Suggest me a new mouse.

So my g602 died today.
Was noticing weird butten interactions, then it started flashing the dpi colors and wouldn't connect.

It had been a good mouse for 5-6 years.

Time for me to grab a cheapie m55 or g203.
I had tried all the spendy ultralight mice that consequently developed some physical flaw withing 6 months of use.
looks like they are feeding, lol
IMG_0259.JPEG

those are all warranty replacements over the years
That is one of the main reasons I buy Logitech, excellent warranty and customer service.
Yeah, got a reminder of that with this defective Model o-
I’m happy with this Viper mini I found for $30 at Best Buy, and I’ve been meaning to check out optical switches.
Wasn’t meaning to buy it, wanted a $15 g203 but those were gone.

I don't know, I've had similar issues with all brands as well. Had 3 razer mice develop similar issues as well as some other (mad catz R.A.T. 1, i'm looking at you, but I can't figure out how to open this without breaking it!). I did not toss them though, I upgraded the buttons to some Kailh GM 4.0's (red mouse buttons rated for many more clicks than factory buttons). So far I have had good luck with those. It can be a pain to desolder the old buttons, especially when you break the ribbon cable and have to re-strip and solder it back in (that was what I did yesterday... took way longer than it should have). I finally found a mouse that feels comfortable and I like, so I'd much rather just fix the click issue and keep the mouse than try to find something else.

This is the switch
https://www.kailhswitch.com/micro-switches/auto-micro-switches/micro-on-off-switch.html

You can find them on Ebay or Amazon or Alibaba for pretty cheap. Last time I bought a pack of like 8 because, well, mouse buttons go bad often. I have to replenish as I'm about out. The omron ones above will work as well, but won't last as long as the GM's. Also that link for $5 is a lot for 2 omron switches, you can get them from cheaper, but again, I wouldn't waste my time on inferior switches that aren't really any cheaper. This also depends on what kind of mouse feel you like as well, some switches take a little more or less force or click louder/quieter, etc. If you're blowing through mouse buttons, it's worth it to figure out how to replace them rather than buy new ones each time.

Ive always had bad luck with Razor mice and keyboards. I refuse to buy them. That being said, I am on a Logitech G304 that I got on 6/6/2018 and all of a sudden it doesn't travel smoothly, like the battery is dying but that isn't the issue.. Took it apart and cleaned it but still the same.. Not sure if it is time for a new one, and what kind to get..

Ive always had bad luck with Razor mice and keyboards. I refuse to buy them. That being said, I am on a Logitech G304 that I got on 6/6/2018 and all of a sudden it doesn't travel smoothly, like the battery is dying but that isn't the issue.. Took it apart and cleaned it but still the same.. Not sure if it is time for a new one, and what kind to get..
I've had bad luck with all products/manufacturers that I've used. My logitech keyboard keys got brittle and all started breaking so that turned me off of them quickly. At least a mechanical switches going bad is common among manufacturers, but keys being brittle and just breaking... Crap. Razor is a bit pricey and their quality isn't the best in the worlds but they work and it's comfy enough for my hand. I also refuse to install their software so w/e stock lighting is on my keyboard/mouse is what it is. That said, my son is more into RGB so his MB, Ram, CPU cooler, keyboard, mouse, headphones, w/e else he's got are all synced up using their software.
Anyways, unfortunately, it's a very common issue, but if it's just the button and you like the mouse, fix it and enjoy. If you don't care for the mouse find one you like and then fix it when it breaks ;).

also super sick of the double click issue, on my 4th G903. I have looked into swapping switches but after buying a desolder tool, new switches, new skates.... seem like a waste.

How is the razor with optical switch? I really love the full time wireless charging on the logitech but I can live without for something that works.

I’ve gone through 3 Corsair M65 Pros, and now have a 5 month old M65 Elite doing the same thing (registering double clicks on a single click); all within the last 4 years. The only reason I keep going back to them is because I like the button layout. I used Razer mice prior to the Corsair M65 series, but switched because they were doing the same thing.

also super sick of the double click issue, on my 4th G903. I have looked into swapping switches but after buying a desolder tool, new switches, new skates.... seem like a waste.

How is the razor with optical switch? I really love the full time wireless charging on the logitech but I can live without for something that works.
I dunno, much cheaper than replacing my mouse every other year... And since I've got a family of 5 (with 6 desktops for when friends come over) it's closer to every 4 months. I paid like $10 for 8 buttons, resolder is like $10... And you don't have to r place the skates if you don't booger them up to bad. So, minus the one time tool cost (I had one already did to my other hobbies of building circuit boards) it's less than $5 a mouse and takes about 15 minutes once you do a few. If you feel like replacing the skates, add another dollar or two. Still much cheaper than a $60+ mouse and hoping you like the comfort/style/feel. I get not wanting to do it especially if you're not already comfortable with a soldering iron or desoldering iron, but it's really cost effective and I prefer the feel of the GM 4.0's over most stock omron switches.

I have had the razor basilisk ultimate for I think about a year. I've experienced no hardware issues. It's a really nice mouse. But as a disclaimer, I've never had any failure with any mouse I've ever owned (mostly logitech, for as long as mice were things on a PC).

I just hate razor's software. I got that mouse and the huntsman elite keyboard as gifts, and one thing which peeves me endlessly - when you lock the workstation or log out, it returns to its default profile which you cannot change.
And of course the default is not just some mild back-lighting. Nope, it's a full rainbow which would make even a pride parade say 'dude, dial it back'.
You can force it down then with Fn-F11 (every time), but why. WHY do I have to reinforce the "I am leaving my workstation, and would prefer it not be a glowing beacon" model?

I have had the razor basilisk ultimate for I think about a year. I've experienced no hardware issues. It's a really nice mouse. But as a disclaimer, I've never had any failure with any mouse I've ever owned (mostly logitech, for as long as mice were things on a PC).

I just hate razor's software. I got that mouse and the huntsman elite keyboard as gifts, and one thing which peeves me endlessly - when you lock the workstation or log out, it returns to its default profile which you cannot change.
And of course the default is not just some mild back-lighting. Nope, it's a full rainbow which would make even a pride parade say 'dude, dial it back'.
You can force it down then with Fn-F11 (every time), but why. WHY do I have to reinforce the "I am leaving my workstation, and would prefer it not be a glowing beacon" model?

Thanks for the reply, will have one here on tues. Was able to get a good discount on it so if I hate it I will pass it to the wife =P

I just de-soldered the original Chinese 50M click Omron switches in my Corsair M65 elite and replaced them with some Omron switches made in Japan.

So far so good! The double click issue is completely gone so far. Plus the actuation of the "click" is crisper and requires slightly more pressure than the original button which I like. The button on the the new switch is several thousands taller than the old one too which removed the pre-travel of the mouse click as well!

Best decision I've made in a while, we'll see how it holds up... Plus the new switches were only around $1.60 a piece, so I replaced both the left and right click switches.

I just de-soldered the original Chinese 50M click Omron switches in my Corsair M65 elite and replaced them with some Omron switches made in Japan.

So far so good! The double click issue is completely gone so far. Plus the actuation of the "click" is crisper and requires slightly more pressure than the original button which I like. The button on the the new switch is several thousands taller than the old one too which removed the pre-travel of the mouse click as well!

Best decision I've made in a while, we'll see how it holds up... Plus the new switches were only around $1.60 a piece, so I replaced both the left and right click switches.
Bear in mind the pre-travel is to protect the life of the switch.
If slight pressure is put on the switch causing it to flex, it will age.
If you can keep your finger from applying pressure while at rest you are golden.

anyone happen to know what type of switch the forward/back thumb buttons use? those also double click on mine. Have not pulled it apart but looks like a smaller switch from videos I have watched.

MX Master/Logitech 'high end' isn't anything close to the old stuff 15-20 years ago. Shitty auto ratchet, shitty buttons, cheap stuff that looks expensive and good but isn't.

Try out a Kensington Expert trackball, I ain't going back to mice again. Just keep in mind to clean the rollers every week or two if you use moisturiser or eat oily/gunky food to transfer to the trackball.

Back