Super micro proprietary mounting hole pattern

Isx

n00b
Hey I was just wondering or hoping maybe somebody here has the dimensions for the super micro X10 DRG mainboard it says that it is a proprietary form factor and I cannot find any mounting templates anywhere.
If I look at the motherboard itself, it looks like they just added two more inches or so of PCB and put four more holes down the right side if you're looking at it from the IO ports.
I've asked mountain mods about their HPTX motherboard tray however the person that I spoke with doesn't know if supermicro's proprietary hole pattern will work.. any insight as much appreciated, and just to clarify... It is not any ATX standard.

Attachments

• x10drg-q-1.jpg
    x10drg-q-1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
Looks like that is the SWTX formfactor, similar but not compatable with HPTX. Looks like supermicro made that one up only for their own boards.

I like that board. Just glancing at it it appears some of the holes line up correctly with standard cases. You really dont need all the holes screwed in.

I like that board. Just glancing at it it appears some of the holes line up correctly with standard cases. You really dont need all the holes screwed in.

Yeah it looks like they line up, but they are just slightly different where they will not work in a standard case. I have a Lian-Li A76 case that will take a HPTX board that is just as big, but screw holes just dont line up with that formfactor.

Looks like that is the SWTX formfactor, similar but not compatable with HPTX. Looks like supermicro made that one up only for their own boards.
I noticed a different main board made by super micro and in the form factor that specific board mentions SWTX however this board in the form factor mentions " proprietary ". Odd...

Supermicro support is usually pretty helpful, maybe you could try seeing if they have a template for the holes?

Yeah it appears that supermicro just took the normal hole layout for HPTX and shifted all the holes a little bit in any direction, thus making it only fit in their own cases. Seems a really sneaky way to screw over users trying to replace server boards in their cases, as different boards wont fit correctly. Thus they get a lockdown, only their boards in their cases.

Yeah it appears that supermicro just took the normal hole layout for HPTX and shifted all the holes a little bit in any direction, thus making it only fit in their own cases. Seems a really sneaky way to screw over users trying to replace server boards in their cases, as different boards wont fit correctly. Thus they get a lockdown, only their boards in their cases.
They sell a LOT of normal boards too. Their specialty cases are generally specialty for a reason. You can swap SM boards in SM cases, or put normal SM boards in normal cases. They do both a LOT

Pending their reply now... ( Wish me luck )

Good luck, hope you can get something to work with. proprietary stuff really annoys me, had too much of that with old computers. Like stupid P1 riser boards without the riser card that you cant do anything with.

Reactions: Isx
like this
They sell a LOT of normal boards too. Their specialty cases are generally specialty for a reason. You can swap SM boards in SM cases, or put normal SM boards in normal cases. They do both a LOT

Oh I know they do that, I have a decent amount of old supermicro boards. It just seems like this formfactor is designed around a vendor lockout.

Oh I know they do that, I have a decent amount of old supermicro boards. It just seems like this formfactor is designed around a vendor lockout.
More to fit a case with specific high airflow design or the like I’d suspect... maybe a rack mount?

Back