The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Congrat! My X32FP haven't arrive yet because of the big holiday here. I hope you love your X32 FP!
I still have my PA32UC here and it have only 384 Zones but the color and black are stunning, so i hope the X32FP will have good picture quality compare to the PA32UC for my work and 160Hz for my gaming :)
I just got mine. Can confirm everything people wrote here about the X32 FP. I can compare it to Samsung Neo G7 I returned, and I can only say, that unlike the Neo G7, I won't be returning this one. Don't have a lot of time to check the monitor out in detail, but the panel seems very good and has no dead pixels.
However, as others have said, there seems to be LOT of fiddling involved with this monitor, when switching from work to gaming, from SDR to HDR gaming.
It's also incredibly dumb, that they ship the monitor with this power saving feature "Maximum Brightness" option "off", so when you turn the monitor on it's super dim. First thing you need to do, is set this to "on".
I noticed that enabling the "Local Dimming" significantly dims the screen, so you can't leave it on while working either.

Compared to Neo G7, you definitely don't get the contrast of the VA panel and the HDR on X32 FP seems far dimmer than on the Neo G7. There's also far less fiddling with options involved with Neo G7 where you just set the Local Dimming to Auto and HDR just turns on automagically. Unfortunately, for me personally, Neo G7 is just complete garbage for productivity, very annoying to work on and plagued with quality issues (mine had dead pixels, non-functioning port etc). So, I gladly paid almost $300 more for the X32 FP over the Neo G7 (but I probably wouldn't pay more).

I will try increasing brightness/contrast in Nvidia Control Panel, see if the HDR pops more. I don't care about messing up Windows in any way, since I only game on Windows PC, and work on MacBook hooked up over USB-C...which is another great feature of this monitor.

I just got mine. Can confirm everything people wrote here about the X32 FP. I can compare it to Samsung Neo G7 I returned, and I can only say, that unlike the Neo G7, I won't be returning this one. Don't have a lot of time to check the monitor out in detail, but the panel seems very good and has no dead pixels.
However, as others have said, there seems to be LOT of fiddling involved with this monitor, when switching from work to gaming, from SDR to HDR gaming.
It's also incredibly dumb, that they ship the monitor with this power saving feature "Maximum Brightness" option "off", so when you turn the monitor on it's super dim. First thing you need to do, is set this to "on".
I noticed that enabling the "Local Dimming" significantly dims the screen, so you can't leave it on while working either.

Compared to Neo G7, you definitely don't get the contrast of the VA panel and the HDR on X32 FP seems far dimmer than on the Neo G7. There's also far less fiddling with options involved with Neo G7 where you just set the Local Dimming to Auto and HDR just turns on automagically. Unfortunately, for me personally, Neo G7 is just complete garbage for productivity, very annoying to work on and plagued with quality issues (mine had dead pixels, non-functioning port etc). So, I gladly paid almost $300 more for the X32 FP over the Neo G7 (but I probably wouldn't pay more).

I will try increasing brightness/contrast in Nvidia Control Panel, see if the HDR pops more. I don't care about messing up Windows in any way, since I only game on Windows PC, and work on MacBook hooked up over USB-C...which is another great feature of this monitor.
Glad to hear that you keep the monitor. I also got mine here and it don't have dead pixel too. But i am quite in a mess with it setting, If i turn on the "Adaptive dimming", then the text in SDR mode quite of wash out, make me so uncomfortable to use it in windows for my work, i have to turn it off. But if we turn it off, the what is the point to pay 1300USD to have a FALD screen?
And are there any way to check what is my monitor firmware version? I googled it and found no answer.

Compare to my old Asus PA32UC (the first Asus high end monitor) , the X32FP have very sharp and nice detail of text , it look like it have better pixel sharping, and also look smooth like an Oled panel. Color is great too.
Gaming is great, this was a first time of my life to play game with 160fps :)

Last edited:
If i turn on the "Adaptive dimming", then the text in SDR mode quite of wash out, make me so uncomfortable to use it in windows for my work, i have to turn it off. But if we turn it off, the what is the point to pay 1300USD to have a FALD screen?
And are there any way to check what is my monitor firmware version? I googled it and found no answer.
I don't think anyone would consider this an issue, since you are supposed to use the adaptive dimming only while gaming. The point is to get more contrast in games, which will give you more realistic i.e. immersive experience. It's really not needed for work. I mean, people even complain about haloing with Apple displays which have a massive zone count.
But yes, I agree, it will take a while until I dial in the monitor OSD, together with Windows settings. I don't do any color critical stuff, so I can roll with oversaturated colors which look "fun" to me. On that topic, my monitor came with factory calibration sheet for sRGB(?) mode...I think.

I don't think anyone would consider this an issue, since you are supposed to use the adaptive dimming only while gaming. The point is to get more contrast in games, which will give you more realistic i.e. immersive experience. It's really not needed for work. I mean, people even complain about haloing with Apple displays which have a massive zone count.
But yes, I agree, it will take a while until I dial in the monitor OSD, together with Windows settings. I don't do any color critical stuff, so I can roll with oversaturated colors which look "fun" to me. On that topic, my monitor came with factory calibration sheet for sRGB(?) mode...I think.
The technical that came to my house to do the calibration said that this was the best ips monitor that he ever calibration, it already have 100% sRGB accuracy right out of the box so he almost don't have to do anythings.
About the local dimming in SDR, i think it will save our eye alot. Imaging if you have to sit in front of a 32inch monitor 8hours a days, local dimming will turn off or turn down the backlight led in black, grey, dark scene.

Last edited:
The technical that came to my house to do the calibration said that this was the best ips monitor that he ever calibration, it already have 100% sRGB accuracy right out of the box so he almost don't have to do anythings.
About the local dimming in SDR, i think it will save our eye alot. Imaging if you have to sit in front of a 32inch monitor 8hours a days, local dimming will turn off or turn down the backlight led in black, grey, dark scene.
My first requirement is for monitor to be excellent for work, since that’s how I pay for it and, you know, eat.
My 2nd requirement is for it to be also as good for gaming as it could possibly be.
My 3rd one is not to be insanely expensive.

This monitor simply ticks those boxes, more than any other currently on the market. Not perfect by any stretch of imagination, but the best compromise there is right now.

Hi, anyone know how to enter service menu or check the current installed firmware of the Acer X32 FP ?
Thanks alot!

So far, not a single one of this year are getting past 2021's 1800-nits PG32UQX. The monitor market is beyond abysmal like always.

So far, not a single one of this year are getting past 2021's 1800-nits PG32UQX. The monitor market is beyond abysmal like always.
I think 1000nit is more than we need because 32inch is work/gamming monitor. My eye get tired even at 300nit if i sit in front of the monitor for more than 5 hours. So 1800nit will burn my eye for sure :)

Reactions: Xar
like this
I think 1000nit is more than we need because 32inch is work/gamming monitor. My eye get tired even at 300nit if i sit in front of the monitor for more than 5 hours. So 1800nit will burn my eye for sure :)
Why would you use the monitor in HDR mode for work though? And if it's for HDR content production then the closer you get to reference (which is 10000 nits for HDR10 I think?) the better.

You know what? In the end I've decided to keep the Acer X32 FP running with HDR and Fast Local Dimming all the time. I also left the Windows HDR permanently on. Unlike the Neo G7, this actually works good and doesn't look washed out in Windows 11 while browsing etc. You can fine tune i.e. slightly increase brightness/contrast in NVIDIA Control Panel for more "pop" just in games, because if you are in a Light Mode, and you increase brightness, your white will become unbearably bright for work. Big white screens will sear into your retinas. However, I use Dark Mode for every app I can, and don't actually work in Windows anyway, just game, so all is well.
Interesting to note, that SDR games will get the "Auto HDR" treatement from Windows 11, which IMHO will give those games a better look than vanilla SDR, but I guess it depends on a game.

When working, I hook up to my MacBook via super-convenient 90W USB-C, keep monitor's HDR and Local Dimming as is. I am also using Dark Mode for everything and it looks great. I am not doing any color critical work though, so don't care much about perfect color accuracy.

Blooming, or local dimming zones firing, is hardly noticeable and even then, only on grayish backgrounds, so this is a non-issue for me. Yeah, I would prefer OLED per pixel dimming, but this is the next best thing.

All in all, after going through Samsung Neo G7 and LG32GQ950, I've finally found a monitor I am happy with. It's still kinda bulky and way overpriced at original price, but I got it on 20% discount sale and boy am I glad that I did...

I wish we could combine FALD and Quantum-Dots with CRT.
Why would you want a CRT with FALD? Firstly it doesn't make sense since CRTs aren't backlit, but secondly FALD is a bandaid for LCDs that tries to fix one of its main shortcomings by (poorly) approximating what CRTs already do perfectly: per-pixel light control with no bleeding. An LCD with FALD is (sometimes) better than one without, but if perfect contrast is what you're after any emissive technology (CRT, OLED, plasma, microLED) will do it far better without any hacky bandaids.

About the X32FP.
I made a mistake so i quite disapointed about it contrast, color and everything until yesterday i remember that i am using the old display port 1.4 cable that from my old 4K 60Hz monitor when i set the X32FP to 160hz. May be the old 1.4 DP cable don't have enough bandwidth. Today i bought a new HDMI 2.1 cable and everything change dramatic, the screen now have very good color, contrast and deep black, it look like a oled of my Samsung S32 Ultra screen now.

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 5.12.04 PM.png

Mine actually shipped lol ( but it looks like the open boxes are now sold out )

I checked two amazon price trackers and neither showed it getting to that price, so guess it wasn't there for long, no surprise.

Looking at this year (and probably next) it looks like my PG32UQX will still be my primary monitor. Works great for work (I leave HDR on, but set brightness in windows to 8%), works great for gaming and 32" is a perfect size for 4K. I use my old PG27UQ as a second monitor on this setup as well in a similar fashion.

Are there XG321UG or PG32UQX owners who are able to find the installed firmware version of their monitor? I cannot find it. And did you ever had a firmware update?
With my XG321UG I discovered a bug where the OD setting via DisplayPort isn't saved, see: .
I've contaced ViewSonic about this and they say that they have a new firmware version available in which the mentioned bug is fixed. That's nice, but I need to send my monitor to their repair centre for upgrading the firmware. I'm not really in a rush to do that. Therefore I've asked them what the release notes are of this firmware version, they say that the new version has a focus on performance improvements. That's vague. So I'm in doubt now.

Last edited:
Are there XG321UG or PG32UQX owners who are able to find the installed firmware version of their monitor? I cannot find it. And did you ever had a firmware update?
With my XG321UG I discovered a bug where the OD setting via DisplayPort isn't saved, see: .
I've contaced ViewSonic about this and they say that they have a new firmware version available in which the mentioned bug is fixed. That's nice, but I need to send my monitor to their repair centre for upgrading the firmware. I'm not really in a rush to do that. Therefore I've asked them what the release notes are of this firmware version, they say that the new version has a focus on performance improvements. That's vague. So I'm in doubt now.

I have had the XG more than a year and yes, I have to change the response time every time as well, but everything else saves. Interesting that there is a new firmware, I never contacted them about that. My understanding is that since the monitor has a Gsync chip one cannot access the service menu easily. Would be interesting to hear from someone who has the updated firmware.

With my XG321UG I discovered a bug where the OD setting via DisplayPort isn't saved, see:
No idea on the firmware, but disable deep sleep in the setup menu and your problem will be solved. Also fixes the annoying thing where Windows deletes/re-detects your monitor every time you power it off/on.

No idea on the firmware, but disable deep sleep in the setup menu and your problem will be solved. Also fixes the annoying thing where Windows deletes/re-detects your monitor every time you power it off/on.
When I disable deepsleep the RGB lighting stays on by turning off the monitor. While the OD setting is indeed saved it is still not a good solution for me. I've decided to send it to ViewSonic for updating the firmware. I'm curious what advantages can been seen as they say besides the fix for the OD setting the update also has performance improvements.

Last edited:
When I disable deepsleep the RGB lighting stays on by turning off the monitor. While the OD setting is indeed saved it is still not a good solution for me. I've decided to send it to ViewSonic for updating the firmware. I'm curious what advantages can been seen as they say besides the fix for the OD setting the update also has performance improvements.
Please report back!

just picked this up and boy is he gorgeous, good size 32" and its snappy enough for me

Last edited:
What did you get?
got the PG32UQX, came with no dead pixels and no issues with screen... perfect panel !

I like the 32" size, good middle ground between 27" and 34" wide, I thought it would be too big compared to my old 27" dell 1440p 144hz monitor... but it feels “big enough” at about 30 inch distance

response times is similar to my benq xl2720z 144hz 1ms monitor in counterstrike go

dimensions for fun:
asus pg32uqx measured diagonally 32"
panel: height 16" x width 28.5"

old dell 27" measured diagonally 27"
panel: height 13 1/2" x width 24"

the manual I found on B&H, weird it didn't come with my box

Asus PG32UQX Manual (B&H Photo Link)

Last edited:
got the PG32UQX, came with no dead pixels and no issues with screen... perfect panel !

I like the 32" size, good middle ground between 27" and 34" wide, I thought it would be too big compared to my old 27" dell 1440p 144hz monitor...

response times is similar to my benq xl27270z in counterstrike go

dimensions for fun:
asus pg32uqx measured diagonally 32"
panel: height 16" x width 28.5"

old dell 27" measured diagonally 27"
panel: height 13 1/2" x width 24"

the manual I found on B&H, weird it didn't come with my box

Asus PG32UQX Manual (B&H Photo Link)
You will love it man, the PG32UQX is a beautiful panel. HDR gaming is absolutely amazing on it. Contrary to what a lot of people say, I have had 0 issues with response time on this monitor in a slew of games I play. Be sure to use RGB 444 and set your color to 12-Bit depth and enjoy! ;)

You will love it man, the PG32UQX is a beautiful panel. HDR gaming is absolutely amazing on it. Contrary to what a lot of people say, I have had 0 issues with response time on this monitor in a slew of games I play. Be sure to use RGB 444 and set your color to 12-Bit depth and enjoy! ;)
this asus panel and stand is just quality 👌

Yea I know for sure, I didnt even load hdr games yet 😂, just tried cs:go, d2r and lol, the higher resolution make the games look and feel better, less jaggies too 👍

Why using 12-bit color depth as no game uses it? As far as I know 12-bit doesn't make gradients smoother versus 10-bit. It is better to set the panel to 120Hz (instead of 144Hz) and color depth set to 10-bit to have true 10-bit rendering via DisplayPort.

Why using 12-bit color depth as no game uses it? As far as I know 12-bit doesn't make gradients smoother versus 10-bit. It is better to set the panel to 120Hz (instead of 144Hz) and color depth set to 10-bit to have true 10-bit rendering via DisplayPort.
Tons of good info over in this thread... but basically, no reason not to run at 144Hz at 12-Bit color depth and forget about it... the monitor is more than capable of it...

https://hardforum.com/threads/pg32u...sync-ultimate.1991370/page-47#post-1045652841

You are correct, you can't "add" colors or gradients, but you are setup if any 12-Bit support appears, or you work in that amount of depth. It is basically 10-Bit + 2-Bit FRC for 12-Bit color.

damn i had to turn off hdr mode, desktop getting a tad bright 😂
I just turn it down to 8% when working and that helps a ton. Technically you can leave it that low and HDR games will still be the correct brightness as the slider is for non-hdr content.

I just turn it down to 8% when working and that helps a ton. Technically you can leave it that low and HDR games will still be the correct brightness as the slider is for non-hdr content.
yea over 30 is a lil bright even in sdr

btw, the logo light under the stand, I tried turning it on with monitor and it doesn't turn on, armory crate first install it shows the monitor, second install it doesnt recognize, whats the fix? the cover is taken off so its not that, the rear light and light in motion lights up

yea over 30 is a lil bright even in sdr

btw, the logo light under the stand, I tried turning it on with monitor and it doesn't turn on, armory crate first install it shows the monitor, second install it doesnt recognize, whats the fix? the cover is taken off so its not that, the rear light and light in motion lights up
I leave mine off except for the little mini display, but when i did turn it on to test, I used the manual controls on the monitor and it worked fine. If I recall, you have to turn it on AND select a color (as it has many) for the bottom one...

Go to 2:13min and laugh as hard as you can, it’s so true and so hilarious!

Samsung might be the first one to do it, if they see enough profits to be made in PC monitor/Gaming monitor market sector. Otherwise, releasing any 32" 4K 144Hz/240Hz QD-OLED right now would jeopardize their own TV sales really hard.

They önly went with 240Hz QD-VA Mini-LED last year because LCD TV market was pretty much dead back in late-2022.

Playing around with Acer X32 FP...
In Nvidia Control Panel, shift brightness to 70%, but contrast to 90% - 100%. HDR mode "On" in Windows and monitor. Local Dimming to "Fast".
Play the usual YouTube video "2020 LG OLED l The Black 4K HDR 60fps". Looks pretty amazing and the FALD "falls apart" only on the last red dots on black background as expected...and I say that with a Sony 65" A95K QD-OLED in the living room to compare it with.

What do you think? Too much of a good thing?

Last edited:
Back