Suikoden 1 & 2 remaster announced!

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
It will have redone UI, music, art work and script. Slated for a 2023 releases. Hopefully it does well for a possible Suikoden 6 in the future. They are even contracting some of the original staff to work on it even though they are currently working on Elysium Chronicles

Last edited:
Great, this is far better than the $200-300USD it will cost for a used PS1 copy of Suikoden II on Ebay. I am a strong believer that if game companies don't want us using less than legal means to play games then they should be making their content available for purchase in some form and it's nice to see that finally being done here. Next, it would be great to see Tales of Destiny I & II get the same treatment.

I was hoping to eventually grab a loose PS1 disc of Suikoden II on Ebay for maybe under $150, but now I can just wait a year and buy it on Steam for a third of that and actually support the developers as opposed to a scalper.

Great, this is far better than the $200-300USD it will cost for a used PS1 copy of Suikoden II on Ebay. I am a strong believer that if game companies don't want us using less than legal means to play games then they should be making their content available for purchase in some form and it's nice to see that finally being done here. Next, it would be great to see Tales of Destiny I & II get the same treatment.

I was hoping to eventually grab a loose PS1 disc of Suikoden II on Ebay for maybe under $150, but now I can just wait a year and buy it on Steam for a third of that and actually support the developers as opposed to a scalper.
It is a win/lose situation with Konami. I want to support this but I don't want to support Konami for the shit they pulled.

Reactions: gvx64
like this
It is a win/lose situation with Konami. I want to support this but I don't want to support Konami for the shit they pulled.
I am legitimately curious what they did to tick you off. I am familiar with the Kojima controversy back in 2015, is that what you're referring to? I am not above boycotting game developers especially when they ruin the lives of people who are not in a position to defend themselves (employees, fans), so if it's something like that with Konami than I definitely want to know about it.

Last edited:
I am legitimately curious what they did to tick you off. I am familiar with the Kojima controversy back in 2015, is that what you're referring to? I am not above boycotting game developers especially when they ruin the lives of people who are not in a position to defend themselves (employees, fans), so if it's something like that with Konami than I definitely want to know about it.

They pretty much treated the few game devs that had like crap. They would constantly watch them with cameras and time how long they were in the bathroom. Then they pretty much abandoned all game development to go big in pachinko and leave all their franchises to rot. Now that the pachinko gold mine has ended they are trying to get back into gaming with a lot of remasters as they really dont have many people available to do any new games.

The shame is that they have a ton of really cool games that could have done really well if they had not let them rot. Unfortunately they lost a ton of talent due to their poor treatment of them and who knows if they can ever recover at this point. Maybe they can turn it around....or maybe not.

They pretty much treated the few game devs that had like crap. They would constantly watch them with cameras and time how long they were in the bathroom. Then they pretty much abandoned all game development to go big in pachinko and leave all their franchises to rot. Now that the pachinko gold mine has ended they are trying to get back into gaming with a lot of remasters as they really dont have many people available to do any new games.

The shame is that they have a ton of really cool games that could have done really well if they had not let them rot. Unfortunately they lost a ton of talent due to their poor treatment of them and who knows if they can ever recover at this point. Maybe they can turn it around....or maybe not.
That's pretty bad. The surveillance part sounds eerily close to what Nintendo got accused of earlier this year in its union-busting complaint:

https://www.axios.com/2022/04/19/nintendo-nlrb-complaint

I will have to look into the Konami case further when I have time. Hopefully, there is justice for the developers who had their privacy invaded, especially if it crossed legal lines.

Last edited:
That's pretty bad. The surveillance part sounds eerily close to what Nintendo got accused of earlier this year in its union-busting complaint:

https://www.axios.com/2022/04/19/nintendo-nlrb-complaint

I will have to look into the Konami case further when I have time. Hopefully, there is justice for the developers who had their privacy invaded, especially if it crossed legal lines.
Idk about Japan's laws but all of it probably legal over there. Many of the developers like Kojima left and started their own studios. So even if they did make a new Suikoden the original developers won't be working on it.

include an option to play the original untouched, or maybe a lower-res retro graphics option, and I'm in. I really enjoyed the first game and have always wanted to try the 2nd

include an option to play the original untouched, or maybe a lower-res retro graphics option, and I'm in. I really enjoyed the first game and have always wanted to try the 2nd
Just get an old PSX with Xstation installed if you want that. Or, emulate it. Personally, I like the direction they are going with this "remaster." It's very respectful of the OG look while also being rather modern. It def looks like a "I remember it this way."

A new CEO was voted in at Konami and he has been saying the right things in terms of their IP and developers. Time will tell how that plays out. A new AAA Silent Hill game is likely to come out next year, with a remaster or remake of SH2 close behind.

A new CEO was voted in at Konami and he has been saying the right things in terms of their IP and developers. Time will tell how that plays out. A new AAA Silent Hill game is likely to come out next year, with a remaster or remake of SH2 close behind.

Yeah I hope they make a return with a lot of their franchises, but only time will tell if they are able to start making games in earnest once again.

Delayed to an unspecified time.

https://www.konami.com/games/genso/rem/1_2/us/en-us/
1693397750155.png

I would rather them put more time into this came and develop a sweet remaster. The trailer looks really cool and the music brings back so many memories! I am looking forward to it!

Does this mean there may be a Kojima/Konami reunion? Would love to see PT (Silent Hills) get resurrected?

I will just be happy if they dont screw up suikoden, Thats one of the few things I am looking forward to. If that turns out good, I may then have hopes they will bring back some of their other old IP back for some remakes.

I wouldn't call Konami a AAA developer anymore. They are going to have to rebuild the entire development team since most of them were fired or left with Kojima.

I will just be happy if they dont screw up suikoden, Thats one of the few things I am looking forward to. If that turns out good, I may then have hopes they will bring back some of their other old IP back for some remakes.
Prepare to not be happy.

It's Konami.

Back