The [H] RTX 3080 owners thread.

That was unacceptable. I had one in my cart at evga but couldn't check it out. Honestly, it's enough to get me to consider AMD.

So how much is a 2080 Ti worth for sale now? lol I might know one for sale.

After total failure online got to Microcenter around 9:25 and there had to be about 50+ people in line already. This is in GA where were currently getting pounded with wind and rain. Saw at least a few lawn chairs so guessing some may have been there overnight. Went over to BB, about 10-15 ppl decided to get in line and see and not long after someone came out and said they didn't have any.

After total failure online got to Microcenter around 9:25 and there had to be about 50+ people in line already. This is in GA where were currently getting pounded with wind and rain. Saw at least a few lawn chairs so guessing some may have been there overnight. Went over to BB, about 10-15 ppl decided to get in line and see and not long after someone came out and said they didn't have any.

No best buy stores had any. Was online only.

No best buy stores had any. Was online only.

I got a gigabyte 3080 card in my cart online and it said they wouldn't ship but it was showing stock at a bestbuy across the lake from me, they had 3 in stock there apparently, according to the website. I'm sure they are gone now as I'm at work and couldn't try to get one locally.

I am guessing there must have been at most 10,000 sold worldwide, probably 5,000. That seems to be the minimum to avoid saying it was a paper launch.

I got a gigabyte 3080 card in my cart online and it said they wouldn't ship but it was showing stock at a bestbuy across the lake from me, they had 3 in stock there apparently, according to the website. I'm sure they are gone now as I'm at work and couldn't try to get one locally.

I checked my local bestbuys with an inventory tracker before they opened. Neither store had any cards.

SOON. (This is going in a DAN Case A4)

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 0
SOON. (This is going in a DAN Case A4)

Congratulations. You are literally the ONLY person I've seen to have actually got one. I had the button to add to cart on EVGA's website, but it kept timing out. Never let me add it.

That was unacceptable. I had one in my cart at evga but couldn't check it out. Honestly, it's enough to get me to consider AMD.

It’s enough to make me for sure wait for AMD to respond regardless of 3080/3090 availability over the coming month. That was a fake launch as certain people on this forum seemed to know it would be. My 1070 will suffice, I’ll try out 1080p integer upscaling on my new CX 48.

AMD likely knew what was up and felt there was no need to match Nvidia on the timing.

Looks like at least Oct/Nov before I can get my hands on one.

Well AMD and Microsoft, now's your time to be hero's, nVidia and Sony royally fucked up, the bar has been set low lol.

Is there some secret to how to search amazon for rtx 3080? My searches all show rtx 2xxx with no mentions of 3080 anywhere.

Meanwhile BB had an MSI, EVGA and GIGABYTE cards show up for their "game" of you almost had it. My favorite is when you have it in cart and actually get to check out... Just to say its not available locally and cannot be shipped to me.

Yeah, AMD has a huge change to rip right through into the top of the GPU market.
Nvidia looks like a bunch of greedy idiots now.

This sort of display is shameful, so now it's time to give AMD a chance to show off their graphics card.

🔥🔥🔥 !!!GO AMD!!! 🔥🔥🔥 DON'T LET US DOWN!! 🔥🔥🔥

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Agree, this is ridiculous. I much preferred the last time around when they all went live with a good amount of stock at least through most of the first several hours after the broadcast. Hardware didn't ship for another month or so, but at least you could pre-order.

Trust me AMD knew this the entire time. They figured let NVidia do what must be done. Alot of the you tubers said this was going to be the case. I guess AMD Oct 28th date not looking so bad now.

Trust me AMD knew this the entire time. They figured let NVidia do what must be done. Alot of the you tubers said this was going to be the case. I guess AMD Oct 28th date not looking so bad now.

If AMD actually has cards in stock, sure. If not...maybe we'll see 3080s by then, who knows.

Not a huge fan of EK Water Blocks, but at least this is good news for the card I have coming in!

1600375809378.png

1600375760327.png

Hoping Alphacool has something in the works already as well. Would love to get my card watercooled in the next 1-2 months.

I don't think you understand how terrible today's launch was.

Oh I totally understand but in no way do I think anybody is serious when saying it was so bad they are going to buy a AMD gpu after everything we've heard and seen from Nvidia Ampere. Unless the AMD is some miracle performer in the games you want to play I doubt anybody will change their minds.

Oh I totally understand but in no way do I think anybody is serious when saying it was so bad they are going to buy a AMD gpu after everything we've heard and seen from Nvidia Ampere. Unless the AMD is some miracle performer in the games you want to play I doubt anybody will change their minds.
The thing, with most of us who were ready to buy the 3080 today and couldn't because of reasons, and with potential of bots buying the next batch of 3080's.
So instead of getting the 3080 today, I may not be able to get it for another month, and by then I may as wait to see what AMD got to offer. If it's competitive and in stock, there is a good chance I will choose AMD over NV.
NV could lose customers due to letting bots buy all the stock, but I'm sure they don't care as long as every card sells.

If AMD releases a great product and I can't get an NVIDIA card I will definitely consider it. A few years back I said I'd never have an AMD desktop but here I am today with a 3900x system.

It's not just the bots. I just saw Newegg displaying a combo deal available; MSI RTX 3080 and Corsair Vengeance available for order. Yet, MSI RTX 3080 alone is out of stock.
Screenshot 2020-09-17 153049.jpg

Screenshot 2020-09-17 152900.jpg

If it was bots, then why did Microcenter have 12 cards?
12 cards isn't a real launch. That sort of number is insane.

This must be 1.7% yields all over again.
Nvidia is in some serious trouble if they can't produce working chips.

If it was bots, then why did Microcenter have 12 cards?
12 cards isn't a real launch. That sort of number is insane.

This must be 1.7% yields all over again.
Nvidia is in some serious trouble if they can't produce working chips.

You can only make purchases in person at Microcenter. I was only a signal away from Tustin store this morning after seeing about 75 units in stock on their website. I made a right turn to head back when I saw a long-ass line of people outside of the store.

Back