Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows...

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

First time seeing this game today. Someone posted a picture of a TMNT themed NES and I started talking to my brother-in-law while I was at his house watching Dexter. So we hopped on the XBL Arcade to see if they had any old school TMNT games (Specifically the second one for the NES) when we stumbled upon this game.

It's getting a Steam release August 28th, seen a preview of the game on YouTube just now and it looks promising. Not a huge fan of the current TMNT series airing on TV, but it looks like they're trying to target the older generation from the ~80s early 90s and comics.

Kind of excited about this. I love some TMNT. :cool:

Looks alright. I don't get the need for all of the particle effects, though. It takes away from the immersion of the more realistic graphics. In general, I don't care for much particle effects. When Donatello is spinning his bo, I don't need an effect on it because I can clearly see that it's spinning.

Oh man a new Ninja Turtles beat em up! Im in.

It makes me happy to see after growing up with the Turtles through the 80s & 90s they can still be relevant and interesting to me today. This game looks like a lot of fun and reminds me of old games I used to play, I distinctly remember killing mousers in sewers...

Thanks OP for posting.

Cowabunga dudes! :D

Last edited:
Looks alright. I don't get the need for all of the particle effects, though. It takes away from the immersion of the more realistic graphics. In general, I don't care for much particle effects. When Donatello is spinning his bo, I don't need an effect on it because I can clearly see that it's spinning.

I agree. I'm not sure I am a fan of that on their weapons. Hopefully you can turn it off.

Reminds me more of the original movie and older graphic novels (Which were more adult themed and not for kids).

This.

I'm not a huge fan of the current cartoon, but I do like the artwork of what I am seeing in the game sans the effects.

I just hope it's a really long campaign mode. I also hope they are similar to L4D where the enemies aren't always in the same location. I could see it getting really easy.

For 15$ only to boot. I'll pick it up when they release on pc.

Can they please stop ruining what the turtles look like.

I collected the original Mirage TMNT back in the late 80s and still have all the original Mirage books. This is the only TMNT I'll remember:

tumblr_m8ha985pwU1qi0bpk.jpg

Looks like it might be fun. Kinda rough around the edges and the fighting doesn't always seem to work but for $15 ya can't complain, especially if it turns out to be half way decent.

Has anyone played it yet? Gonna be a while before I get my gaming PC up here. :/

Back