Super Flower Leadex III 850W Gold PS - $110 + $20 Newegg Gift Card

'Super Flower'--seems like the engrish is hitting the mainland. :rolleyes: Man do I miss PC Power and Cooling--they were a solid US company back in the day before all this ccc flooding the market...

'Super Flower'--seems like the engrish is hitting the mainland. :rolleyes: Man do I miss PC Power and Cooling--they were a solid US company back in the day before all this ccc flooding the market...

This is an Amazing PSU FYI. The reason why you may not be familiar with "Super Flower" is because they have existed mainly as an OEM for a long time. They were the OEM company that made some of EVGA's best PSUs, and one of if not the main reason why EVGA PSUs have developed a good reputation now on the high-end. Their contract with EVGA until recently prevented Super Flower from also selling PSUs in the US using their own name, but that apparently expired at some point.

I built a few systems using this PSU back when it was on sale for ~$124. It was a great deal then, and an even better deal now.

I found that the Newegg Promo Code "SPECIAL20" (without the quotes) works also to bring the price down to $90 even before the $20 gift card. With the $20 gift card also, It's such an absolute steal at that price, I had to get one just as a spare.

I found that the Newegg Promo Code "SPECIAL20" (without the quotes) works also to bring the price down to $90 even before the $20 gift card. With the $20 gift card also, It's such an absolute steal at that price, I had to get one just as a spare.

Promo code is only exclusive for the customers who received the promotional email only.

As someone who has the Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W for my main rig, it has been rock solid and is extremely well rated on LTT as well. One of the main reasons I went with it... and yeah they make EVGA's (G5 I've had was always solid) too so that's helped them.

Promo code is only exclusive for the customers who received the promotional email only.

Hmm, interesting. I found the code on a website and it worked fine, but I guess it's possible that I have a Newegg promotional email floating around in my spam folder somewhere.

As someone who has the Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W for my main rig, it has been rock solid and is extremely well rated on LTT as well. One of the main reasons I went with it... and yeah they make EVGA's (G5 I've had was always solid) too so that's helped them.
I got the 1000w Platinum and been happy with it. It is pretty loud when not in eco mode. I paid $200 on NE but they got it for $180 +$20 rebate card atm.

Slight correction, they used to make EVGA. G3 were the last ones I believe. G5 is a lower end manufacturer.

Slight correction, they used to make EVGA. G3 were the last ones I believe. G5 is a lower end manufacturer.
They still make both the g2 and g3 series for EVGA. The only thing that's changed is that Superflower now markets their own units in the US.
These are by far the best deals you will find on high quality units. They go on sale at least once a month for around $100. I've used a couple of them so far with no complaints. Rails are solid as a rock underload and they're quiet.

Hmm, interesting. I found the code on a website and it worked fine, but I guess it's possible that I have a Newegg promotional email floating around in my spam folder somewhere.

It wouldn't apply for me, saying my email associated with my account hadn't gotten the promotional email.

This is an Amazing PSU FYI. The reason why you may not be familiar with "Super Flower" is because they have existed mainly as an OEM for a long time. They were the OEM company that made some of EVGA's best PSUs, and one of if not the main reason why EVGA PSUs have developed a good reputation now on the high-end. Their contract with EVGA until recently prevented Super Flower from also selling PSUs in the US using their own name, but that apparently expired at some point.

I built a few systems using this PSU back when it was on sale for ~$124. It was a great deal then, and an even better deal now.
Yeah, I don't doubt that (like seasonic), but geezz when are they going to learn from the experience of GM's 'Nova' and the dismal sales in Mexico--name your product for your market. This isn't the MF 3rd world where english is used as a fashion icon versus a language. It just shows a level of disrespect for the customer from the get-go, no matter how good the product is (because bait and switch is common with those manufacturers since they've figured out that game too).

It wouldn't apply for me, saying my email associated with my account hadn't gotten the promotional email.

Yeah, sure enough, I checked my spam folder and the promotional email was right there. Sorry to get others hopes up, but even without, you can't really go wrong with this PSU.

Yeah, I don't doubt that (like seasonic), but geezz when are they going to learn from the experience of GM's 'Nova' and the dismal sales in Mexico--name your product for your market. This isn't the MF 3rd world where english is used as a fashion icon versus a language. It just shows a level of disrespect for the customer from the get-go, no matter how good the product is (because bait and switch is common with those manufacturers since they've figured out that game too).
Pretty presumptuous of you to assume they only serve the English market and that their name isn't a direct translation which has a meaning in their native language.

Is it weird that Apple doesn't sell apples? (in before someone links an article where they may have 20 years ago :))

Last edited:

Dude you need to get a grip. Very few companies have names that actually make sense for what they are selling...

Btw Super Flower is a Taiwanese company.

Last edited:
Dude you need to get a grip. Very few companies have names that actually make sense for what they are selling...

Btw Super Flower is a Taiwanese company.
You mean Dell doesn't sell land in small valleys?

That's an unbelievable price, pre or post-supply chain issues.

If I weren't already firmly entrenched at my SeaSonic church, I'd definitely be attending services at Super Flower.

Looks like this is dead. Any chance it will come back? I should've bought it.
It'll be back. Usually every 2 or 3 weeks it drops back down to $99 with or without the $20 card. Use the RetailMeNot app for even more off.
There's also a dude selling a bnib 850w for $100sh in the fs/t section if you need it now.

This is still listed in Newegg's Black Friday Ad, which would seem to imply that it would come back for Black Friday.

Never heard of them I use Seasonic

Ever heard of EVGA? Many of their best PSUs have been made by Super Flower.

Seasonic used to mainly make PSUs for other companies also, before they started selling under their own brand.

Cutting-out an unnecessary middleman is usually a good thing.

Back