Starfield

was looking at a list of upcoming games and this is the next one I'm interested in, too bad its a year away at least. Guess I won't be playing any new games for awhile.

I like that it's a new ip...not just rehashing the same Fallout or Elder Scrolls...or even worse Gearbox rehashing the same Borderlands game over and over

1638372593641.png

just give us 5-10 minutes of gameplay already.

Do they normally show much gameplay before a release? I don't remember seeing any raw gameplay video for Oblivion or Skyrim before it came out. Just the very short trailers.

I'm really interested to see what it's like but I I've seen enough to know I'm going to buy it at this point.

For maximum enjoyment I'm going to try to avoid all trailers and gameplay. I find I enjoy movies a lot more that way and I think it will work for single player games too.

just give us 5-10 minutes of gameplay already.

The thing is at best a year away. The look of any gameplay would probably change heavily in that time anyways. I'm sure they're still finalizing a bunch of stuff.

Just imagine the cleaner areas of Fallout 4 but on the moon, and we're probably halfway there.

Do they normally show much gameplay before a release? I don't remember seeing any raw gameplay video for Oblivion or Skyrim before it came out. Just the very short trailers.

Don't know about those two. The original FO4 announcement trailer had game-rendered scenes ~5 months before release. The E3 presentation a couple weeks after that had some actual gameplay.

Vaporware until I'm playing it. The same goes for anything else from Bethesda.

It won't be playable until at least a year after release. Everyone knows lazy Bethesda relies on the community to mod (aka fix) its games. Massive bugs, consolitis in the UI, etc etc. To say nothing of the things that the community can't fix, namely crap writing, janky combat, and their truly shitty custom game engine. That won't stop people from joining the hype train and pre-ordering, and then complaining when it sucks. History repeats.

It won't be playable until at least a year after release. Everyone knows lazy Bethesda relies on the community to mod (aka fix) its games. Massive bugs, consolitis in the UI, etc etc. To say nothing of the things that the community can't fix, namely crap writing, janky combat, and their truly shitty custom game engine. That won't stop people from joining the hype train and pre-ordering, and then complaining when it sucks. History repeats.

Lets hope their engine isn't this bad this time around and it is more polished. FO4 was better than 3/NV at release so hopefully that trend continues.

I do hope there is more RPG mechanics in terms of the story, like 3/NV. FO4 had much more polish and much better gameplay but the RPG aspect wasn't as good. Conversations also took a hit.

Hope the companion AI is improved. I feel like in any Bethesda game the companions always move in between me and a target right as shoot or unleash a spell.

Back