-detected.744749/ but the card is only PCI Express 2.0, not 2.1: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-hd-8490-oem.c2038 and PCI Express 2.0 should be backwards compatible even if the motherboard only supports version 1.0 or 1.1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#PCI_Express_2.0 . One thing I could try is trying an old GeForce 7900 GS, which is definitely PCI Express 1.0. However, this will definitely struggle to fit inside the case and I'm not sure if this is safe to use as a permanent solution.

Edit: HP's website says it's Revision 5.0 (Narra 5) https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ries/3942804/model/3970033/document/c01738809 and this website says this version is 2.0: http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Pegatron_Corporation/Pegatron_M2N68-LA_(Narra5)/984 , so it might be back to the drawing board.

I finally got around to testing the 7900GS, same result, no output on the display. This is a PCI Express 1.0 card, released in 2006: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-7900-gs.c184 , so I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible with the motherboard. As unlikely as it seems, maybe the PCI express 16 slot on the motherboard is defective. I can't think of any other reason why I'm unable to upgrade the graphics card on this old machine.

Last edited:
Hello
I decided upgrade my slimline to the next gen games requirements
My actual rig:
i5 2400 Quad Core
16 gb ddr3 RAM
Biostar TH61 ITX
GTX 750Ti Low Profile (The 7850 low profile from afox died after 1 year of usage :( )
I cannot say anything against my actual rig, i used since 2015 and every game i bought ,runned fine.
But ,since two or three months ago, blue screens of dead appeared sometimes, random shutdows, and the new SSD i installed on it, runs on SATA 2 interface (wasted potential)

So i choose this parts to upgrade:
Ryzen 5 1600 6 core (old but i need save money to buy other components)
Biostar X370 ITX AM4 motherboard
16gb 2666Mhz dual channel DDR4 Adata Premier
Shuttle PC60 300 watts PSU
MSI GTX 750 TI Low Profile (i keep it to wait some manufacturer reveals their Nvidia 1650 Super Low Profile or maybe AMD new low profile models with Navi RDNA)

Did someone tried the 1650 low profile his custom config? im not sure if the 300 watts be enough to run the 1650 Super, i choose the shuttle PSU because the fan is silent,very rare on this form factor PSU's
Athena Power has more powerful models but man, the noise is pitchy and disturbing, i couldnt handle the noise of this PSU and i ended sold it
I post pictures of the rig when the new hardware arrives

Last edited:
This thread was my entry into [H]. That being said, why not got for a cheap ATX case and the generally cheaper ATX parts? I still love mITX and small cases, but the cost compromises real and not quite avoidable.

EDIT: reading comprehension; you've already bought the parts. Enjoy! :)

A 1650 should be fine on 300 watts

They only pull about 80 watts max.

IF it’ll fit. ???

Hello again
I finally build my new slimline
Heres the Pictures
Os need to be reinstalled but thats simple,considering the time i need to expend to get a decent cable managment.
Another problem i found building this rig was the front panel doenst match the order of the motherboard
I need cut all the pins to install the power led/ power button/ etc
The card reader isnt plugged, because the motherboard only come with 1 usb 2.0 front panel connector
I need buy a 3.0 to usb 2.0 internal adapter converter ,probably next week

la%20foto%203.jpg

la%20foto%201.jpg

Last edited:
Back