The [H] RTX 3080 owners thread.

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
Just a bit over 3 hours until sales go live.

Where is everyone planning to F5 at?

I'm gonna give it a go at the EVGA store. If no joy there, going to Best Buy. I guess if neither of them have availability to purchase at 0900, that will be the end of it until next round.

Did newegg release early? They have a lot as sold out with the price listed and some listed as pre-release with no price listed.

Did newegg release early? They have a lot as sold out with the price listed and some listed as pre-release with no price listed.

I think the ones with price and sold out are the ones they'll have for sale here in a few hours. Just my thoughts

Prices got listed late last night, never shown up as 'in stock', so I think alxlwson has the right idea (the ones with prices are the ones to be listed).

I've got tabs for newegg, Best Buy, and the Nvidia site up.

I'll be trying my luck at Amazon and Newegg then Best Buy. I'm going going for either Asus or Gigabyte because I want that second HDMI port but I'm okay with an FE if that's all I can get.

I have tabs open for Best Buy, NVIDIA store, EVGA store, with Newegg app and Amazon app at the ready. I'm wondering if I should take my laptop with me today and pull it out 5 minutes till....

If the 3080 FE get sold out immediately, which base price AIB card would you gets recommend? Asus TUF, MSI Ventus, Gigabyte Gaming? I’m pretty sure there will be no Asus ROG Strix already today.

If the 3080 FE get sold out immediately, which base price AIB card would you gets recommend? Asus TUF, MSI Ventus, Gigabyte Gaming? I’m pretty sure there will be no Asus ROG Strix already today.

I would shoot for EVGA because their warranty and service are second to none. I also like calling and not getting transfered to Taiwan.

tenor.gif

Newegg has the MSI Ventus up early. In stock now, was able to add it to my cart. Decided to back out... its longer than I want. Hope I don't regret that decision.

Newegg has the MSI Ventus up early. In stock now, was able to add it to my cart. Decided to back out... its longer than I want. Hope I don't regret that decision.
People have been saying it's bugged and gets taken out of your cart during check out.

Saw about 6 models go up on newegg, tried several times to add any of them to my cart, but was never able to get to checkout. Now all gone, apparently. Nice.

Was camping F5 on Nvidia's site and Best Buy.
Nvidia went from "notify me" to "out of stock between refreshes"
BestBuy still shows "coming soon".

Kid

Was camping F5 on Nvidia's site and Best Buy.
Nvidia went from "notify me" to "out of stock between refreshes"
BestBuy still shows "coming soon".

Kid
Same for me at both sites but Best Buy went to Out of Stock immediately too.

Was trying for a FE model on Bestbuy. It sat at "coming soon" until like 9:05 or so then instantly went to out of stock. What a fail of a launch lol.

They're obviously playing a real nasty game here.
Corruption is at hand if this is how it works.

This calls into question Nvidia's ethical stance, as well as all the major retailers.
If they're playing this sort of game, then that's something to add to the reviews for this sort of device.

Vaporware garbage.
If they don't have a product, then the final review is:" 0 FPS on every game, zero features, no raytracing, dead on launch. 0/10"

Have yet to see anyone successfully place an order. Seems like all the cards went to scalpers.

Couldn't even see them actually be on sale on any site. Gonna try the Dallas Microcenter at 10am but I doubt I will have any luck

Tried refreshing Best buy. The MSI was in stock and had added to cart 5 times just to have it be removed at checkout due to no stock. Never saw it available on Amazon.

Had one in cart on Newegg and Best Buy, just to not be able to complete checkout. Dammit.

I ALMOST got a hold of MSI Gaming X.
I got a hold of Ventus 3x... oh well. About €850 or $900.

Edit:
Woot, it seems I actually managed to order the 3080.

Last edited:
It's been 25 minutes and the EU page for RTX 3080 has not been updated besides "remind me" or whatever. Pissed off.

Isnt there a real time internet traffic monitor that can show this HardMob and everyone else going at it?

Back