SSD gone crazyville Silicon Power 2TB $73

I've used several of SP's drives, both SATA & nvme, and never had any issues with them... perhaps their QA/QC has gone downhill recently, like a lot of other mfgr's....

However, even at that fair price, I'm still not buyin so much as a popsicle stick or a paper clip from that place :)

I've used several of SP's drives, both SATA & nvme, and never had any issues with them... perhaps their QA/QC has gone downhill recently, like a lot of other mfgr's....

However, even at that fair price, I'm still not buyin so much as a popsicle stick or a paper clip from that place :)
Entirely agree. Haven’t bought from Screwegg in many many years. They took me once and had shitty customer service to boot. Voted with my wallet ever since. Friends don’t let friends Newegg.

I had one bad experience with newegg and then when buying again from them they actually kept their promise--but that was before the chinese buyout so no way they'll be operating with integrity like that ever again.

Any company or site that has a 'marketplace' that lets scammers come in is a complete no for me, unless it's the only choice, then it's like a colonoscopy--it's very uncomfortable but may be worth it.

I have 4 of these in a raid0. Fine for storing games and dying fast.
Fixed it for you. :D j/k!

Great to hear you haven't had any issues in a raid0. That speaks on the reliability factor as you literally have a 4x chance of volume failure as just running a single drive. Maybe the single review on newegg was just a bad apple?

Fixed it for you. :D j/k!

Great to hear you haven't had any issues in a raid0. That speaks on the reliability factor as you literally have a 4x chance of volume failure as just running a single drive. Maybe the single review on newegg was just a bad apple?
Everything has a bad apple! Not my endorsement of the product though, but what would we buy if it only took one bad review to cancel a product?
Go with the general consensus and balance that with price. Also follow through with the lame task of signing up for warranty. So many don't and never make the company honor it because of pure laziness. I've found that with electronics that most products fail very fast or last well past warranty periods. Just my experience though.

Last edited:
Everything has a bad apple! Not my endorsement of the product though, but what would we buy if it only took one bad review to cancel a product?
Go with the general consensus and balance that with price. Also follow through with the lame task of signing up for warranty. So many don't and never make the company honor it because of pure laziness. I've found that with electronics that most products fail very fast or last well past warranty periods. Just my experience though.
True. As always it's caveat emptor, but very true that just one bad review shouldn't be the only basis--still, this is also newegg, so again caveat emptor, so like double caveat emptor, lol.

Good point about the warranty. I know that when I got some visiontek 16GB ddr3 sodimms at a good price, I made sure I did that and it was good that I did as they didn't want to even register the warranty them so it was a fight from the get-go. Better to know this when you're inside the return window.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The only issue I have with NE are they want process your order if your billing and shipping address are the USPS General Delivery. For some reason they are the only online place that does that.

The only issue I have with NE are they want process your order if your billing and shipping address are the USPS General Delivery. For some reason they are the only online place that does that.
Probably a mandate from the new owners unless they've always done this.

Probably a mandate from the new owners unless they've always done this.
Still odd, I only started to use GD about 3 years ago so I don't know how long NE had that policy. Tho I do get a couple of places that don't know what GD addresses are or if they're valid mailing addresses.

Still odd, I only started to use GD about 3 years ago so I don't know how long NE had that policy. Tho I do get a couple of places that don't know what GD addresses are or if they're valid mailing addresses.
Yeah, I never even heard of General Delivery until right now and just looked it up. Pretty interesting service, and I can see how it could be abused by scammers. :(

most have trouble with it because due to it being a "temporary" address it never gets added the system they use. we have a lot of people that use them here in eastern Washington because their road is in in either idaho or washington but their legal address is in the opposite state so their shit comes up undeliverable. but there's ways around it by using an address and requesting package holds at the station, just have to notify the station ahead of time what day it's suppose to come in.

most have trouble with it because due to it being a "temporary" address it never gets added the system they use. we have a lot of people that use them here in eastern Washington because their road is in in either idaho or washington but their legal address is in the opposite state so their shit comes up undeliverable. but there's ways around it by using an address and requesting package holds at the station, just have to notify the station ahead of time what day it's suppose to come in.
Yikes, sounds like the post offices need to update their routes--would really suck to be at an address like that.

Yikes, sounds like the post offices need to update their routes--would really suck to be at an address like that.

post office isn't the problem, it's the geo location systems companies use. for example my co-worker who happens to live on a street like that can't use amazon even though USPS, UPS, FedEx all deliver perfectly fine to her house with her Washington address on a road that's in Idaho but amazon says her address doesn't exist and refuses to manually approve it. so she uses a temporary address that automatically forwards to her actual address.

post office isn't the problem, it's the geo location systems companies use. for example my co-worker who happens to live on a street like that can't use amazon even though USPS, UPS, FedEx all deliver perfectly fine to her house with her Washington address on a road that's in Idaho but amazon says her address doesn't exist and refuses to manually approve it. so she uses a temporary address that automatically forwards to her actual address.
Ah, I see. With UPS, you have the ability to override an address that you know is right but that their 'database' says is incorrect. I would have this happen a lot for two of the apartments we used to live at as the city would be different for the zip than their db was showing. Just shows how far these computers that come to rule our lives...

Yeah, I never even heard of General Delivery until right now and just looked it up. Pretty interesting service, and I can see how it could be abused by scammers. :(
Depends, I have to show legal photo ID to pick my stuff, plus it's more secure from mail thieves.
The main issue with me using NE is I have to change my billing address since that can't be GD either.

Depends, I have to show legal photo ID to pick my stuff, plus it's more secure from mail thieves.

The main issue with me using NE is I have to change my billing address since that can't be GD either.
Yeah, but the address isn't 'tied' to a particular person or entity that will also usually have some sort of other legal tie such as a lease or title. I don't see how this matters to a company except that their product can get 'lost' and then the buyer can claim they didn't get it so cc will charge back and company is sol.

Yeah, a GE billing address would be a tough one to sell as most companies want a physical address. I guess they treat GD like a PO box.

Can't you check out via PP and send it wherever you want?

Back