super twitchy mouse on ASUS ROG X570 Strix-E

x509

2[H]4U
My mouse worked Ok on my previous build, ASUS P9X79PRO board, but with this new board, the mouse is so "twitchy" that it's damn near impossible to navigate the BIOS screens. I could not an info in the manual on how to configure the mouse for BIOS. Any suggestions?

Try different mice or different USB ports? I don't have any issue like this on my Strix-E and Logitech mice. I guess you could try updating the UEFI/BIOS too.

Mine is a Corsair wired gaming mouse. I think I have an old mouse somewhere. The BIOS is at 1408 which was just released last week.

Can you lower the DPI of the mouse? I had to do that with my old Logitech G9x, using the DPI switch buttons on the mouse itself.

Can you lower the DPI of the mouse? I had to do that with my old Logitech G9x, using the DPI switch buttons on the mouse itself.
Good idea. I will have to download the user manual and see if I can do that. I have a Corsair M65 RGB mouse with lots of extra buttons. I don't use them but I really like how this mouse tracks and the clicky feel of the two main buttons.

Good idea. I will have to download the user manual and see if I can do that. I have a Corsair M65 RGB mouse with lots of extra buttons. I don't use them but I really like how this mouse tracks and the clicky feel of the two main buttons.
Wait, I have the same mouse (it replaced my G9x after the buttons started registering double clicks). The two buttons below the scroll wheel change the DPI. When the DPI changes, the color LED between the two buttons should change as well.

Reactions: x509
like this
Thanks. Next time I go into BIOS, I will definitely try those buttons.

Thanks. Next time I go into BIOS, I will definitely try those buttons.
Replying to my own post, I had to go into BIOS today, and yeah, pressing those buttons on either side of the wheel definitely changed the DPI, and the mouse was not "twitchy." So thanks, man.

Back