Suggest me a new mouse.

Steelseries 650
Steelseries 710

Corsair Darkcore
Corsair Glaive
Corsair M65

All gone to shit within a year.

I looked at the Logitech G502 (apparently widespread doubleclick issues?) and Razer Basilisk V2 Wired...

Also I should add that the mouse should survive me slamming it down on the pad if I get angry. 🥺

I'm on my third Logitech G703 due to either a double left click issue, or now the right click intermittently not registering.

Honestly I should just get the Razer Viper Ultimate with it's optical switches.

The double click issue a friend found out could be a driver issue. He just had it happen on his logitech mouse using the default win 10 and it started after windows updates. Installed the Logitech drivers and double click issue went away.

Impossible to recommend on reliability, they all do it if you use your mouse enough unless you are lucky.
I've come to the conclusion its necessary to take apart the switch after it breaks and bend the spring so it exerts more pressure on the contact.
After that fails eventually, replace the switch.
Alternatively, buy a new mouse every few years if you dont mind extortion.

My last 3 mice (Steelseries Sensei, Corsair Scimitar and Logitech G502 Hero) all developed button problems.
Last Xmas at just over 1 yr old, my G502 developed the dreaded double click so I took it apart and bent the spring.
It has held up admirably since, but last week I saw the very start of the problem returning: When my finger is further back on the button it can double click, this is how I first noticed it not long after I bought it. Fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets but I doubt it.
When this button goes again I will buy a new switch and replace it, theres no point wasting money on a new mouse when this one is otherwise great.

The only exclusion to my rant are the new optical switches but I wont go near Razer.
/extended rant ;)

Last edited:
Almost all mice use the same omron switches and they wear out. It's basically a piece of metal that is kind of springy and with use it eventually gives in and deforms. If you're pressing really hard on them they wear out faster. They come out with new omron switches that boast double the life every so often and new mice will use them, but they still wear out eventually.

You can actually repair them by bending them back, but they'll break again eventually.

5950x was just in stock on amazon. who got one?
Edit: posted in the wrong forum

Last edited:
My G604 has developed the double click issue and it's only 4 months old. Most of my Logitech mice I use as my primary mouse usually last well over a year till it happens.
Logitech did send me a replacement that I will use when the issue gets really bad.

I saw this the other day, it has replaceable micro switches which is pretty cool so if you have that issue, you can pull out the switch and put another in.
it comes with a pair an extra pair, they are either softer or firmer than the ones installed.
It's a ROG mouse,
ROG-Mouse.jpg

Almost all mice use the same omron switches and they wear out. It's basically a piece of metal that is kind of springy and with use it eventually gives in and deforms. If you're pressing really hard on them they wear out faster. They come out with new omron switches that boast double the life every so often and new mice will use them, but they still wear out eventually.

You can actually repair them by bending them back, but they'll break again eventually.
I've done that fix on a bunch of my Logitech mice, pair of MX1000's, MX Revolution, and a pair of G700's
I have 2 G602's and a G700 that need fixing but I am too lazy and my eyesight is getting bad, lol
should get a pair of those head mounted magnifying googles.

So after hearing about these "optical switches" here I'm going to try the Razer Basilisk V2 and see how long it lasts.

I looked up the Basilisk 2 and found Rtings review mice.
But they have a "Travel" figure/score that bears no relevance to any section of their reviews.
Searching for travel on the page only brings up the figure for travel, no further mention, no review section.
What?

They need to make sense if we are to take what they say seriously.
Wth is travel?
Even the Pros and Cons of the mouse shed no light on it.

Last edited:
I'm using a G502 and I've had it for almost a year now with no double click issues at all. (Edit: Had it almost exactly a year, got it last black friday.)

Hell, no issues of any kind aside from the awful fucking Ghub software and its awful awfulness of being a crash happy, resource intensive worthless waste of hard drive space.

Luckily you can just stick a profile onto the mouse hardware and delete that thing and never touch it again as long as you don't need game specific profiles.

My previous mouse was a Corsair M65 and the left click eventually got so mushy that I couldn't stand using it. I think that was a few hardware revisions ago.

I was going to say the Corsair M65 Pro RGB. I've had one for a couple years and it has never given me problems. I even have a second one that I bought for my laptop because I liked it so much right after I got it.

I was using a Logitech G9 before this and the only reason I replaced it is because the rubber grip finally started to wear off after using it for years. I still have the G9 as a backup and de-rubberized it.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, it is probably just best to order some better switches and replace the stock switches.

My G5 has lasted years. Burned up the pads on it and replaced those. My only other advice would be stop buying cordless.

Maybe Kyle has the right idea - disposable box of four.

Last edited:
I was going to say the Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Yeah, the M65 Pro came out VERY quickly after the M65, so I'm guessing the main difference was new switches and a new sensor. There's now an elite version as well.

I'm really curious to try a Glorious mouse, but I claw grip and really like wide, large mice and even the Model D seems too small for me. I do use almost all the buttons on my G502 so getting less buttons would also be a step back.

I had the actuator that presses on the microswitch completely snap on that thing. Second one started double clicking.
My back button on my M65 is double clicking, of all things. If it wasn't for the difficulty of finding a mouse that has a 3rd (or more) side button that doesn't need 3rd party software to be running 100% of the time (to remap it to the "t" key, for push-to-talk), I'd replace it already.

I think the SteelSeries mice can do that, but they don't seem to hold up (at least the ones with a 3rd side button).

My G5 has lasted years. Burned up the pads on it and replaced those. My only other advice would be stop buying cordless.

Maybe Kyle has the right idea - disposable box of four.
Why stop buying cordless?

For the G502 and other logitech mouses, the double clicking issues can somewhat be manage with macros in G-Hub. I don't think they get saved to the internal memory though, so you're stuck with having G-Hub in the background. Follow this guide and check the screenshots in the Personal_Setup_Macros folder of the project for more information : https://github.com/ACodingFish/LogitechGMouseFix. Pretty straight forward.

So I got the Basilisk V2 no complaints so far it's relatively light and a little less bulky feeling than the ones I've used the past year. There's no adjustable weights tho...lets see how long this lasts. I'm intrigued by the drop in switches on those ASUS ROG mice though...what model is that in the picture?
I had the Basilisk V2 for a while and I really liked it until the mouse wheel started to skip "ticks" all the time. Scrolling down a page, it would miss a scroll tick every 5 rolls. I tried two of them and the second one was even worst than the first. My old G5, which is still functional after all these years, never had any issues. If not for that, I would of kept the Basilisk, its a great mouse. Only other complaint would be the clutch which was way too short.

No RGB no buy.

So I got the Basilisk V2 no complaints so far it's relatively light and a little less bulky feeling than the ones I've used the past year. There's no adjustable weights tho...lets see how long this lasts. I'm intrigued by the drop in switches on those ASUS ROG mice though...what model is that in the picture?

You know, so long as it doesn’t have optical switches, you can just go change the switches if you have a soldering iron and a solder sucker

I tried the ASUS ROG Chakram also...feels good but the only thing I don't like is the DPI switch being on the bottom of the mouse. Some times I like to change DPI between 700 - 900 in game and it gets annoying to have to lift it up to do it.

Dang, I've had my SS rival 650 for 2 years with no issues. I also play a tons of clicky RTS games. Double clicking happened with my Razer death adders and my Logitech g700s (best mouse before that problem started occuring)

Omg so much me too, been sticking with Logitech though. Thought the G Pro would be perfect for me, was wrong =(

I think I'm gonna use this Asus chakram as my daily driver even though the name sounds stupid..it feels decent enough and I like the idea of being able to easily swap out the switches in the likely event that I break them. I just wish the palm cover was more grippy instead of being smooth.

I’ve been using the Glorious model O for a bit over a year (used a G502 for several years prior) and while it has worked fine for me, it’s good, but not great.

Model O has great feet/skates, a nice cord, and is very light, but functionally feels like a downgrade from the G502 in many ways. I miss the free scroll, scroll wheel tilt, extra buttons (and I used em, so took some getting used to), and ergonomics of G502. I have not gone back to the G502 however because it’s cord is too stiff (adds friction + has frayed some of my mousepads) and I’ve found I really prefer the lighter weight of the Model O.

If I could Frankenstein parts of the two mice together it would be perfect! I know there are some folks who have successfully modded their G502 but I’m sadly not that crafty. Luckily both mice have been durable for me so no qc issues of note.

Not sure if that helps at all, but thought the direct compare would give you some points to consider if looking at either mouse.

Glorious Model O- developed a bad cable.
I’m back to a Logitech g602.

It’s been reliable.

There’s a lot to appreciate when there’s no trouble besides recharging batts.

I''ve read that the double click issue with almost all wrieless mice is a static build up issue. Someone posted that, when their mouse starts exhibiting the problem, the turn it off, and click the button numerous times really fast to discharge the static, and the problem goes away for a while. It does eventually come back.

I've used a wired G502 for 4-5 years and never had the issue with it. It seems to be a problem with wireless mice.

So my g602 died today.
Was noticing weird butten interactions, then it started flashing the dpi colors and wouldn't connect.

It had been a good mouse for 5-6 years.

Time for me to grab a cheapie m55 or g203.
I had tried all the spendy ultralight mice that consequently developed some physical flaw withing 6 months of use.

I just remembered because I accidentally dug it out of my laptop bag that I used a Mionix Naos 8200 for about 9 months before I got annoyed with it getting a mushy click and with the coating rubbing off and getting uncomfortable so I switched. I somehow completely forgot that thing even existed, which I guess is the most succinct answer to my thoughts on it.

SideNote
Depending on the series of the doubleclick it can sometimes be remedied in software by increasing the debouch time.
I had ~50/50 success/fail stories with my software if you want to give it a try I'll post it

Steelseries 650
Steelseries 710

Corsair Darkcore
Corsair Glaive
Corsair M65

All gone to shit within a year.

I looked at the Logitech G502 (apparently widespread doubleclick issues?) and Razer Basilisk V2 Wired...

Also I should add that the mouse should survive me slamming it down on the pad if I get angry. 🥺

I've got two G502's and they've never done this. I spend more time on my computers than a person should and they are fine. I use these for work and I play games in my off hours or review hardware. I can spend 18+ hours a day on a computer and my Logitech's tend to stand up to that for about two years or more before I run into any issues. Razers and other options I kill in six months typically.

My G604 has developed the double click issue and it's only 4 months old. Most of my Logitech mice I use as my primary mouse usually last well over a year till it happens.
Logitech did send me a replacement that I will use when the issue gets really bad.

I saw this the other day, it has replaceable micro switches which is pretty cool so if you have that issue, you can pull out the switch and put another in.
it comes with a pair an extra pair, they are either softer or firmer than the ones installed.
It's a ROG mouse,
View attachment 304421

I had an earlier ROG mouse. I really liked the look and general feel of quality. The software wasn't bad either. Software was siimple and it just worked. However, it was too big for my hands and not comfortable to use over longer periods.

Went back to MSFT after 3 Corsairs M65s went dead on me in the span of three years. Six months in so far so good.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back