The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'm tired of looking at this crap in my basement. I will never get to using it. I don't remember what CPU is in the motherboard but it looks like there is (2) 2GB sticks of ram in it.

It all worked the last time I messed with it, which was a long time ago. Case is a Bitfenix Prodigy. https://www.bitfenix.com/products/chassis/mini-itx/prodigy/

If you come and pick it up - make it easy for me with no BS excuses why you are late etc. etc. - you can have it for free.

What you see is what you get, nothing else. YOU TAKE EVERYTHING NO PARTING OUT.

Thanks for looking! I'm in Sterling Heights, MI . 48314
wow someone is going to have a nice day :)

I'm tired of looking at this crap in my basement. I will never get to using it. I don't remember what CPU is in the motherboard but it looks like there is (2) 2GB sticks of ram in it.

It all worked the last time I messed with it, which was a long time ago. Case is a Bitfenix Prodigy. https://www.bitfenix.com/products/chassis/mini-itx/prodigy/

If you come and pick it up - make it easy for me with no BS excuses why you are late etc. etc. - you can have it for free.

Dang. Wish i didn't live so far. Looks stronger than my home rig. Very generous of you. someone is going to be very happy with that.

Anyone have a not too old or weak graphics card they are willing to part with for shipping and I could even kick in a bit on top? I had to sell my RX5700XT due to some money issues and gave away my GTX670 on here. Now the backup card I was intending to replace the RX5700XT with has started artifacting and black screening when I play games. I don't need anything fancy just something that can play newer games even at the lowest settings. It is absolutely killing me not being able to game while stuck at home.

Anyone have a not too old or weak graphics card they are willing to part with for shipping and I could even kick in a bit on top? I had to sell my RX5700XT due to some money issues and gave away my GTX670 on here. Now the backup card I was intending to replace the RX5700XT with has started artifacting and black screening when I play games. I don't need anything fancy just something that can play newer games even at the lowest settings. It is absolutely killing me not being able to game while stuck at home.
Who got your GTX670? I bet they would give it back to you. (y)

I was offered a GTX 770

You can get it for the cost of shipping

Does anyone want a Bose Wave Radio (W/O CD) Model # AWR1-1W
No remote is included but the original power cord is
The unit's AM/FM tuner & amplifier are 100% operational but the Vacuum Fluorescent Display (AKA VFD) is very dim and hard to make out the time or radio station frequency.
The amplifier works as stated and so does the line-in so you can use your choice of auxiliary music source.
This is 100% AS-IS and is being offered for the cost of packing & shipping

Attachments

• AWR1-1W (2).jpg
    AWR1-1W (2).jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AWR1-1W (2).jpg
    AWR1-1W (2).jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AWR1-1W.jpg
    AWR1-1W.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0

Oh man, I really like the Prodigy too! Always wanted one but you are over two hours away from me....

Gone! Going to SamirD.

I’ve got an Asus Xonar D1 sound card up for grabs. It’s a great sound card and it’s positional audio mode in gaming is damn near cheating. I have no PCI slot for it to go in though and realized it’s just sitting around collecting dust.

Last edited:
Will consider active members first (history of giving, length of membership, and to those I haven't given too). PP F&F or add fees. These parts are tested working but could develope a habit of being a paperweight.

2x Seagate 500GB +$5 for a whopper meal :D
Netgear AV500
Inateck 2 Port PCIe USB 3.0 Card NIB
in for those powerline adapters

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just pay shipping from 76227

View attachment 292355
Pm'ed about the AC fan
Will consider active members first (history of giving, length of membership, and to those I haven't given too). PP F&F or add fees. These parts are tested working but could develope a habit of being a paperweight.

2x Seagate 500GB +$5 for a whopper meal :D
Netgear XAV5602
Inateck 2 Port PCIe USB 3.0 Card NIB
I can use the 500gb's if you don't get any other takers.

I was shipped two of these instead of the fishing stuff I ordered from China a few years ago (seller refunded me and told me to dispose of it). I don't know what's it for (some gps tracking stuff?). Free for the cost of shipping.

BOTH GONE

Attachments

• IMG_20201028_114848356.jpg
    IMG_20201028_114848356.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201028_114901606.jpg
    IMG_20201028_114901606.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201028_115014880.jpg
    IMG_20201028_115014880.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Have some items for the cost of shipping. Let me know what you want. Not totally sure on the working condition of these item as they were pulled from machines I have had laying around for some time. Figured someone might want to take a shot.
- 1 x Intel e2160
- 1 x Intel Pentium D 820
- 1 x Nvidia Geforce 8300GS 128MB Pci-E Card
- 2 x 512MB DDR2-533MHz
- 2 x 1GB DDR2-800MHz Kingston
- 2 x 1GB DDR2-667MHz
- 2 x 256MB DDR2-667MHz
- 1 x DVD Rewriter Model: GSA - H73N
- 1 x CD-RW/DVD-Rom Model: DH-48C2S

View attachment 290929View attachment 290930View attachment 290931

Putting this back up here incase anyone needs.

Another "Freebie" for shipping. I have a Dell Venue 5130 Pro (32Bit) This is a Windows 10 tablet 64GB EMMC (I think) 2GB Ram Intel Atom (The slowest thing ever does not even handle SD YouTube that well) you are welcome to have it for the shipping fees, it uses a special Dell USB to 19.5VDC adapter however it will charge (slowly) with a 5VDC charger. I am keeping the Dell adapter though as I have another Dell Venue that uses it.

Gone to mnewxcv

Last edited:
Another "Freebie" for shipping. I have a Dell Venue 5130 Pro (32Bit) This is a Windows 10 tablet 64GB EMMC (I thing) 2GB Ram Intel Atom (The slowest thing ever does not even handle SD YouTube that well) you are welcome to have it for the shipping fees, it uses a special Dell USB to 19.5VDC adapter however it will charge (slowly) with a 5VDC charger. I am keeping the Dell adapter though as I have another Dell Venue that uses it.
I will definitely take it if still avail. I keep a netbook in my car for diagnostics that run off obd to a windows machine and web use when I don't have access to a real computer. Can't be any slower than my netbook with a 1024x600 screen.

since Format _C: is sending me that tablet, my netbook will be available to anyone who wants it once I transfer my data over.

It's an asus eee pc with an atom N450, 1024x600 screen (you can force higher to actually fit stuff on the screen but native is still 1024x600), I think it is upgraded to 2GB. Specs are basically this but I'm not sure the exact model number: https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-...windows-7-starter-1-gb-ram-250-gb-hdd-series/
It's slow. Really slow. Like, really slow. But it ran a basic piece of software for me fine once it booted so I didn't complain. I think it has windows 7 starter still on it (I think I upgraded it to 10 once and realized I'm an idiot for doing that and reverted it). Up for grabs to anyone who can use it, comes with ac adapter and a zip up sleeve case.

since Format _C: is sending me that tablet, my netbook will be available to anyone who wants it once I transfer my data over.

It's an asus eee pc with an atom N450, 1024x600 screen (you can force higher to actually fit stuff on the screen but native is still 1024x600), I think it is upgraded to 2GB. Specs are basically this but I'm not sure the exact model number: https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-...windows-7-starter-1-gb-ram-250-gb-hdd-series/
It's slow. Really slow. Like, really slow. But it ran a basic piece of software for me fine once it booted so I didn't complain. I think it has windows 7 starter still on it (I think I upgraded it to 10 once and realized I'm an idiot for doing that and reverted it). Up for grabs to anyone who can use it, comes with ac adapter and a zip up sleeve case.
Ever try linux on it?

I had one of those eee pcs. Linux was much better than Windows. The windows sound driver wanted to take up 25-50% of the CPU all the time, unusable for even Skype (this was back in 2013). Basic SSD is a requirement to make it bearable, although any 32-60 GB old drive is fine.

It is time for another "old shit I'm tired of looking at that I've got quadruplicates of". Lot of this stuff is older, so it probably won't see much interest, unless you want to play with some really vintage gear. Whatever not taken is going to the dump/recycling. Keep in mind that shipping will be more expensive for the larger things. All of the machines are working. If you want specs and/or machine history, send me a PM.

Dell Dimension 4600C
Dell Optiplex 210L
Dell Latitude C400 (no battery, comes with PCMCIA DVD-ROM and external drive bay)
Dell Inspiron 1300
Quadro NVS 295 (dual DisplayPort out)
ATI Radeon 2400XT PCIe (DMS-59 W/ VGA Pigtail)
Geforce 2 MX440 AGP
Geforce 7100GS PCIe
Asus P5GC-MX/1333

This is a long shot but does anyone have the mounting hardware for a Deepcool Captian 240 EX? Apparently during a recent cleanup I have lost the threaded nuts that space the retention bars above the capacitators.

Ill take it if still available

This is a long shot but does anyone have the mounting hardware for a Deepcool Captian 240 EX? Apparently during a recent cleanup I have lost the threaded nuts that space the retention bars above the capacitators.
Can you show a picture? I've used a few Deepcool HSFs that I've mounted with my own hardware, so I may have some of the stock hardware around.

Can you show a picture? I've used a few Deepcool HSFs that I've mounted with my own hardware, so I may have some of the stock hardware around.
Its the bolts circled in the picture. I have the older one that just broke but the new model was just sitting in the box its just missing those 4 bolts.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
Does anyone have a spare laptop LCD laying around? I was thinking about cobbling together a portable monitor from one of those Chinese driver boards for the hell of it. I'm not super picky on resolution or size, but I am looking for a panel in decent shape that is new enough to have an LED backlight and not CCFL. I am willing to pay you to ship either just the panel itself or the entire "carcass".

I have an original Raspberry Pi Model B and a Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 up for grabs. Just pay actual shipping. Both worked the last time I used them. Been in my parts bin for a couple years.

EDIT: GPU is gone

1604416879625.png

Last edited:
Does anyone have a spare laptop LCD laying around? I was thinking about cobbling together a portable monitor from one of those Chinese driver boards for the hell of it. I'm not super picky on resolution or size, but I am looking for a panel in decent shape that is new enough to have an LED backlight and not CCFL. I am willing to pay you to ship either just the panel itself or the entire "carcass".

I have an original Raspberry Pi Model B and a Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 up for grabs. Just pay actual shipping. Both worked the last time I used them. Been in my parts bin for a couple years.

View attachment 295464
View attachment 295463

pm sent on the gpu

Back