The 32 inch 4k IPS 144hz's...(Update - this party is started) (wait for it...)

Your point being? AHVA is what AUO is calling their IPS panels.
Panel p/n for X32 FP is M320QAN02.8
Panel p/n for PG32UQ is M320QAN02.3
Panel p/n for PG32UQX is M320QAN02.6
Note the similarities.
Correct. I was quick with the post.
Also yes, the same panel means that the X32 FP will suck. No magic happened. Back to the x38s vs 42" OLED fence for me...

Last edited:
So really I think there is only two actual different panels in the above 60 Hz 32" 4K space. The slow HDR panel in the PG32UQX and all its siblings, and then the faster IPS type in the AORUS FI32U and siblings with worse picture quality and not really HDR.

Has anyone here got any experience with the MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD?
It got a positive review from Tom's Hardware and I'm in the market for a better but affordable monitor.
Its not so much they it got a positive review, but rather its the best one out right now. Still a horrible value with archaic response time.

Its not so much they it got a positive review, but rather its the best one out right now. Still a horrible value with archaic response time.
Then what do you think its meaningless to wait for the X32FP and better to take the MSI righ now? (or wait another 1-2 years till we have a proper 4k 32 inch monitor with good quality fast panel and until then stay on QHD)
Im afraid from that the MSI would be somekind of the nicest of the ugly girls decision...
Any other comming soon good 32 inch 4k 144hz monitor ?

The MSI will likely perform similar to this upcoming x32, even 512 zones is not going to be good enough for HDR.

I think we have to unfortunately just wait to see what CES brings in 3 weeks.

Whatever it will bring won't be actually available till the end of 2022 at the very best.

The MSI will likely perform similar to this upcoming x32, even 512 zones is not going to be good enough for HDR.

It is good enough for HDR but just barely. We really need >10,000 local dimming zones but I don't see that happening for years. 512 at least offers a meaningful HDR experience unlike 16 edge lit zones :yuck:

^^^^ being I have not been able to track down a Gigabyte M28U yet, this isn't a bad thing for me at least

If you primarily game, watch videos, surf and even do basic office productivity the LG OLED is unbeatable IMO. And even at 48" the size becomes "normal" VERY fast.

If you primarily game, watch videos, surf and even do basic office productivity the LG OLED is unbeatable IMO. And even at 48" the size becomes "normal" VERY fast.
ABL will get in a way of any form of office productivity on an LG OLED TV.
And 48" 4K has too low PPI to be a good monitor. 42" will be much better.

Just out of curiosity what would be your dream monitor specification?

mine is, good contrast ratio most probably with va panel with no black smearing.
hdr 1000, fast responsive panel , g-sync, 32 inch, 4k resolution, at least 144 hz
what do you think when can i get this :) ?

42" 4K RGB OLED with 240Hz with at least DHDR400TB would be an instabuy for me, possibly after some feedback on burn-in from early buyers.
I feel like all LCD panels wouldn't be much of an upgrade for me from my current PG32UQ.

mine is, good contrast ratio most probably with va panel with no black smearing.
hdr 1000, fast responsive panel , g-sync, 32 inch, 4k resolution, at least 144 hz
This for me with a KVM switch

32" 8k 😏 IPS (with 4:1 binning mode for gaming). 100k zone fald or double stack LCD; factory brightness calibration so there's no bright/dim corners/etc. HDR1000 or better. 240hz. No ghosting, blur, or lag. Except for the last 3 I'm thinking maybe 2030 if I'm lucky.

If OLED can eventually meet all of the prior, I'd consider it, but think a microLED backlight or double stack LCD will be easier than an OLED that can stay that bright safely.

So at this point, what we saying is the best all around 32" 4k 144hz? The M32U? Or the MSi possibly?

Not easy, they are all real shitty this year, one worse than the other.
I really hope next year will be better, I really need a new one.

Any of you with M32U hear coil whine? I have a suspicion that this is a 120Hz monitor factory overclocked to 144Hz.

No coil whine here. Are you sure it's not your GPU ? It can be hard to pinpoint the origin sometimes (bouncing off a wall etc.).

For me it will be the OLED 42 "from LG, now that it has come out that it will be equipped with the new EX panel.

I still want a 32 “OLED model!
That would be awesome, even better if it were a monitor, not a television.

Last edited:
„by integrating OLED.EX technology into All OLED TV displays manufactured at its OLED production plants in Paju, South Korea, and in Guangzhou, China,
starting from the second quarter of 2022.“

Source: https://news.lgdisplay.com/global/2.../]https://news.lgdispl...-tv-display-oled-ex/

Interesting as well is Samsung‘s 34“ QD-OLED:

That doesn't necessarily mean most 2022 LG OLEDs will have EX panels. Panels for the '22 models have been in production for months now to use in LG '22 models that usually start shipping around March.

Samsung Neo G8. 32 inch 4k 240Hz with MiniLED. Curved though....otherwise perfect specs. Will probably be ultra fast just like the Neo G9 as well. Hopefully they also learned from the shitshow of the G9 with HDR. If done right this will be the new king to dethrone the PG32UQX.

https://videocardz.com/press-releas...-worlds-first-4k-240hz-miniled-gaming-monitor
Except for the curve which I'm not a fan of personally, that looks incredible. Question for Neo G9 owners: Did Samsung ever fix the HDR issues on that monitor? Because if they still haven't fixed it almost half a year after, it doesn't bode well for the G8...

I love Curve, now we have to wait for release date and price. Hopefully both not too far away

Except for the curve which I'm not a fan of personally, that looks incredible. Question for Neo G9 owners: Did Samsung ever fix the HDR issues on that monitor? Because if they still haven't fixed it almost half a year after, it doesn't bode well for the G8...
Not a G9 Neo owner. But... Short answer is no they have not. Just look at the end of the G9 Neo monitor thread on this very forum.

https://hardforum.com/threads/new-samsung-odyssey-g9-with-miniled-announced.2008239/

Back