The highly rated HP Pavilion Slimline PC thread

Cut that blower off and anything past 2 slots and install a waterblock, problem solved.
Water block to reservoir and radiator .... where? I guess you're probably talking something completely external in most situations. Maybe better to look to Thunderbolt and an external GPU at that point??

Water block to reservoir and radiator .... where? I guess you're probably talking something completely external in most situations. Maybe better to look to Thunderbolt and an external GPU at that point??
If you have a 42u rack already and it's not full why not put the reservoir, pump, and radiator in it below the rest of your [H]oard? They make air conditioned water radiator things too. I thought for many years that I'd never get a free 42u rack like I'd seen people get repeatedly here due to living in Arkansas but thanks to idiots trusting the cloud 3 miles down the street one day last year some dude advertised it for free and 10 minutes before the left to take it to the dump I showed up with 2 of my friends and a comealong and we loaded it up and carted it down into the basement. Since then I've been gleefully filling it up with things.

Last edited:
RTX 4060 low profile just released. I think it's a bit to large for this case if you still want to keep the pocket drive bay though.

Hello Slimline enthusiasts, I have just finished a major overhaul of my 2009 chassis. For those wondering, the RTX 4060 does fit with the pocket drive bay, and LGA 1700 motherboards will work with large CPU coolers and the 5.25 bay filled. Clearance is mere millimeters for everything.

Here are the specs:
  • ASRock B660m ITX/AC
  • Intel Core i3 13100f
  • Gigabyte RTX 4060 LP
  • 32Gb of DDR4 3600mhz CL18
  • 500Gb Gen4 NVMe SSD (boot)
  • 1Tb 2.5" SATA SSD (games)
  • LG Blu Ray 4k drive
  • Thermalright AXP120-67 with slim ARGB fan
  • Silverstone FX-350g with Sunon MagLev fan mod
  • Windows 11 Pro

And here is a pic: