The Division 2

On that note, can we talk about how absolutely fantastic this game looks in 4K w/ HDR and the settings cranked? This engine blew me away back when Div 1 came out and now, seeing it in HDR is just breathtaking at times. Some of the environments and the atmosphere the effects can bring are just mind blowing.

On that note, can we talk about how absolutely fantastic this game looks in 4K w/ HDR and the settings cranked? This engine blew me away back when Div 1 came out and now, seeing it in HDR is just breathtaking at times. Some of the environments and the atmosphere the effects can bring are just mind blowing.
TD2 is another example of art direction beating pixels. I wish more devs would take note. I walked away from this one yet again after the disappearing weapon bug hit me badly, but it's always been beautiful.

Well, scratch that. With HDR enabled the built in Photo Mode is not happy.

1709787941730.png

So I need to get geared up again cos I'm getting me arse whipped on normal. Is is Hunter's Fury 4pc with memento backpack still the meta for solo play? Or what's good these days? I've picked up some Aegis(?) gear pieces here and there, worth hanging onto?

Anybody have any luck targeted loot ARs in Summit for the St.Elmo Engine AR? I guess it's the best AR in the game these days? Still using a Heartbreaker and a Scropio shotty.

Last but not least, sorry to ask cos I forget these things, only way to get the Eagle Bearer is either the Raid or DZ right?

Edit: Seems like every Youtube solo build video I watch they have the Eagle Bearer.

Last edited:
Is is Hunter's Fury 4pc with memento backpack still the meta for solo play? Or what's good these days?

Getting back into the game myself, I've spent countless hours now watching Youtube and reading the subreddit and far and away the meta at least for all out damage is 4-piece Strikers, Coyote exotic mask, St. Elmo's and a ACS-12 w/ Fast Hands.

This is a bit of a "joke" in the community as everyone has this build in their loadouts as its pretty foolproof and you can blitz through Solo Heroic content as long as you stay safe since you're a little squishy. A reviver hive is a must. Chest piece has some options but a Ceska chestpiece with the Obliterate talent is probably one of the best. This build is all about stacking Crit Chance and Crit Damage.

Sorry, I don't know how to make this not embed but this spreadsheet was a godsend when getting back into the game to get a few builds going. The Striker build is in there and explains it in more detail.
>
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nrPBmOrtpkEW1j5fbcRT7L-AXgsGOqMqxXoVtopsiGM/edit#gid=1509999994

From there I've experiemted with a few others. I now have a Hot Shot marksmen rifle build which is a lot of fun, still getting used to it.

An alternative from Strikers is a Heartbreaker build to get a bunch of armor at the expense of a little DPS. Really, that spreadsheet is fantastic.

1710470391994.png

I've picked up some Aegis(?) gear pieces here and there, worth hanging onto?
Eh, I dump most of my gear into experience unless its quite obviously a godroll, you can get a ton more of it quickly as I'll explain below.

Anybody have any luck targeted loot ARs in Summit for the St.Elmo Engine AR? I guess it's the best AR in the game these days? Still using a Heartbreaker and a Scropio shotty.
When I learned about St. Elmos a few weeks ago it took me an hour to get it. Countdown is FAR and away the king of loot farms, just target AR's. 15 minutes per run and you're showered in loot, its kind of absurd. You can target whatever gear you want and just follow the group. Challenging mode is great for moving faster and still getting the same amount of loot drops as Heroic.

Honestly what I did was pull up the article for the build, then just go down the list targeting what I was looking for until I had a good baseline to work off of.

Also, you get a currency from Countdown runs which you can use at the vendor for Exotic drops. Only took a few and I got Elmos.

Last but not least, sorry to ask cos I forget these things, only way to get the Eagle Bearer is either the Raid or DZ right?
I believe so. So far I haven't felt the need to go after that but I'm still getting my builds sorted out. I'd like to get a bit more comfortable but I can clear everything on Heroic so far.

Last edited:
Back