The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Was it ever confirmed that the InnoCN uses the same panel as the AOC PD32M? The price difference is staggering.

AUO M320QAN02.3 needs the original 16-zone AUO DC backlight and it is not designed for FALD. It's a panel that is inside PG32UQ, MPG321UR, XG320U, EX3210U.

Both AOC and InnoCN panels are cutdown open cells for third-party 1152 zones backlight. AOC uses Innolux while InnoCN uses AUO.

AUO M320QAN02.3 needs the original 16-zone AUO DC backlight and it is not designed for FALD. It's a panel that is inside PG32UQ, MPG321UR, XG320U, EX3210U.

Both AOC and InnoCN panels are cutdown open cells for third-party 1152 zones backlight. AOC uses Innolux while InnoCN uses AUO.
Where do you find which panel is used on which unless someone has taken it apart?

My local Microcenter says it has 1 Acer X32 FP in stock so I decided to place an order for it. Will go pick it up tomorrow and see how it does against my X27. Don't know why it says UHD 3440x1440 though lol.

1674628513845.png

My local Microcenter says it has 1 Acer X32 FP in stock so I decided to place an order for it. Will go pick it up tomorrow and see how it does against my X27. Don't know why it says UHD 3440x1440 though lol.

I am excited to hear how the display works for you. I hope you can run some tests for us, I'd love to see the UFO test in particular.

My local Micro Center also has 1 of these X32s in stock. It's been tempting me. I recently got an LG 32GQ950 with some severe panel issues. I'm trying to decide if I should exchange it for another 32GQ950, or exchange it for an X32 FP. Your findings will help make that decision.

Last edited:
Ok so after spending a few hours gaming on the X32 FP here's my initial thoughts, feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them but keep in mind I'm no professional monitor reviewer like RTings or MonitorsUnboxed:
  • Motion clarity is great. They fixed the massive overshoot problem that plagued the monitor last year. OD is locked when enabling VRR but it's looks to be dialed in pretty well as far as I can tell. I am running an RTX 4090 so my frame rates at 4K are pretty high though. 160Hz on this panel is comparable to my 120Hz OLED, maybe a little bit less clear in motion but overall I would say you aren't give up much in terms of motion clarity coming from a 120Hz OLED, and 160Hz feels like a step up in responsiveness over 120Hz.
  • Windows HDR Calibration Tool shows that it does 1280 nits before clipping. So peak brightness appears to be in the ballpark of the X27. Amazing HDR experience on this thing! I don't know how to measure PQ EOTF tracking or show brightness at various Window Sizes though so who knows maybe it's not as bright hence the reduced blooming. Just eyeballing it though the brightness doesn't seem too far off from the X27.
  • Blooming (lack of blooming rather) is better than the X27 even when setting adaptive dimming speed to "Fast" when seems to result in the highest brightness. However I can't actually recommend using "Fast" adaptive dimming speed because the dimming zones doing their thing was super noticeable even in games, and it is EXTREMELY distracting on the desktop. Setting adaptive dimming to "Average" it isn't noticeable in games to me but still noticeable on the desktop, just less distracting. Local dimming on the desktop however has ALWAYS been something that's noticeable IMO so I don't consider this an issue.
  • 4K 160Hz 10Bit RGB works just fine through DSC no issues so far, this is a huge step up from my X27 which lacks DSC and can only do 4K 10Bit RGB at a measely 98Hz, or 144Hz with 422 chroma.
  • I am currently running the monitor with HDR permanently enabled and HDR also permanently enabled on Windows 11 just like I did with my X27 and haven't ran into any issues with washed out colors or oversaturated colors, Windows handles this well now IMO.
  • User Color Controls are locked when running in HDR so you cannot do any white point balance unfortunately, mine has a slight blue tint that would easily be fixable if we could adjust RGB values with User Color.
  • I haven't ran into any weird OSD/firmware bugs.....yet. Fingers crossed they really did iron every single issue out
  • Now for the price, at $1499 can I recommend it? That depends...I'm coming from an Acer X27 which costed me $2000 so this is actually cheaper, and given that the X27 lasted me 5 years I would say it is worth it for me personally because I will probably end up using it for just as long as my X27, it's also $1000 less than the PG32UQX while having better motion clarity and less blooming. OD also seems to be dialed in really well despite the lack of a Gsync module so I really don't think the PG32UQX is even remotely worth the extra $1000 in order to get like 200-300 more nits over a X32 FP while having worst response times, and worst blooming despite having twice the dimming zones. This new AUO amled panel just seems like the superior option IMO. The other monitor to be looking at for comparison however is the InnoCN 32M2V which people managed to get for $899 but has a regular price of $999 so thats another $500 less over the X32 FP. Someone who bought the InnoCN will have to chime in with their thoughts.
1674711270484.jpeg
1674711304866.jpeg

Excuse my crappy TestUFO attempts, but as you can see, no noticeable overshoot and barely any smearing at 160fps!

1674711354333.jpeg

Even less blooming than my X27.

1674711422804.jpeg

Picture doesn't do it justice but what can I say? HDR looks amazing on this thing!

Now will I keep it at $1499? Yes...but I wouldn't say everyone should run out and buy it because it's just not great value at that price. Again the InnoCN monitor exists and the only 2 drawbacks I can see going with that monitor is slower response times and 144Hz instead of 160Hz, but you would be saving yourself another $500 if we compare MSRP. And there's always the LG 42C2 that's been selling for $800 which is an absolute steal if you don't mind a larger OLED instead of Mini LED. For me though, I have been asking for a 32" 4K 144Hz+ Mini LED monitor that doesn't have crazy blooming and crazy slow response times and this is delivering exactly what I want.

Last edited:
Ok so after spending a few hours gaming on the X32 FP here's my initial thoughts, -snip-

This is wonderful thank you MistaSparkul. The motion clarity was one of my greatest concerns and it looks like it's excellent. This is great news!

One question: does the monitor switch to HDR mode automatically when it receives HDR content?

OD also seems to be dialed in really well despite the lack of a Gsync module so I really don't think the PG32UQX is even remotely worth the extra $1000 in order to get like 200-300 more nits over a X32 FP while having worst response times, and worst blooming despite having twice the dimming zones. This new AUO amled panel just seems like the superior option IMO
G-sync handles backlight, VRR, VOD while G-sync compatible lets other FPGA do the similar but worse. With the latest version of V2.00.009, the X32FP is dialed again to have peak brightness lower close to only 1000nits compared to 1800nits of PG32UQX.

Yet X32FP has issues like these. You can blame Acer's tunning.

X32FP is a cutdown version of both color and dimming zone to get a cheaper price at a faster response time which people seem to value the most on HDR?

Ironically once the response time is faster, the 8-bit panel loses more color close to a 4-year-old PG35VQ while the blooming control is worse on 512-zone IPS than the 512-zone VA.

You always get what you pay for. You should've had these monitors to compare not just X27 where the fan is not easily replaceable.

G-sync handles backlight, VRR, VOD while G-sync compatible lets other FPGA do the similar but worse. With the latest version of V2.00.009, the X32FP is dialed again to have peak brightness lower close to only 1000nits compared to 1800nits of PG32UQX.

Yet X32FP has issues like these. You can blame Acer's tunning.

X32FP is a cutdown version of both color and dimming zone to get a cheaper price at a faster response time which people seem to value the most on HDR?

Ironically once the response time is faster, the 8-bit panel loses more color close to a 4-year-old PG35VQ while the blooming control is worse on 512-zone IPS than the 512-zone VA.

You always get what you pay for. You should've had these monitors to compare not just X27 where the fan is not easily replaceable.

Like I said I haven't seen firmware issues....yet. If I do encounter stuff like in those videos then this monitor is going straight back. Yes it's not the brightest monitor but I'm seeking a balance between HDR performance and speed. My LG CX may have the speed but HDR performance by 2023's standards is starting to feel lackluster. With the X32 FP I don't feel like I'm giving up any speed but now have better HDR performance even if it isn't the best HDR performance. Again I'm looking to strike a balance and not just go all in on 1 metric. If you want the best HDR then yes I will say the PG32UQX is still the king in that regard. If you want the best motion clarity then those new 240Hz OLEDs or 540Hz TN or even CRT for the extreme end is where it's at but HDR on those displays is nonexistent. The X32 FP offers a compromise of both worlds, not delivering the best HDR nor the best motion clarity but a balanced middle ground.

Last edited:
This is wonderful thank you MistaSparkul. The motion clarity was one of my greatest concerns and it looks like it's excellent. This is great news!

One question: does the monitor switch to HDR mode automatically when it receives HDR content?

It doesn't seem to unfortunately. I set the picture mode to Standard and disabled AutoHDR in Windows. Firing up an HDR game, the game doesn't recognize the monitor as being HDR capable and will stick to SDR. As I mentioned though there isn't much drawback to just permanently leaving Windows HDR + monitor HDR on at all times. Maybe you'll lose a bit of color gamut/coverage or whatever but overall content looks appropriate enough, nothing oversaturated or washed out.

Are the issues that plagued the old X32FPs fixable via firmware, or is there actually a new revision of the monitor in the West?

What's the best way to test this? Honestly I've never been good at the blurbusters pwm test lol.
Use your phone. If you have a pro mode in your camera app, just turn the shutter speed down low and you'll see black bars moving across the screen. Slowmo video works too, just not as good.

Is this easier to spot on certain colored backgrounds?
If you're having a hard time finding it, that probably means we're safe.

My side monitors use pwm below 15, here's what it looks like with a shutter setting of 1/350 and ISO 800:

The 32GQ950 used high frequency, so it looked like much thinner grey bars.

Attachments

• Monitor PWM.jpg
    Monitor PWM.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you're having a hard time finding it, that probably means we're safe.

My side monitors use pwm below 15, here's what it looks like with a shutter setting of 1/350 and ISO 800:

The 32GQ950 used high frequency, so it looked like much thinner grey bars.

Well heres a picture I took at 10 brightness and the same settings of 1/350 and iso 800. I can't see anything. Have a video too.

Attachments

• 20230127_104814.jpg
    20230127_104814.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 0
Shutter 1/350, iso 800 cannot even catch sub 1000Hz OLED flicker.

Guys need ISO as high as possible, shutter as low as possible to capture anything useful.

Set the shutter below 1/3200 with ISO above 6400.

My phone cannot do ISO 6400, only 3200. And going to 1/4000 shutter it's so dark I can hardly even see anything. Here's the same picture with ISO 3200 1/3000 shutter speed.

Attachments

• 20230127_142408.jpg
    20230127_142408.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 1
So I decided to order the InnoCN 32M2V. Will probably return the X32 FP because man the price difference is just way too big to ignore now that I've had some time to think it over. Yeah the InnoCN will be slower but it doesn't seem to be as slow as the PG32UQX based on the pursuit photos, but given the price difference between the two I think I could care less. These days I only play slower eye candy games like A Plague Tale Requiem, Dead Space Remake, Witcher 3 Next Gen, etc. so response times matters less to me than it did before.

Screenshot_20230127_231109_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_231024_Amazon_Shopping.jpg

Thanks for your impressions MistaSparkul, very helpful for would be shoppers. I was wondering how you measured peak brightness because if you have a colorimeter that you used to do that you could use some open source software to do grayscale tracking and SDR color / gamut checks for the SDR in HDR mode.

Thanks for your impressions MistaSparkul, very helpful for would be shoppers. I was wondering how you measured peak brightness because if you have a colorimeter that you used to do that you could use some open source software to do grayscale tracking and SDR color / gamut checks for the SDR in HDR mode.

It was through Windows HDR Calibration tool. I'm not sure how accurate that is but it seems to be a good ballpark because my CX will clip at 750 nits and that is typically the peak brightness of those OLEDs. The X32 FP did not clip until 1280 nits.

I got my InnoCN 32" today and am pretty impressed overall. At this point can't imagine paying $2500+ for a PG32UQX.

Only real issues I've come across are that local dimming on desktop causes some artifacts but I'm in the minority who leaves it enabled for SDR. The other issue is sometimes it wakes up from sleep at some super low resolution.

Ok so after spending a few hours gaming on the X32 FP here's my initial thoughts, feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them but keep in mind I'm no professional monitor reviewer like RTings or MonitorsUnboxed:
  • Motion clarity is great. They fixed the massive overshoot problem that plagued the monitor last year. OD is locked when enabling VRR but it's looks to be dialed in pretty well as far as I can tell. I am running an RTX 4090 so my frame rates at 4K are pretty high though. 160Hz on this panel is comparable to my 120Hz OLED, maybe a little bit less clear in motion but overall I would say you aren't give up much in terms of motion clarity coming from a 120Hz OLED, and 160Hz feels like a step up in responsiveness over 120Hz.
Wow that testufo sample looks really nice. Wish we could have a 1152+ zone 32" panel with that kind of motion clarity. I'm debating going the other way now actually (from InnoCN to X32) after seeing your pictures,

Wow that testufo sample looks really nice. Wish we could have a 1152+ zone 32" panel with that kind of motion clarity. I'm debating going the other way now actually (from InnoCN to X32) after seeing your pictures,

Yeah it's pretty good for what it is so for anyone who wants that balance the X32 FP still looks like the best choice atm, it just needs to come down in price. I still love me some good motion clarity but after thinking about it for some time that X32 FP isn't going to be competing with monitors like the 240Hz OLEDs, 540Hz TN, etc. Heck it's not even on the same level as a Neo G8 so really for as good as it is I guess it still leaves much to be desired so I just don't find it worth it to spend nearly double the money over the InnoCN and still be left wanting more in the end. Both the X32 FP and 32M2V are just more stopgaps to something better so I'll go with the cheaper option to hold me over until that something better comes along like a fast 240Hz IPS with a 2304 zone FALD.

Yeah it's pretty good for what it is so for anyone who wants that balance the X32 FP still looks like the best choice atm, it just needs to come down in price. I still love me some good motion clarity but after thinking about it for some time that X32 FP isn't going to be competing with monitors like the 240Hz OLEDs, 540Hz TN, etc. Heck it's not even on the same level as a Neo G8 so really for as good as it is I guess it still leaves much to be desired so I just don't find it worth it to spend nearly double the money over the InnoCN and still be left wanting more in the end. Both the X32 FP and 32M2V are just more stopgaps to something better so I'll go with the cheaper option to hold me over until that something better comes along like a fast 240Hz IPS with a 2304 zone FALD.
Yeah that's what my reasoning was for going with the InnoCN to begin with. Its cheap enough that any big drawbacks don't really matter just as long as it holds me over until next year. Thinking it over though I like to sell my monitors when I'm done and if I plan to ditch the InnoCN in a year or so it will be really hard to sell IMO. Not only is its warranty a mystery but its also not exactly a household name. The Acer has a 3 year warranty and Acer is pretty decent with warranty. Might not matter for you if you plan to use it for 3+ years but I'm going to have to take that into consideration.

Here is the InnoCN for comparison which to me looks a couple generations behind. Slightly better than a PG32UQX but still too much smear for me personally. Then again at $899 who cares.

PXL_20230129_040843439.PORTRAIT.jpg

People still have no idea what they bought or how to test monitors.

It's obvious they can only talk from imagination or memory without the actual comparison to put monitor side by side.

32MV2 has PWM backlight. These UFO test picture wasn't even in sync with camera movement. Shutter speed will also greatly affect how it looks.

It's obvious they can only talk from imagination or memory without the actual comparison to put monitor side by side.

32MV2 has PWM backlight. These UFO test picture wasn't even in sync with camera movement. Shutter speed will also greatly affect how it looks.
PWM is 38khz who cares. These images aren't meant to be review grade samples. Its to provide a general idea of what its motion clarity looks like and does exactly that. The picture looks 90% what it looks like in person.

Nobody here is a professional reviewer. When you're done skull fucking your PG32UQX, you should get off your high horse.

PG32UQX's already passed its prime. Just let it go.

PG32UQX is a great monitor but it's still not perfect in the end. Something better will eventually land and I'd rather just buy a cheaper monitor for 1/3 the price but offer 90% the performance to hold me over which is what the 32M2V is. Seems like he's having a hard time understanding that. Nobody is saying InnoCN is better than the PG, it's just close enough while being much cheaper. If people would rather spend 3x the price to get slightly better performance that's on them. There are people would actually upgraded from a 3090 to a 3090 Ti after all, spent $2k just to get 10% more performance.

PWM is 38khz who cares. These images aren't meant to be review grade samples. Its to provide a general idea of what its motion clarity looks like and does exactly that. The picture looks 90% what it looks like in person.

Nobody here is a professional reviewer. When you're done skull fucking your PG32UQX, you should get off your high horse
Who said 38KHz is enough? It's way easier to have hotspot issues like this from a PMW backlight panel such as that AOC 1152-zone plus it is flickering.
A cheap PWM backlight can have problems faster than you think.
Screenshot_20230130-025420.jpg

And you talk like you don't have PG32UQX. Or you just had it for a few hours at launch then returned it with the rest of memory and imagination in your head.

What is the point paying $890 for a open-cell monitor that's not designed to last to still see worse images that you could've seen better two years earlier. How much value does that give? It's probably nothing for you or you just want to pay like this to swap on monitor every single year.

You don't want me to put a showcase of side by side comparison on how 32MV2 looks just like the real high-horse crap about OLED comparison I did before. I don't recall anybody found as many problems as I did. And I can get 32MV2 less than $750.

There need to be another 144Hz 2000+ zones IPS on the surface. AUO doesn't have the panel anytime soon. You probably won't even have it until 2025. LG and Samsung are all behind AUO. All you can do is to buy the cutdown ones that is not designed to last with tons of problems to saturate the market.

I'm still waiting for a review of the 32UQ750. I'd buy it and do it myself, but you can't get it in Canada yet.

Back