The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

The gamut coverages and vibrancy of that monitor are excellent though, extremely wide and even surpassed that of PG32UQX and AW3423DW. Black, contrast, matte finish, response time, input lag, black light bleeding, halo, blooming, and poor HDR are what destroyed that monitor.

And what about M32U srgb mode with Smart OD locked? Since there is not a single variable overdrive mode.

Honestly having used PG32UQ for almost a year I can safely say that it's not "slow", it's "slower" than Innolux alternative but it is very much adequate for it's refresh rate. The panel otherwise is great, much better than Innolux one in color and a tad worse in contrast - or black level at least.

The issue is that the monitor itself is rather subpar in build and design quality and feels a lot like a budget product in beta testing phase.
You will find out these monitors, especially with G-sync get even faster after upgrading to a 4090 where the total input lag is cut down to half.
This is the first time people can frag a 1-click headshot on a 32" 4K 144Hz the way did on a 25" 1080P 240Hz.

You will find out these monitors, especially with G-sync get even faster after upgrading to a 4090 where the total input lag is cut down to half.
Panels do not get faster from outputting more fps. If anything you're more likely to notice panel motion blur at higher fps as the panel won't be able to complete pixel transitions in time more often.

Panels do not get faster from outputting more fps. If anything you're more likely to notice panel motion blur at higher fps as the panel won't be able to complete pixel transitions in time more often.
Pretty funny the input lag is obvious from 20ms 4K 144Hz with a 100% load 3090 vs 13ms 4K 144Hz with a 50% load 4090.
Rendering latency has the most impact on the total input latency. You will find out the difference after upgrading a 4090.

It's like you don't really need a 4090 to play games in 4K/144Hz. What are you even talking about?
Better reduce input lag first.
At 4K/144Hz, the total input lag is more important than response time.
A 4ms PG32UQ with 50% load 4090 at 144fps with 13ms input lag will be faster than a 1ms M32U with 100% load 3090 at 144fps with 20ms input lag.

Long-time reader, first-time poster here. I'm on the verge of buying a Viewsonic XG321UG (though I'm not celebrating the price, which is over 2x the most I've ever paid for a monitor previously), based on my preference for a 32" 4K 144hz HDR gaming monitor with less severe backlight bleed. My question: are there any better new monitors (meaning more dimming zones/same capabilities at the same price/etc) which will be launched anytime soon (the next ~6 months)? I can't seem to find anything, and it surprises me how stagnant the high-end gaming monitor space has become...

Long-time reader, first-time poster here. I'm on the verge of buying a Viewsonic XG321UG (though I'm not celebrating the price, which is over 2x the most I've ever paid for a monitor previously), based on my preference for a 32" 4K 144hz HDR gaming monitor with less severe backlight bleed. My question: are there any better new monitors (meaning more dimming zones/same capabilities at the same price/etc) which will be launched anytime soon (the next ~6 months)? I can't seem to find anything, and it surprises me how stagnant the high-end gaming monitor space has become...
Wait a week or two. There will be some news from CES at least.

How is Dell G3223Q? There are almost no reviews or people barely talk about it. It has a different panel from AUO, not the slower one and the image retention issue which I read that it was fixed in a firmware update, but I didnt understand that if it was fixed that there is non le retention or its still there but lower.
And also XG32UQ no one talks about it or reviews. I saw the single issue being with red pixels being visible in dark text and if this is fixable by a firmware update.

Which one?

Dell - G3223Q

BENQ - EX3210U

Corsair - 32UHD144

ASUS - PG32UQR
ASUS - XG32UQ
I'd pick EX3210U because of BenQ aesthetic + additional gaming features other monitors do not have. The HDRi feature is tempting even though it's not True HDR like on OLEDs and FALD IPS-VA Mini-LEDs.

ROG Swift PG32UQXR arrives as the first ROG-branded monitor to support the DisplayPort 2.1 interface (it also supports HDMI 2.1). The 32-inch monitor sports mini LED backlighting for improved contrast and a 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution panel with a 160 Hz refresh rate. Asus says that the FALD backlighting features 576 independent zones, can hit a maximum of 1000 nits brightness and achieves 95 percent of the DCI-P3 color gamut.

Source: Tom's Hardware

So I guess this is what has been in limbo for like half a year or something. I hope the price is a lot cheaper than the PG32UQX. With proper HDR capable IPS models being rare, it's good to have more options.

ROG Swift PG32UQXR arrives as the first ROG-branded monitor to support the DisplayPort 2.1 interface (it also supports HDMI 2.1). The 32-inch monitor sports mini LED backlighting for improved contrast and a 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution panel with a 160 Hz refresh rate. Asus says that the FALD backlighting features 576 independent zones, can hit a maximum of 1000 nits brightness and achieves 95 percent of the DCI-P3 color gamut.

Source: Tom's Hardware

So I guess this is what has been in limbo for like half a year or something. I hope the price is a lot cheaper than the PG32UQX. With proper HDR capable IPS models being rare, it's good to have more options.

Is that monitor supposed to be the PG32UQXE? The one that was literally announced an entire year ago at CES 2022: https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/asus-...reased-160hz-refresh-rate-and-amled-backlight

Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out this year and then makes another appearance at CES 2024 as the PG32UQXT or something.

Is that monitor supposed to be the PG32UQXE? The one that was literally announced an entire year ago at CES 2022: https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/asus-...reased-160hz-refresh-rate-and-amled-backlight

Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out this year and then makes another appearance at CES 2024 as the PG32UQXT or something.
dont worry, more vaporware's - both the X32 FP and PG32UQXE have been hyped for too long (~18 months). someone rightfully joked that even their kid since birth has now started to walk but these are to be found nowhere......

A high-end product is deigned to stand against time. Nobody else can make it the same level for at least another year.
But I need to remind you that XG321UG has about 600nits fulfilled unlike 900nits compared to PG32UQX. That's the major price difference.

Pretty interesting ASUS had been waiting for G-sync for too long to use it on PG32UQX variations..
They are mid tier after all. The typical scenario never ends where the hype always goes to a mid-tier product without G-sync.
But it is at least a true HDR 1000 monitor unlike OLED sdr-level "HDR".

This was confirmed to be nothing more than a prototype and won't go into mass production in a few years at least. Nothing to get excited about unfortunately besides that it exists.

If it takes that long then hopefully they add DP 2.1 and up the refresh rate to 240Hz!

I know this is for 32 inchers, but I am looking at the m28u which is essentially the same as the m32u which really won't fit on my desk well. Anyone using it and if so does the gsync compatible mode work without issues? I have not had any kind of adaptive display before.

does the gsync compatible mode work without issues
I don't see why it wouldn't.
The biggest "issue" is that since the monitor isn't certified by Nvidia you will need to re-enable Gsync manually after each driver update.
Also note that Gsync will only work on DP connection.

Like many others I've been patiently awaiting a 32" 4K 144Hz without too many compromises at a decent price. I've been close to pulling the trigger on the LG 32GQ950 when there's a sale, but I noticed the LG 32UQ750 released recently which shares a lot of the same features, plus USB-C. It's a VA panel which I don't have much experience with, but using it 90% of the time for productivity I'm hoping it would tide me over while waiting for OLED or MiniLED models. Would I be looking at much of a downgrade or impact in quality coming from an IPS?

I also noticed the Acer X32 FP is up on Amazon US.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
A high-end product is deigned to stand against time. Nobody else can make it the same level for at least another year.
But I need to remind you that XG321UG has about 600nits fulfilled unlike 900nits compared to PG32UQX. That's the major price difference.

Pretty interesting ASUS had been waiting for G-sync for too long to use it on PG32UQX variations..
They are mid tier after all. The typical scenario never ends where the hype always goes to a mid-tier product without G-sync.
But it is at least a true HDR 1000 monitor unlike OLED sdr-level "HDR".
Where did you see the such low fullfield brightness numbers for XG321UG?

Tom's Hardware actually measured it highter than PG32UQX and at 1300 nits to boot:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/viewsonic-elite-xg321ug-review/5

Where did you see the such low fullfield brightness numbers for XG321UG?

Tom's Hardware actually measured it highter than PG32UQX and at 1300 nits to boot:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/viewsonic-elite-xg321ug-review/5
I saw it at the same link where it stated the sustained fullfield HDR brightness will eventually drop to 550nits.
But that line is deleted now. I wonder why it is deleted.
I also asked the VESA DisplayHDR Test info to show the parameters.
The new ViewSonic 1152-zone HDR1000 VX2781-4K-Pro 4K 160Hz has the same behavior.

Like many others I've been patiently awaiting a 32" 4K 144Hz without too many compromises at a decent price. I've been close to pulling the trigger on the LG 32GQ950 when there's a sale, but I noticed the LG 32UQ750 released recently which shares a lot of the same features, plus USB-C. It's a VA panel which I don't have much experience with, but using it 90% of the time for productivity I'm hoping it would tide me over while waiting for OLED or MiniLED models. Would I be looking at much of a downgrade or impact in quality coming from an IPS?

I also noticed the Acer X32 FP is up on Amazon US.
That X32 FP is interesting. Looks like it captures the magic of the PG27UQ/X27 (less haloing vs PG32UQX due to fewer zones) and improves it in terms of HDR brightness and pixel response. Once it drops to $999, it would be a great buy. PG32UQXR or whatever its Asus equivalent is using the same panel will probably be $1499.

That X32 FP is interesting. Looks like it captures the magic of the PG27UQ/X27 (less haloing vs PG32UQX due to fewer zones) and improves it in terms of HDR brightness and pixel response. Once it drops to $999, it would be a great buy. PG32UQXR or whatever its Asus equivalent is using the same panel will probably be $1499.

Seems this is available here in Finland as well but at a hefty 1599 euro price. Some stores say it should ship on the 23rd.

For reference the Neo G7 and G8 sell for 1299 and 1499 but have gone as low as 899 and 999 respectively during end of year sales.

At about 1000-1200 euros I might be interested in the X32 FP or the Asus equivalent. Seems like the X32 FP has been really delayed because based on a TFTCentral news article this was announced in December 2021 with estimated availability in Q2/3 2022.

Seems this is available here in Finland as well but at a hefty 1599 euro price. Some stores say it should ship on the 23rd.

For reference the Neo G7 and G8 sell for 1299 and 1499 but have gone as low as 899 and 999 respectively during end of year sales.

At about 1000-1200 euros I might be interested in the X32 FP or the Asus equivalent. Seems like the X32 FP has been really delayed because based on a TFTCentral news article this was announced in December 2021 with estimated availability in Q2/3 2022.
I think the monitor has gone through a few changes. It was originally a X32 which was a clone of the PG32UQX but it looks like it was abandoned and then re-announced as a X32 S with no Gsync module and HDMI 2.0 ports. Finally it was announced again as a X32 FP with HDMI 2.1 ports and 576 zone backlight instead of 512. This monitors life has been pretty bizarre.

EDIT: the fact that they so heavily promoted the Freesync Premium Pro branding and it having no Gsync Compatible certification is scary. Chances are its a flickerfest in VRR as well as all sorts of potential FALD/pixel response anomolies with VRR enabled.

Last edited:
The Acer X32 FP has been discussed here already. There is a review of it in Japanese as well some user experiences of it on Reddit:

https://jisakuhibi.jp/review/acer-predator-x32-fp
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/vx1uku/acer_x32_fp_user_experience_great_picture_very/

The monitor has some issues which is probably why it's been delayed so long and even if said issues are fixed, it's now a case of too little too late. The Samsung Neo G7 was selling for as low as $800, has twice the number of dimming zones, and is probably a faster panel. Only if Acer drops it to $999 then will it even be worst considering like you guys mention but seeing as it's suppose to retail for $1800 that is unlikely to happen.

Yeah I think even its $1354 price right now on Amazon is too high but if HDR matters there is no contest between the Neo G7 and X32. Neo G7 barely cracks 400nits on highlights in content while the X32 does 1200nits all day and doesn't have the washed out colors of the Samsung. $999 is where it should be.

Acer released a firmware update yesterday so hopefully if those issues from that review haven't already been addressed, they are now.

Yeah I think even its $1354 price right now on Amazon is too high but if HDR matters there is no contest between the Neo G7 and X32. Neo G7 barely cracks 400nits on highlights in content while the X32 does 1200nits all day and doesn't have the washed out colors of the Samsung. $999 is where it should be.

Acer released a firmware update yesterday so hopefully if those issues from that review haven't already been addressed, they are now.
NeoG7Brightness.png

The Neo G7 gets plenty bright for highlights, it just lags for full screen brightness. I don't know what people are looking at where they need sustained 1200 nits full screen. I own one I can tell you I have to turn the local dimming down to auto a good deal of the time because my eyes start to hurt after a while. I can't find any good reviews on the Acer so I can't speak on that subject. Local dimming should be superior on the Samsung due to 2x the zone count, so there's that. Also depends on if you can stand the curve. I only paid 700 bucks for mine, I don't think it's worth more than 1k and 800 would be a good price. Really, the biggest factor with the display is whether or not you like the curve. I actually kind of don't mind it at all, but I can see how people wouldn't want it (I would still prefer non-curved at this size).

Last edited:
View attachment 542416
The Neo G7 gets plenty bright for highlights, it just lags for full screen brightness. I don't know what people are looking at where they need sustained 1200 nits full screen. I own one I can tell you I have to turn the local dimming down to auto a good deal of the time because my eyes start to hurt after a while. I can't find any good reviews on the Acer so I can't speak on that subject. Local dimming should be superior on the Samsung due to 2x the zone count, so there's that. Also depends on if you can stand the curve. I only paid 700 bucks for mine, I don't think it's worth more than 1k and 800 would be a good price. Really, the biggest factor with the display is whether or not you like the curve. I actually kind of don't mind it at all, but I can see how people wouldn't want it (I would still prefer non-curved at this size).

I believe the real scene brightness is dimmer vs test patterns but I don't own the monitor so I can't give proper input on that. Anyways I also find it both hilarious and sad that here we are in 2023 and are looking forward to a monitor that was announced 3 years ago at CES 2020. The mini LED monitor front as been moving horribly slow.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1530...onitor-w1152zone-mini-led-fald-gsync-ultimate

I own a Neo G8. It's completely incapable of "highlights." Real scene measured in content (roughly a 10% highlight) and not test slides where the monitor cheats - a whopping 416nits. That's also ignoring how horrifically inaccurate the EOTF is. Its an HDR400 monitor with really deep blacks thanks to high zone count FALD and great native contrast. I actually think that in HDR my C2 is brighter most of the time.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 134954.png

I believe the real scene brightness is dimmer vs test patterns but I don't own the monitor so I can't give proper input on that. Anyways I also find it both hilarious and sad that here we are in 2023 and are looking forward to a monitor that was announced 3 years ago at CES 2020. The mini LED monitor front as been moving horribly slow.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1530...onitor-w1152zone-mini-led-fald-gsync-ultimate
Yeah I think it is sad and my excitement for it may be just nostalgia from how big an impact the PG27UQ had on me. It was really the first monitor to deliver HDR and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Even more sad is that it to this day almost 5 years on still outperforms modern stuff like the Coolermaster mini-led monitors.

Yeah I think it is sad and my excitement for it may be just nostalgia from how big an impact the PG27UQ had on me. It was really the first monitor to deliver HDR and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Even more sad is that it to this day almost 5 years on still outperforms modern stuff like the Coolermaster mini-led monitors.
I think less "haloing" is not true. I have BOTH the X27 and currently Xg321UG. I have compared them rigorously side-by-side, elbow-to-elbow as it were..

The X27 does have haloing but it is less noticeable because of its lower peak brightness and larger dimming zones which subsequently hurt its overall contrast with local dimming active. I felt the same as you SoCali and was nostalgic about the X27 until I put them next to each other. I can confirm they are close but the overall color volume and depth of the newer 32-inchers is superior in the end (I cannot speak for the Coolermaster).

By the way, I still have my X27 if someone wants to buy it from me :]

PG27UQ/X27 really were future proof monitors, I have zero regrets buying one at launch and holding onto it to this day. Honestly if the X32 FP has all it's issues fixed then I will just get one if it ever drops to that $999 price point since it does improve upon the X27 in every metric (576 dimming zones vs 384, 32" vs 27", 160Hz 4:4:4: vs 120Hz 4:4:4).

I own a Neo G8. It's completely incapable of "highlights." Real scene measured in content (roughly a 10% highlight) and not test slides where the monitor cheats - a whopping 416nits. That's also ignoring how horrifically inaccurate the EOTF is. Its an HDR400 monitor with really deep blacks thanks to high zone count FALD and great native contrast. I actually think that in HDR my C2 is brighter most of the time.

View attachment 542455
For reference the AW QD-OLED in "real scene" is 484 cd/m². Rtings LG C2 review uses a different, more specific system so not comparable to this.

My Samsung G70A, which is literally incapable of above 400 nits brightness in anything and has a miserable 8-zone backlight gets a "real scene" rating of 315 cd/m². So I'm not quite sure how to actually compare the real scene here.

The Samsung CRG9 I had also scores higher in this test section as it is capable of very high 1000 nits brightness. But I would never, ever say it's HDR is good because it has even more miserable local dimming than the G70A when the whole superultrawide is covered by a mere 10 dimming zones.

Similarly the LG 32GQ950 scores high here but that's a 32-zone edge lit dimmed display.

So just purely looking at these numbers is not telling the whole story. I haven't tried the Neo G8 so can't say how it behaves in practice.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BCK1K44F?ref=emc_p_m_6_i&th=1

1674152302757.png

Stumbled upon this while checking out r/monitors earlier. Looks interesting but I have no idea who INNOCN is or how good/bad this thing is or will be. I'll try to find out more googling around. If it becomes available and at $999 or less I'll get one just to check it out since it's Amazon anyways.

Couldn't find any real reviews on it but managed to find some additional specs: https://esportsomg-com.translate.goog/products/innocn-32m2v-32吋ips-4k-uhd-160hz-mini-led-顯示器?_x_tr_sl=zh-TW&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

1152 dimming zones and a 160Hz refresh rate that is most likely an OC refresh rate. Anyways the converted price of 7000HK to USD comes out to $900 which would make it a no brainer as long as HDR + VRR works at the same time without issue unlike recently released monitors like the Cooler Master GP27U.

Last edited:
5 years later. Nobody makes PG27UQ at the same level.
There aren't many monitors like this with custom boards with 384 chips to individually fine-tune each dimming zone. There aren't many panels with this much color either.
The only issue I had is a fan replacement for half a decade.
It is an engineering marvel.

IMG_20230118_083842.jpg

IMG_20230118_084403.jpg

IMG_20230118_090557.jpg

IMG_20230118_093502.jpg

IMG_20230118_093612.jpg

IMG_20230118_093605.jpg

IMG_20230120_011252.jpg

IMG_20230120_023827.jpg

Put PG27UQ next to PG32UQX for good measure in case of pure imagination.
699977_52236072003_1cc037169c_o_d.png

PG27UQ doesn't look that good compared to PG32UQX. The backlight is lifted. The small dots highlights are also further dimmed, yet it still has more haloing due to less dimming zones. So the overall contrast is lower.

Back