Sweet looking ITX case by Deepcool

updawg

Gawd
https://translate.google.com/transl...itx-prototype-noname-pentower.html&edit-text=

I hope these are on sale soon.

ces-2015-deepcool-boitier-itx-prototype-noname-pentower-3.jpg

ces-2015-deepcool-boitier-itx-prototype-noname-pentower-1.jpg

Last edited:
It genuinely looks like an SFF case, a relief after the increasing number of >40L cases that can only fit mITX. But it still seems a very early prototype. We do need more monolithic simplistic design cases, with the few options we have.

I may be misinformed or just not recalling correctly, but doesn't Silverstone have some sort of design patent on this kind of case layout?

I like it though. Looks a lot better than Silverstone's chimney(s). :)

I think not because the lifetime of cases are to short so it make no sense. If they made it they couldnt do nothing because the deepcool looks different. A patent on the layout is also not possible because it isnt a new layout and could not make a patent on something if anybody else build something same in the past or published a picture of it. Real patents must be made a year before publishing and must be something completly new.It could also be that Silverstone OEM build this case for Deepcool.

Edit: I searched in the euopean patent database and found out that silverstone has a patent for top io orientation for the motherboard.

Last edited:
This makes use of all available space. Nice. Looks possible to function as a vertical shoebox as well.

Looks great!! I wish they'd just switch over to SFX / Flex / 1U power supplies, though. ATX supplies are almost the same footprint as the motherboard!

Volume-wise it's even worse, especially if it's not modular with all the excess cable. The 24-pin connector cables are also very bulky and long on most ATX PSU's. I'm glad Silverstone wen't the extra mile on the SFX PSU's and now ship the ribbon cables as-standard with them.

I'm glad Silverstone wen't the extra mile on the SFX PSU's and now ship the ribbon cables as-standard with them.

They should go the extra 2 feet, and include a set that's a combination of the shortest cables from their PP05-E set and the included SFX set. The SX600-G set is just way too long for most small builds.

I'm guessing they're just taking into consideration the max length needed for the folks that buy those humongous ITX cases ;)

How have I only just seen that first case now? I hope the release it, looks great!

really? there is a patent for that?!

I'm not quite sure, but I think I read somewhere that they had that patent.
That's why their "Raven/Fortress" series was very popular, because you couldn't get anything like it.

Only in Taiwan and China do they have this patent.

I'll chip in here... We have patent for 90 degree rotated layout in Taiwan and China only. The US patent (5243493) for this design was actually filed all the way back in 1992 by the "Industrial Technology Research Institute in Taiwan" so it has already expired.

This means you are free to make any case with the 90 degree rotated motherboard design on your own and would only need to consult with us if you plan on mass producing cases with this design in Taiwan or China.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041479317&postcount=9

What do you guys think of the Raijintek Metis MiTX

Really don't know to go mitx or matx for a new build...they don't happen to make a two gpu slot itx motherboards do they?

Last edited:
Sorry to revive this thread, but did anyone see release of the “no-name” case mentioned above? The one without glass

Back