The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

I got the monitor to look really good with hdr on and adaptive dimming turned off but having adaptive dimming turned off kind of defeats the purpose of this monitor as that controls the FALD's. I do have to say gaming on this is amazing. I was playing MW2 and the HDR highlights were so noticeable and fun to game with. For those of you that have this monitor if you disable DSC you can see how noticeably brighter and uniform the monitor gets without any tuning and you can enable adaptive dimming and have it not look dull. I suspect Acer might need to work on that issue there.

I don't think that disabling DSC solves the problem, it simply cracks the algorithm that prefers darker tones to haloing

To be honest it's bugged, when I disabled DSC the image in HDR Windows mode got... dimmer.

Dimming is def broken on this monitor. In fact on black backgrounds you can clearly see the halo effect around the mouse which I know is a weakness to these panels so it's best to just disable dimming completely. Without the dimming zones and some tuning this monitor is pretty damn good looking. I'm leaning towards keeping it.

I've finally gotten my Acer X32FP! The monitor looks great but my issue is enabling HDR in games. It keeps saying the monitor does not support HDR. Does anyone know if I have to change any settings to enable it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I've finally gotten my Acer X32FP! The monitor looks great but my issue is enabling HDR in games. It keeps saying the monitor does not support HDR. Does anyone know if I have to change any settings to enable it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

You might have to enable HDR in Windows. Some games simply don't give you the option to enable HDR until it you enable it in Windows first.

You might have to enable HDR in Windows. Some games simply don't give you the option to enable HDR until it you enable it in Windows first.
Thank you! I've done the enabling and it works. Only issue is when I enable hdr on windows, the image looks very blue. Do you have the same issue ? I've tried changing settings but still looks blue

Thank you! I've done the enabling and it works. Only issue is when I enable hdr on windows, the image looks very blue. Do you have the same issue ? I've tried changing settings but still looks blue

If you update to the latest firmware you should be able to adjust the whitepoint while in HDR mode. The default whitepoint is way too cool and has an obvious blue tint that cannot be fixed on older firmware as enabling HDR locks you out of RGB controls.

If you update to the latest firmware you should be able to adjust the whitepoint while in HDR mode. The default whitepoint is way too cool and has an obvious blue tint that cannot be fixed on older firmware as enabling HDR locks you out of RGB controls.
Ah no wonder okays let me adjust the white point. I already have the latest firmware. Thanks!!

If cost is not a matter, Is the PG32UQX as of now the best 4K 32" monitor available? I don't game that much (but I sometimes do) and mostly I'll be using the monitor for photo editing and regular stuff. I would like the best of the best monitor. Currently, my monitor is a BENQ SW321C, but I find it lacks more brightness in SDR mode (not even talking HDR). I saw at BHPHOTO store the OLED LG 32EP950, and it was good but not extraordinary, the NEC PA311D was amazing, the best, but said monitor is not currently on sale as "new". The Apple Pro Display XDR it's nice, and I like the glossy screen, but I don't like the idea of paying that much for a monitor that it's a pain to used with a Windows PC.
Any suggestions of a better monitor then that the PG32UQX? Do you know which features would I be missing when the PG32UQXR is being available? Thank you very much! Best regards,

If cost is not a matter, Is the PG32UQX as of now the best 4K 32" monitor available? I don't game that much (but I sometimes do) and mostly I'll be using the monitor for photo editing and regular stuff. I would like the best of the best monitor. Currently, my monitor is a BENQ SW321C, but I find it lacks more brightness in SDR mode (not even talking HDR). I saw at BHPHOTO store the OLED LG 32EP950, and it was good but not extraordinary, the NEC PA311D was amazing, the best, but said monitor is not currently on sale as "new". The Apple Pro Display XDR it's nice, and I like the glossy screen, but I don't like the idea of paying that much for a monitor that it's a pain to used with a Windows PC.
Any suggestions of a better monitor then that the PG32UQX? Do you know which features would I be missing when the PG32UQXR is being available? Thank you very much! Best regards,

Maybe the PA32UCG would be a better option for you.

None of the FALD IPS/VA MiniLEDs out there are matching 32EP950/JOLED True RGB OLED in IQ, PQ, Colour Quality, and Colour Accuracy.

There's a comparison out there of FALD-IPS PG32UQX and PG27UQ getting outperformed by WRGB-OLED C9 and CX in photo-video tasks involving accuracy.

None of the FALD IPS/VA MiniLEDs out there are matching 32EP950/JOLED True RGB OLED in IQ, PQ, Colour Quality, and Colour Accuracy.

There's a comparison out there of FALD-IPS PG32UQX and PG27UQ getting outperformed by WRGB-OLED C9 and CX in photo-video tasks involving accuracy.
Thank you! That's interesting, I'll take a look. I'd like a BRIGHT monitor, so I would double-check how bright the 32EP950 is in comparison to the PG32UQX.

I picked up the Acer X32 FP towards the end of last week. I am using it as a secondary monitor side by side with my Viewsonic XG321UG for my PC setup. With the help of the TFT review, I was more or less able to match the color and brightness of the Viewsonic’s default HDR colors and settings.

Positives - Brightness and color are great on the Acer. Obviously, the highlights and darks of the HDR for the Acer are bit less than the Viewsonic due to the Acer having half the amount of dimming zones (and lack of GSYNC Ultimate), but haloing is much less pronounced on the Acer.
  • HDMI 2.1 and HDR perform great for the PS5 as well.
  • Note that the Acer does have some kind antiglare coating which makes colors appear dimmer and less accurate from side viewing angles, but this also helps for those with bright rooms.
  • The Type-C input and KVM handle great when I have to use my work laptop on my work-from-home days; it switches keyboard and mouse automatically when I change the video input to the Type-C. I could be wrong, but I think the KVM only works if you switch between Type-C and Other (HDMI x4, DisplayPort x1); there is no automatic KVM option if you switch between the HDMIs and/or the DisplayPort.
Big Negative - My main issue is the lack of Deep Sleep settings in the OSD menu for the input ports. It is pretty frustrating that every time you power down the monitor, put the monitor to sleep, or change inputs away from the PC then change inputs back to the PC, Windows thinks that you are unplugging and reconnecting the monitor; this causes all monitors to go black for a few seconds, refreshes all inputs, and then resizes most of your windows and forces them onto your primary monitor. Numerous times, this refreshing has caused my PC to lock up, forcing me to do a hard reboot.
  • Both my Viewsonic XG321UG and my Acer Predator X35 do not have this issue; both have options to disable Deep Sleep in the OSD. It is disappointing that such a high end monitor would be lacking such important options.
Do most of the new HDMI 2.1 high end monitors lack the Deep Sleep settings to deal with the Hot Plug Detection issue with Windows? I hope there is a firmware update to fix this for the Acer X32 FP. Right now I am looking for hardware that can keep the signal active during input changes.

Last edited:
I picked up the Acer X32 FP towards the end of last week. I am using it as a secondary monitor side by side with my Viewsonic XG321UG for my PC setup. With the help of the TFT review, I was more or less able to match the color and brightness of the Viewsonic’s default HDR colors and settings.

Positives - Brightness and color are great on the Acer. Obviously, the highlights and darks of the HDR for the Acer are bit less than the Viewsonic due to the Acer having half the amount of dimming zones (and lack of GSYNC Ultimate), but haloing is much less pronounced on the Acer.
  • Note that the Acer does have some kind antiglare coating which makes colors appear dimmer and less accurate from side viewing angles, but this also helps for those with bright rooms.
  • The Type-C input and KVM handle great when I have to use my work laptop on my work-from-home days; it switches keyboard and mouse automatically when I change the video input to the Type-C. I could be wrong, but I think the KVM only works if you switch between Type-C and Other (HDMI x4, DisplayPort x1); there is no automatic KVM option if you switch between the HDMIs and/or the DisplayPort.
Big Negative - My main issue is the lack of Deep Sleep settings in the OCD menu for the input ports. It is pretty frustrating that every time you power down the monitor, put the monitor to sleep, or change inputs away from the PC then change inputs back to the PC, Windows thinks that you are unplugging and reconnecting the monitor; this causes all monitors to go black for a few seconds, refreshes all inputs, and then resizes most of your windows and forces them onto your primary monitor. Numerous times, this refreshing has caused my PC to lock up, forcing me to do a hard reboot.
  • Both my Viewsonic XG321UG and my Acer Predator X35 do not have this issue; both have options to disable Deep Sleep in the OCD. It is disappointing that such a high end monitor would be lacking such important options.
Do most of the new HDMI 2.1 high end monitors lack the Deep Sleep settings to deal with the Hot Plug Detection issue with Windows? I hope there is a firmware update to fix this for the Acer X32 FP. Right now I am looking at hardware that will keep the signal active during input changes.
What is white screen uniformity difference like?

I do have to say the OSD is pretty bad on this monitor especially when compared to the LG 950 I had before I purchased this one. LG 950 would do auto HDR this does not. The OSD reminds me of the really old Korean IPS monitor menus from like 8 years ago. I'm still on the fence if I will keep the X32FP. It's a shame because the actual screen potential is there.

I do have to say the OSD is pretty bad on this monitor especially when compared to the LG 950 I had before I purchased this one. LG 950 would do auto HDR this does not. The OSD reminds me of the really old Korean IPS monitor menus from like 8 years ago. I'm still on the fence if I will keep the X32FP. It's a shame because the actual screen potential is there.

I had one of those Korean monitors (Yamakasi Catleap) and it didn't even have an OSD at all :D

Has anyone been able to compare the X32 FP with a Dell U3223QE for pure office work?

I have a U3223QE today, and I’m considering replacing it with a X32 FP so that it serves the needs of both work and gaming. I love how good the U3223QE looks for productivity-based tasks, and am hoping that the X32 FP looks just as good with local dimming disabled for SDR.

Thank you! That's interesting, I'll take a look. I'd like a BRIGHT monitor, so I would double-check how bright the 32EP950 is in comparison to the PG32UQX.
HDR 400 is not comparable to HDR1400.

32EP950 OLED is just a regular HDR400 monitor with much limited range compared to HDR1400. It doesn't even look like PA32DC which is close to HDR600. PA32UCG is a HDR1400 professional monitor with accurate brightness on all window size. But it has slower backlight speed without G-sync. So the larger square shape bloom is more pronounced compared to PG32UQX.

Big Negative - My main issue is the lack of Deep Sleep settings in the OSD menu for the input ports. It is pretty frustrating that every time you power down the monitor, put the monitor to sleep, or change inputs away from the PC then change inputs back to the PC, Windows thinks that you are unplugging and reconnecting the monitor; this causes all monitors to go black for a few seconds, refreshes all inputs, and then resizes most of your windows and forces them onto your primary monitor. Numerous times, this refreshing has caused my PC to lock up, forcing me to do a hard reboot.
  • Both my Viewsonic XG321UG and my Acer Predator X35 do not have this issue; both have options to disable Deep Sleep in the OSD. It is disappointing that such a high end monitor would be lacking such important options.
Do most of the new HDMI 2.1 high end monitors lack the Deep Sleep settings to deal with the Hot Plug Detection issue with Windows? I hope there is a firmware update to fix this for the Acer X32 FP. Right now I am looking for hardware that can keep the signal active during input changes.

Do you feel that ViewSonic worth's the additional money considering the fact that it has a much slower panel than the Acer ?
Another cons for me on the ViewSonic is the built in fan that will became noisy sooner or later.

Do you feel that ViewSonic worth's the additional money considering the fact that it has a much slower panel than the Acer ?
Another cons for me on the ViewSonic is the built in fan that will became noisy sooner or later.
At the ~$2K MSRP for ViewSonic, it is not worth it as a lot of the technology is outdated. If you can grab it used or open box at around $1.5k, I would say it is a better pick over the Acer X32. The fans are very YMMV, as people have different tolerance levels for white noise, but fans are necessary for true G-Sync Modules.

The G-Sync Ultimate and the extra bright HDR make the ViewSonic pretty much plug and play, works great out of the box; I believe the G-Sync handles the HDR algorithm and overall it is a much more polished experience if you add in the other features in the OSD.

If you are willing to spend the ~$2K, I would wait and pick up the Asus G-Sync Ultimate iteration using a similar panel as the Acer X32. If they actually release it with G-Sync Ultimate, I would expect it to be in the ViewSonic MSRP range +~$500 (the Viewsonic is similar to the current ASUS PG32UQX). When that unit comes out, the current ViewSonic XG321UG and the Asus PG32UQX would probably go down in price a bit as well and you can save money if you are still considering the ViewSonic.

Last edited:
Here in (western) Europe, Acer Predator X32FP currently seems like a no brainer 32" FALD for work and play. Here's why:

Asus PG32UQX: $4000, hard to find, slow outdated screen, no powered USB-C for work.
ViewSonic XG321UG: $3500, same outdated screen, no USB-C.
Innocn 32MV2: price unknown, not available until maybe July 2023...unclear. USB-C is there though as are 1000+ zones, but apparently also slow screen. Atrocious design though IMO.
Samsung Neo G7: $1200, this is the VA panel, but the HDR and FALD are top notch in games. No powered USB-C. The curve is absolutely horrific as is the Samsung quality. You will return it, as I did.
LG 32GQ950: $1300 is super fast and looks great in SDR, but no FALD and HDR is so bad you will never turn it on. Again, no powered USB-C. Feels like a huge waste of cash. Returned.
Finally, Acer Predator X32FP: 1500-1700$, but not that widely available. Its FALD and HDR sound very good and it's very fast, if the reviewers are to be trusted. Has powered USB-C for work.

NVidia G-Sync Ultimate seems dead in the water tech, so I would be really surprised if the ASUS' version of Acer X32FP would have one. ASUS are certainly dragging their feet about that monitor...

Last edited:
X32FP review fom TFTCentral is up: https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer-predator-x32-fp

The monitor performs fine at 160Hz with VRR enabled but overshoot actually becomes a problem at 120fps and below. Very fast panel though compared to the PG32UQX.

1680542147525.png
1680542163776.png

PQ EOTF is definitely not super accurate so the overall picture is dimmer than it should be. And as expected there is no blooming because the highlights are dimmed to 650 nits for a 1% window and 739 nits for a 2% window.

1680542326765.png

1680542341228.png

And of course, switching between HDR and SDR is finnicky:

1680542440484.png

Now I'm even more glad I returned it and settled for the 32M2V lol. I would still say it's a good monitor but it's going to require some calibration work and you need to be able to put up with the cumbersome mode switching.

Last edited:
I'm playing Hogwarts Legacy on X32FP at the moment and I need sunglasses from time to time to look at the monitor.

This monitor is extremely bright in HDR.

It's obvious that the monitor is faster at 160Hz than 120Hz and that 120Hz starts presenting a little bit of ghosting while viewing it with special equipments, but with naked eyes I can't see any ghosting sincerely. This monitor is FAST.

With 60Hz overshoot is atrocious. In OV2 menus even when moving the cursor very fast it leaves lots of ghosting. I would very much prefer the ability to disable the overdrive completely.
That saying I got used to other gimmicks of this panel because when it works and set up in the way you wan it to be - it's great in the end.
Just the constant fiddling, switching and setting it up for different use scenarios is tiring.

With 60Hz overshoot is atrocious. In OV2 menus even when moving the cursor very fast it leaves lots of ghosting. I would very much prefer the ability to disable the overdrive completely.
That saying I got used to other gimmicks of this panel because when it works and set up in the way you wan it to be - it's great in the end.
Just the constant fiddling, switching and setting it up for different use scenarios is tiring.

I agree, at 60Hz the overshoot is bad, I hope that Acer will fix it but considering their past, I doubt it.
the strange thing is that overshoot is worse at 60Hz than at 50Hz.

Yeah I don't get this trend of locking overdrive settings when paired with adaptive sync. Samsung does this in an even weirder way where if you disable adaptive sync, change overdrive setting, turn on adaptive sync again it sticks to the selected setting. Like why? Just let the user select it, maybe mark one as "recommended for VRR" or something.

I swear the display firmware and OSD developers are not the best at their field when every display manufacturer has severe issues with the same stuff.

Yeah I don't get this trend of locking overdrive settings when paired with adaptive sync. Samsung does this in an even weirder way where if you disable adaptive sync, change overdrive setting, turn on adaptive sync again it sticks to the selected setting. Like why? Just let the user select it, maybe mark one as "recommended for VRR" or something.

I swear the display firmware and OSD developers are not the best at their field when every display manufacturer has severe issues with the same stuff.

it's just a bug of the firmware.

Acer told me that they will release a new firmware that will fix the "over drive" locked in the near future, a firmware upgrade that will fix this is coming in the next weeks.

This is very very very welcomed.

Did they mention anything else that they will be fixing? I still think HDR is broken on this unit.

I ordered the PG32UQX from Amazon when it came out and returned it. For productivity work I just didn't like the very noticeable backlight following my cursor around on a black background when I am writing code in Visual Studio.

I also game, so eventually I just compromised and bought a couple of Dell G3223Q's. Dell monitors have always served me well and are pretty ordinary looking; I dislike gamer "bling" styled monitors. My previous pair of monitors were UP3216Q's. I wish they had blacker blacks, though, as when I walk into the room with the lights off, backlight does make the display look glowy grey.

I saw that the U3223QEs came out but they are not 144 Hz. I game enough that I can't do without the 144 Hz refresh rate now that I'm used to it. If I had to go back to 60 Hz it would be for one of those new 8K monitors (I really like the look of high dpi for productivity work).

I'd be willing to pay top dollar for something truly exceptional, but there doesn't seem to be anything there yet. OLED could have burn-in issues for productivity, MiniLED monitors don't currently have enough zones to do away with the light following my cursor around.

I'd like something with better contrast than the G3223Q. Maybe if they made a U3223QE with a 144 Hz panel.

I ordered the PG32UQX from Amazon when it came out and returned it. For productivity work I just didn't like the very noticeable backlight following my cursor around on a black background when I am writing code in Visual Studio.

I also game, so eventually I just compromised and bought a couple of Dell G3223Q's. Dell monitors have always served me well and are pretty ordinary looking; I dislike gamer "bling" styled monitors. My previous pair of monitors were UP3216Q's. I wish they had blacker blacks, though, as when I walk into the room with the lights off, backlight does make the display look glowy grey.

I saw that the U3223QEs came out but they are not 144 Hz. I game enough that I can't do without the 144 Hz refresh rate now that I'm used to it. If I had to go back to 60 Hz it would be for one of those new 8K monitors (I really like the look of high dpi for productivity work).

I'd be willing to pay top dollar for something truly exceptional, but there doesn't seem to be anything there yet. OLED could have burn-in issues for productivity, MiniLED monitors don't currently have enough zones to do away with the light following my cursor around.

I'd like something with better contrast than the G3223Q. Maybe if they made a U3223QE with a 144 Hz panel.
Why were you in HDR mode when using the monitor for programming? There's no halo around the cursor in SDR mode.

I do agree the halo effect isn't as visible in SDR mode but with adaptive dimming on, the mouse cursor looks very washed out and hard to see.

Funny enough I have the G3223Q monitor next to the Acer predator. The colors look very similar. When in HDR mode on the desktop the contrast seems better on the dell over the acer when adaptive dimming is turned off. Gaming wise no contest the Acer is superior. I've been staying in SDR mode where both displays look great on the desktop and then will use the Win + Alt + B hot key to quickly go into HDR before I game. I purchased two of these acers but I think I will be keeping one and keeping the dell as my secondary dual monitor. With the possible announcement of a 32 inch 4k 240hz OLED on the horizon it doesn't make sense for me to spend the money on two of these acers. I got a really good deal on the dell. Currently at 650 plus 120 cash back with Amex.

Back