Strange Volume issue caused by ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Not sure if this is related to a Windows update but the ads on this site is causing my audio to lower down then come back up while watching media or listening to music. It started happening a few days ago.

It only happens Hard Forums as well. Just out of curiosity, I disabled my ad block on this site and the issue went away, turned it back off and the issue came back.

It's really strange and annoying since it happens when a page loads on the site.

anyone else notice this?

Sounds like a support issue you need to discuss with the company that makes your adblock. I am not going to spend resources finding the issue with your adblock software.

Oh, it seems to be one Ad that causes the issue. It was an orange Ebay ad I believe.

It also does it when you play an embedded youtube video on this site. It might be some feature in the Forum software, Firefox, or Windows to lower the volume on other sources so that this window gets the main volume.

It's also not the adblock software as I turned that off and on and playing embedded youtube videos will lower the audio of my media players.

EDIT:
Found out this setting is causing it, not sure why that one eBay Ad and embedded youtube videos on this site are getting detected as phone call,
View attachment 35758
That makes sense to me, thanks for posting the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back