Suggestions for a larger windowless case with good radiator support

DanNeely

Supreme [H]ardness
My immediate use will be to hold my current i7-4790k + 3080 system in aircooled mode while building a replacement in my Caselabs tower.

Short term I probably could repurpose one of my other existing cases; but they'd basically be maxed out space and cooling wise. Longer term (next 2-3 years) I'll probably be building a second Zen 4 system though and need something with enough space to fit a CLC and either a GPU with a stupidly huge 40xx style air cooler or an integrated water cooling setup.

So with that in mind, functionally I need something with:

1) support for an ATX board
2) Enough space for oversized GPUs
3) 2x240 radiators minimum - ideally 280 or 360.
4) I'd like a front panel USB-C port as well. This one's not critical (my old system won't be able to use it), but would be nice for future proofing.

For aesthetics I just want a metal box without a window or RGB fans I'll have to waste time ripping out.

My new build's still a few months out - I'm waiting for the 650E boards - but this is something I can figure out now and start watching to come on sale.

I absolutely love my Fractal Define 7 XL.

I have the windowed variant but I'm sure the windowless variant would be just as much of a joy to work in. I have a 420mm rad in front, and if I wasn't using storage configuration I could probably fit a 360 or 420 rad up top as well. At the moment I think I could only fit a 280 up there without some modifications.

I have a massive RTX 3080 and 8 HDDs in mine with room to spare.

I absolutely love my Fractal Define 7 XL.

I have the windowed variant but I'm sure the windowless variant would be just as much of a joy to work in. I have a 420mm rad in front, and if I wasn't using storage configuration I could probably fit a 360 or 420 rad up top as well. At the moment I think I could only fit a 280 up there without some modifications.

I have a massive RTX 3080 and 8 HDDs in mine with room to spare.

love my define S

supports 3x`120 on both front and top.plus has a windowless version

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fractal-design-define-s-case,4300.html

Back