stripped DS lite screws

syn3rgyz

Gawd
I'm was trying to replace my DS lite case yesterday, after reassembling it it wouldnt power on, i figured its cause the power slider is not aligned right or something, as i attempted to remove the screws , the two triwing screws on the power sliders side at the bottom of the DS lite are stripped and I can't unscrew it. Also the black screw where the DS game slot is was stripped from just one turn too. Anyone have any ideas on how I can remove these screws??

I googled for some ideas but the dremeling idea is out since the screws are inside the hole. I'm not even sure if they make extractors this small.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i stripped the heads, i was using the right screw driver. The two triwings one i think i stripped them cause i was tightening them a bit too much, but the one near the slot i just turned it once and it completely stripped so i guess the screws quality is just crap.

damn those extractors are expensive =[ thanks though

torchu.jpg

:D

Sorry about your luck there though, those screws are recessed and pretty damn small.

If I'm thinking of something else and these screws are closer to the surface, you could try cutting a slot into them somehow.

didnt work, got pissed ripped the ds apart and some capacitors fell out i think, got even more pissed and just smashed the whole thing, I guess i'll have to buy a DSi now =[

Back