[STEAM] Original 2002 Mafia (dead)

Conman

Gawd
"Let's raise a glass to everyone who's been a part of this amazing Mafia community over the past 20 years. As of August 2022, it's been two decades since the iconic Mafia series made its debut with Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven."
"See where the Mafia series got its start with the iconic 2002 original Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, which will be free to claim on Steam from September 1 to 5. Whether you're revisiting this classic 20 years later or experiencing it for the first time, anyone can appreciate the story of Tommy Angelo in this landmark crime drama."

Some criticisms I read but can't confirm until I play is that this is a "remaster" of some sort and they didn't use the original voices, for some reason? They were alleging non-americans were attempting new-jersey/new-york accents and it's terrible. The store page doesn't say it's a remaster, but they do include the following note,

"Note: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music."

Last one I needed to complete the trilogy in my library 👍

Some criticisms I read but can't confirm until I play is that this is a "remaster" of some sort and they didn't use the original voices, for some reason? They were alleging non-americans were attempting new-jersey/new-york accents and it's terrible. The store page doesn't say it's a remaster, but they do include the following note,

"Note: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music."

No, this is the original - the remaster is called 'definitive edition'

The soundtrack thing is the same thing that goes on with the GTA games - no more rights to songs and so seeing as games are online digital now they just remove it from the original game

Last one I needed to complete the trilogy in my library 👍

No, this is the original - the remaster is called 'definitive edition'

The soundtrack thing is the same thing that goes on with the GTA games - no more rights to songs and so seeing as games are online digital now they just remove it from the original game

If you got the game prior to November 2017 you'll still have the licensed music. For those who didn't, you can restore it like the GTA games.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mafia#Restore_original_music_.28digital_versions.29

Back