Supermicro SC825TQ-700LPB Chassis with X9DAI Motherboard+complete build

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Supermicro X9DAi-O Intel Socket 2011v2 motherboard based Server Specsheet

Processor(s):
Intel Xeon E5-2609 v2 Ivy Bridge-EP 2.5 GHz LGA 2011 80W BX80635E52609V2 Server Processor x 2 $264.82 each $529.64 combined

Memory:
Black Diamond Server Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) x 2 $69.00 each $138.00 combined

Motherboard:
SUPERMICRO MBD-X9DAi-O Extended ATX Server Motherboard Dual LGA 2011 DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066/800x2 $915.98

Front Bezel:
Supermicro MCP-210-82503-0B 2U Front Bezel for SC825, SC828 Chassis $38.99

Heatsink:
SNK-P0048AP4 2U ACTIVE CPU HEATPIPE HEATSINK x2 $55.39 each $110.78 combined

Blu-ray Drive:
New Panasonic UJ-260 6x Blu-Ray Burner BDXL Supports QL TL DL SL Bezel SATA Drive $89.89

Raid Card:
Areca ARC-1264IL-16 PCI-Express 2.0 x8 Low Profile SATA III (6.0Gb/s) RAID Controller Card

$762.75

Hard Drives:
Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 3.5" Desktop SSHD x4 $119.99 each $479.96 combined

Chassis w/PSU’s:
SUPERMICRO CSE-825TQ-R700LPB Black 2U Rackmount Server Case w/700 watt Redundant PSUx2 $1085.56

Operating System: Not Included

Includes Extra Supermicro SC825TQ-700LPB chassis and extra Supermicro X9DAI Motherboard

Excepting best offers of 10 percent less than the buy it now and greater less than 25 percent of the buy it now.

Works great! Just checked to see if it still works as of 3-20-2020. Last had Ubuntu Server on it. Now has Windows Server 2016 installation stuck on it, but No Operating System is included on disc or any media except on the Operating System Stuck on the device.

Do not respond on Hard Forum. Price is not further negotiable. Needs 4 more hard drives. Need an Operating System. Make sure you know what you are buying. Make sure you have enough amperage or ups wattage to power this with a full load of enterprise routers, enterprise switches, enterprise firewalls, and at least a NAS along with a the server. Not recommended for a full load of 3000 watts or less with 5 enterprise routers being at least 1U each needing at least possibly 80 watts each, 4 enterprise switches being at least 1U each needing at least 525 watts each, 1 enterprise firewall being at least 1U needing at least 90 watts each, 1 NAS being at least 1U needing at least 90 watts, and this server as the server will need a maximum of 1400 watts at full load and 350 watts x 2 at half load.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233564340599

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not gonna lie bro those are pretty much the worst photos of something someone was trying to sell I've ever seen.

Good luck selling.

Ahahahaha... Especially for something that costs as much as a decent used car.

Let me preface this by saying I am trying to be helpful and constructive with regard to your listing.

I say this as someone who works in IT and procures servers / enterprise parts: the pricing on some vendor websites will list the MSRP of old server motherboards, processors, chassis, etc with no mark-downs for YEARS. This does not reflect the true value of said parts - these vendors can get away with that pricing on old parts because these are NIB items that will be sold to subcontractors or corporate customers supporting old systems and / or warranty work. Basically, bureaucracy allows for these prices to exist even though few (if any) 6-7 year old Xeons will be sold at that price.

I digress...

The point is, no one on eBay will likely pay anywhere near the original MSRP - especially for used. Server parts also lose value faster than mainstream components since you'll have a quarterly influx of 3 year old server parts flooding eBay as items drop off warranty and get replaced in data centers.

A good way to figure out a reasonable asking price is to check labgopher.com and look for similarly spec'ed systems. A DL360 G8-G9 with the same processors is probably a good benchmark. Anyways, good luck with sale and as Spartacus09 mentioned, better pictures would certainly help too. A pic of the full chassis from the front, one from the back, one of the front/top closed, and one of the full chassis open is standard.
Edit: I would also list whether or not you have rack rails included with the chassis

^ well put, I was trying to avoid broaching the pricing subject, if I was in the market for those parts its overpriced by alot, sub $1000 is closer to realistic pricing.

Quit complaining. This hardware is on 4 generations older than Scalable and still better than ancient server hardware especially a core i3. A friend of mine tried to compare it to a new fully configured Dell 2U sever with eight 2TB mechanical hard drives too and by the time I was done configuring what Dell was offering it was going to cost thousands more especially around almost 65,000 dollars with solid state storage and more RAM. Not to mention Dell mentions nothing about a graphics card let alone a RAID card either. Also this sale includes the exact same extra chassis and exact same extra motherboard. I had to buy Xeon 2011v2 to test out the processor from the old server that I'm not sure why it was reving up the fans so loud and not posting, which the old processors work and are not included though. However I'm not sure if the old motherboard works though as I don't remember if I tested it yet, but it's a Gigabyte 7PESH3. Yeah these processors still don't have Hyper-threading, but as I said this hardware is a lot better than ancient hardware or older hardware. Therefore, please work with this if interested as I need to sell it to downgrade to 1U for my Senior project in College as part of CIS-NETWORKING aka CNAS. I'm sorry if the pictures are terrible too, but I can't find any better pictures I already took and I don't want to mislead the buyer into thinking this server includes Windows Server especially Windows Server 2016 that is stuck on it because I don't have time to run dban on it to wipe it off as it takes hours to nuke a hard drive let alone, I don't want to trip on it either as I also don't want to remount it either to prevent myself from tripping on it, and I tried resetting the installation, but it won't let me do that either. Another thing is that I'm trying to use very little electricity to as I'm on heap to help me keep my electrictric bill down, even though it's included as flat rate utilities where I live near the University. The picture of the RAM shows both 16 GB kits before I RMA'd the second kit shown for not having heatspreaders that both kits finally have now. If requested maybe I'll get 4 more 2 TB SSHDs to max out the build and make it ready for RAID 60 if possible or requested, but expect a slit price increase if I do that as this hardware is not as affordable as you people want to give me a hard time about.

I don't think anybody was trying to call you out negatively. Just wanting to give you a perspective that most computer hardware doesn't hold value.
I looked up the "big" pieces:
CPUs - Newegg still sells them new for ~$100 each (your price- $264.82), eBay has them for <$20 for the pair (your price- $529.64)
Mobo- Newegg still sells them new? for ~$550 (your price- $915.98), I didn't see the exact model on ebay.
Chassis- Newegg still sells it new? for ~$600 (your price- $1085.56)

No one is complaining. They are telling you that you have a completely unrealistic expectation of what your hardware is worth. The manner in which they were doing it was meant to be helpful and constructive. Did you actually click the link in the post above yours? Why would anyone pay your hugely inflated prices when they can buy the same CPU for $6 each for example? It's the same story with the rest of the components.

Just because you believe the hardware is worth a certain amount, doesn't make it so. The market dictates the value and right now on eBay, you are asking upwards of 10 times what it's worth. You are free to post it for sale for whatever price you want, but it will never sell.

Quit complaining. This hardware is on 4 generations older than Scalable and still better than ancient server hardware especially a core i3. A friend of mine tried to compare it to a new fully configured Dell 2U sever with eight 2TB mechanical hard drives too and by the time I was done configuring what Dell was offering it was going to cost thousands more especially around almost 65,000 dollars with solid state storage and more RAM. Not to mention Dell mentions nothing about a graphics card let alone a RAID card either. Also this sale includes the exact same extra chassis and exact same extra motherboard. I had to buy Xeon 2011v2 to test out the processor from the old server that I'm not sure why it was reving up the fans so loud and not posting, which the old processors work and are not included though. However I'm not sure if the old motherboard works though as I don't remember if I tested it yet, but it's a Gigabyte 7PESH3. Yeah these processors still don't have Hyper-threading, but as I said this hardware is a lot better than ancient hardware or older hardware. Therefore, please work with this if interested as I need to sell it to downgrade to 1U for my Senior project in College as part of CIS-NETWORKING aka CNAS. I'm sorry if the pictures are terrible too, but I can't find any better pictures I already took and I don't want to mislead the buyer into thinking this server includes Windows Server especially Windows Server 2016 that is stuck on it because I don't have time to run dban on it to wipe it off as it takes hours to nuke a hard drive let alone, I don't want to trip on it either as I also don't want to remount it either to prevent myself from tripping on it, and I tried resetting the installation, but it won't let me do that either. Another thing is that I'm trying to use very little electricity to as I'm on heap to help me keep my electrictric bill down, even though it's included as flat rate utilities where I live near the University. The picture of the RAM shows both 16 GB kits before I RMA'd the second kit shown for not having heatspreaders that both kits finally have now. If requested maybe I'll get 4 more 2 TB SSHDs to max out the build and make it ready for RAID 60 if possible or requested, but expect a slit price increase if I do that as this hardware is not as affordable as you people want to give me a hard time about.

...wow

I think their thread from a few years ago where they were trying sell a Pentium 2 era Supermicro chassis + 13 year old Xeons for $2400 was more entertaining: https://hardforum.com/threads/super...extras-including-quad-2-80-ghz-xeons.1853284/

LOL. Maybe I should try selling my stack of Sun 220Rs with UltraSparc II's and the 1GB ram upgrade for $6k apiece! :LOL:

scharfshutze009 : I will pay you $400 SHIPPED for everything. And that's a serious offer. PM me when you're ready to deal.

I said not to reply here. By the way this hardware has barely been used at all. Old hardware. You people sound like you don't even know what old hardware is by complaining this much. Buy the same processor for $6 dollars when that's a bunch of crap considering it would still cost around $200 new from a legitimate retailer. I'm not asking for just retail considering I gave about 10 percent off of the buy it now or up to 25 percent less than the buy it now. You people act like this hardware is so inferior when you probably don't even know what it was like to use older x86 processors like the 486 or older let alone Pentium Pro's. Buy 2038 you'll be clinging to any hardware close to this good as old 32-bit hardware becomes officially obsolete because it won't be able to count the date past January 1st 2038 if hardware as good as this or better can't be made anymore. This hardware is very well worth close to what I'm asking, but you have to be cheap skates about it all the time. Go ahead buy somewhere else because you get what you pay for if you want to be that cheap. It's not like you make your own hardware. I at least tried to become a computer engineer buy finally trying to learn assembly and I felt like I was turning into a skeleton as I worked really hard to write at least the programs in the book for x86 and x86-64 assembly programming and read the book too. Ebay had to help me figure out how to offer buy it now or best offer as well as how to do auctions, but don't expect this hardware to be sold at auction at all this hardware is not as old or as bad as you people who replied make it seem when most of you probably haven't even seen what it's like to install at least Windows XP on a original Pentium 233 Mhz or equivalent AMD or other equivalent processor based system and if you have you shouldn't be complaining about the cost of this hardware when desktops using 486 Dx2 66Mhz costed around $4000 fully loaded back in the 1990s considering they were just desktops. I already said how much more you would pay to dell for something like this regardless if it would have Xeon Scalable Bronze instead as if it makes that much of difference, even though it does. If you don't want to buy it then don't. Stop wasting my time too if you expect to pay almost nothing for what I'm selling to. If you don't have the money to pay for hardware I just bought brand new in 2018 to replace the original server's hardware bought in 2014 then don't buy it if your going to be cheap skates about it. This is why I don't like posting here too because I get ridiculed anyway and it's not even general mayhem either. If I saw this hardware for as low of a price as you people expect I wouldn't buy it at all and I would avoid it like a plague because I know if I saw it for a really low price there has to be a catch or something wrong.

I said not to reply here. By the way this hardware has barely been used at all. Old hardware. You people sound like you don't even know what old hardware is by complaining this much. Buy the same processor for $6 dollars when that's a bunch of crap considering it would still cost around $200 new from a legitimate retailer. I'm not asking for just retail considering I gave about 10 percent off of the buy it now or up to 25 percent less than the buy it now. You people act like this hardware is so inferior when you probably don't even know what it was like to use older x86 processors like the 486 or older let alone Pentium Pro's. Buy 2038 you'll be clinging to any hardware close to this good as old 32-bit hardware becomes officially obsolete because it won't be able to count the date past January 1st 2038 if hardware as good as this or better can't be made anymore. This hardware is very well worth close to what I'm asking, but you have to be cheap skates about it all the time. Go ahead buy somewhere else because you get what you pay for if you want to be that cheap. It's not like you make your own hardware. I at least tried to become a computer engineer buy finally trying to learn assembly and I felt like I was turning into a skeleton as I worked really hard to write at least the programs in the book for x86 and x86-64 assembly programming and read the book too. Ebay had to help me figure out how to offer buy it now or best offer as well as how to do auctions, but don't expect this hardware to be sold at auction at all this hardware is not as old or as bad as you people who replied make it seem when most of you probably haven't even seen what it's like to install at least Windows XP on a original Pentium 233 Mhz or equivalent AMD or other equivalent processor based system and if you have you shouldn't be complaining about the cost of this hardware when desktops using 486 Dx2 66Mhz costed around $4000 fully loaded back in the 1990s considering they were just desktops. I already said how much more you would pay to dell for something like this regardless if it would have Xeon Scalable Bronze instead as if it makes that much of difference, even though it does. If you don't want to buy it then don't. Stop wasting my time too if you expect to pay almost nothing for what I'm selling to. If you don't have the money to pay for hardware I just bought brand new in 2018 to replace the original server's hardware bought in 2014 then don't buy it if your going to be cheap skates about it. This is why I don't like posting here too because I get ridiculed anyway and it's not even general mayhem either. If I saw this hardware for as low of a price as you people expect I wouldn't buy it at all and I would avoid it like a plague because I know if I saw it for a really low price there has to be a catch or something wrong.

I would hazard a guess that people here buy A LOT of hardware, even on the server side.

As a comparison, I am running two dual socket ASRock 2011v3 boards. One has 6c/12t chips and the other 8c/16t. They both have DDR4 memory. The entire configuration, for both boards, four CPU's and the ram (I used spare hard drives and PSUs) was around $600 CANADIAN, so about $8 USD.

Something to think about.

Ok, so look - I work for a server and storage vendor. I buy similar, but better gear for our labs, for about $600 - and it's not supermicro. Right now I'm actually casually shopping for a V3/V4 dual xeon board to replace a busted system that is old enough to not justify buying the actual replacement motherboard (branded boards are expensive); it's better to slap it into a tower case and move the RAM/CPU over and forego the built in SAS controller (don't need it). I'm expecting to spend around $300-400 for a used motherboard a whole generation NEWER than yours, because a pair of E5-2690V4s is a bit much to leave sitting around. I'd buy an R720 (same generation, but an actual branded system) for about $600. Maybe. It IS old hardware. It's the last generation supported for some software, and in about a year, will be EOL from a software support perspective (at least with enterprise software). That's reality.

Your hardware is not worth what you're asking for it. I'd give you $400 like the other gentleman would; I've got two R720s still in use, wouldn't be bad to have something else of the same generation in there, and I've got a crap ton of DDR3 ECC lying around I could use with it. Would save me the effort of building it. But I don't even normally USE the older hardware of this generation - it's dropping off support of any kind!

And yes, an ICA Bronze would run rings around this. I size datacenters for a LIVING - I know EXACTLY what will fit on a 3206R vs this; and it's miles of difference. Never mind that Cascade Lake R has dragged prices down significantly.

If you bought this stuff new, you made a mistake. I'm sorry, but you did. If you want help building servers to do school work, let me know - I've helped people out here before, as I tend to get spare gear floating around that I can't SELL, but I can give away at times for good causes (no, your home lab or folding doesn't count - sorry, but school work? I'll support that). I also know what you can buy used safely, and what's a bad idea to buy used. I'll help save you some money.

Just because you found a retailer listing your CPU for $200, doesn't mean it's worth that much. It just means that they haven't updated their page since the product was put up in 2013 and literally zero people are buying them that way. $6 is the going rate and that even includes shipping, because guess what, your hardware is also used. Even if it were new, those go for $35 shipped at most: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333496569452

Most people would actually rather buy from eBay resellers than individuals because they have return policies, warranties, etc. Since you offer none of those, you need to compensate by having lower prices.

You should listen to the people that are trying to be helpful.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
1587594196466.png

Good luck with sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back