The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have 2 Dell Latitude 6430u laptops I'm looking to get rid of. I had a 3rd one that I recently set up for a co-worker's kid to watch online classes and it's worked well for them. I've had these listed in my FS thread for a while now, but I'm at the point now that I just want / need to get rid of them. They're both in decent condition, with wear from normal use. They both have the same specs: Intel i7 2.5GHz processor, 16GB of memory, a 128GB mSATA SSD, and a fresh / activated install of W10 Pro. I do not have power cords, but any Dell 65w power cord will work.

I'm looking to get rid of them pretty much for the cost of shipping at this point. So I'd say $25 each. I'd be using a USPS Flat Rate box, which is around $20 to ship.

I'll leave them listed here for 1-2 weeks and then will strip some parts off of them and pitch them.

1666884859593.png

1666884956438.png

I have 2 Dell Latitude 6430u laptops I'm looking to get rid of. I had a 3rd one that I recently set up for a co-worker's kid to watch online classes and it's worked well for them. I've had these listed in my FS thread for a while now, but I'm at the point now that I just want / need to get rid of them. They're both in decent condition, with wear from normal use. They both have the same specs: Intel i7 2.5GHz processor, 16GB of memory, a 128GB mSATA SSD, and a fresh / activated install of W10 Pro. I do not have power cords, but any Dell 65w power cord will work.

I'm looking to get rid of them pretty much for the cost of shipping at this point. So I'd say $25 each. I'd be using a USPS Flat Rate box, which is around $20 to ship.

I'll leave them listed here for 1-2 weeks and then will strip some parts off of them and pitch them.
I will take 1. PM coming.

View attachment 521855

View attachment 521856
Nice. $25 for a fully functioning i7/16GB/SSD laptop with an activated OS, even if it's an older machine, seems SUPER reasonable to me. And that's even before shipping costs, which you're including...so basically free.

These won't last long. Thanks for keeping them in the community!

Signing up for Pirate Ship or Shippo will save you a bunch on USPS/UPS - fyi.

Nice. $25 for a fully functioning i7/16GB/SSD laptop with an activated OS, even if it's an older machine, seems SUPER reasonable to me. And that's even before shipping costs, which you're including...so basically free.

These won't last long. Thanks for keeping them in the community!

Signing up for Pirate Ship or Shippo will save you a bunch on USPS/UPS - fyi.

That was my hope. I know they're older, but they're still usable. I wanted someone to use them. I've had them listed for a while in my FS thread and have consistently lowered the prices on them with no interest. I recently gave one away to a co-worker for their kid. Plus I have a few newer model laptops that I'll be listing in my FS thread. I just need to pair down my "stuff" a bit first. I'll look into those for shipping. Thanks.

That was my hope. I know they're older, but they're still usable. I wanted someone to use them. I've had them listed for a while in my FS thread and have consistently lowered the prices on them with no interest. I recently gave one away to a co-worker for their kid. Plus I have a few newer model laptops that I'll be listing in my FS thread. I just need to pair down my "stuff" a bit first. I'll look into those for shipping. Thanks.
I would like to get one if still available, sending PM

View attachment 521855

View attachment 521856

And they're both gone!! Happy to see them get put to use. Now I've got some work to do to get them packed up and shipped!!

128GB mSATA SSD
I know I missed out on these but if anyone has a 128GB - 256GB MSATA SSD I'll gladly pay shipping for it. So to who got one (and preceded to pull the drive for a bigger one) or anyone else that can help me with an MSATA drive Thank You in advance
I have a Dell Precision M4800 and I don't want to remove the optical drive and the 2.5" bay is used already! I want to test Windows 11 on it thus the need for 2 drives and yes I know it is not "officially" supported on 4th gen Intel systems but this system is more of a test bench then actual use
Thanks

I probably posted this months ago but I forgot, I have a sealed package of Scotch 1S2D 5.25" Floppy diskettes with a free storage case that I'd be happy to send to anyone if they provide a prepaid shipping label for the box. It's this type: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304382109467 (mine only has 10 disks and the case though.)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can get about a dozen Microsoft RT tablets. Anyone want some before I let them go to e-waste? Shoot me a pm or post here.

EDIT: I have the tablets, just need to find the chargers. Will post an update soon.
EDIT2: Found the chargers
EDIT3: all have dead batteries, needs to be plugged in to use.

Final EDIT: All sold

Last edited:

My wife got her Bachelor's Degree on a Surface RT tablet. Really, the only deficiency with them is that the UI is a little slow, and the web browser (being Internet Explorer) is useless and cannot be replaced with something better. Office 2012 (minus VBA support) is built-in. You CAN get a VLC app for it, so it can do media playback, and it IS Windows, complete with a command prompt, SMB support... the works. Shit, it even had native drivers for my HP LaserJet 4000 printer. But it is running on an ARM processor, and is locked down without the ability to install any programs that don't come directly from the Microsoft Store. Windows Updates after a factory reset are also a many-days long pain in the ass affair to get up to the latest software revision. It also has a MicroSD slot for expanded storage despite the small on-board storage.

Honestly, the Mrs. would still be using it except for the web browser thing. Wish to God they made Microsoft Chromium Edge for it.

My wife got her Bachelor's Degree on a Surface RT tablet. Really, the only deficiency with them is that the UI is a little slow, and the web browser (being Internet Explorer) is useless and cannot be replaced with something better. Office 2012 (minus VBA support) is built-in. You CAN get a VLC app for it, so it can do media playback, and it IS Windows, complete with a command prompt, SMB support... the works. Shit, it even had native drivers for my HP LaserJet 4000 printer. But it is running on an ARM processor, and is locked down without the ability to install any programs that don't come directly from the Microsoft Store. Windows Updates after a factory reset are also a many-days long pain in the ass affair to get up to the latest software revision. It also has a MicroSD slot for expanded storage despite the small on-board storage.

Honestly, the Mrs. would still be using it except for the web browser thing. Wish to God they made Microsoft Chromium Edge for it.
There's a ton of videos on youtube on how to put W10 on them.
Do they not work?

There's a ton of videos on youtube on how to put W10 on them.
Do they not work?

It's been a while since I looked into this. There was some sort of major downside at least at the time that made me not want to do it even though the tablet she was using was retired. Don;t remember what that was though, and mind you, I am He Who Tinkers :)

It's been a while since I looked into this. There was some sort of major downside at least at the time that made me not want to do it even though the tablet she was using was retired. Don;t remember what that was though, and mind you, I am He Who Tinkers :)
Probably that it's 32bit ARM, and even with the leaked Win10 you can't get Firefox to work on it, so your stuck with the old Chrome Edge.
I've been checking out a few vids, they mentioned Linux, but graphic acceleration won't work on it, but all in all, I still want one!

Anyone got an 1155 i5/i7 sandy bridge or ivy bridge cpu laying around they're looking to get rid of? I'm giving this pc to a friend and wanted something better than an i3-2120 in it.

Anyone got an 1155 i5/i7 sandy bridge or ivy bridge cpu laying around they're looking to get rid of? I'm giving this pc to a friend and wanted something better than an i3-2120 in it.
I’ll look tonight but I think they are all haswells :/

LOL I just decommissioned our old HTPC, and all it has is a i3-2105, so I'm not much help, sorry :D

Hi there does anyone have one of These?
Dell 33VKR or JDDXD

$12 for a piece of plastic is insane!

Gone
Have 2x Samsung 128GB MSATA drives!
2 x 4GB of 1600MHZ DDR3L SO-DIMMS

Last edited:
Hi there does anyone have one of These?
Dell 33VKR or JDDXD

$12 for a piece of plastic is insane!

Have 2x Samsung 128GB MSATA drives!
2 x 4GB of 1600MHZ DDR3L SO-DIMMS
we(work) have a bunch of those 390 towers but i dont think we have the slimline ones, ill look for ya.
if not, what aboot 2 for $9 from chy-na? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/325006437959

Back