SSD firmware upgrade

Macho

Weaksauce

SSD Manager - Monitor Drive Health and Usage | Kingston

If your SSD has an update, then the field will be lit.

Samsung Magician Software | Samsung V-NAND SSD | Samsung ... You can use this for all SSD's​

Intel SSD was a little more difficult, needing an .iso to be burnt and it updated my Intel SSD.
ScanDisk, has an updater also, that is difficult to find surfing the web. Look up the exact model number and see if it has an update, and then down load the updater. It will be a WD updater.

Firmware for my ScanDisk, did not install Windows 10 well when it was 2016 firmware on my Generation 6 Intel HP Elitedesk mini. I updated it when it was in an older HP. It looked like a processor problem. No problem with the processor not being set good.

SSD Manager - Monitor Drive Health and Usage | Kingston

If your SSD has an update, then the field will be lit.

Samsung Magician Software | Samsung V-NAND SSD | Samsung ... You can use this for all SSD's​

Intel SSD was a little more difficult, needing an .iso to be burnt and it updated my Intel SSD.
ScanDisk, has an updater also, that is difficult to find surfing the web. Look up the exact model number and see if it has an update, and then down load the updater. It will be a WD updater.

Firmware for my ScanDisk, did not install Windows 10 well when it was 2016 firmware on my Generation 6 Intel HP Elitedesk mini. I updated it when it was in an older HP. It looked like a processor problem. No problem with the processor not being set good.
WD SSD Manager software, sometimes will not install. Can not write to Windows registry, error message.
Download Western Digital SSD Dashboard - MajorGeeks majorgeeks.com
A little secret. Use
Ccleaner.exe and fix registry issues. Right after fixing issues, install the download by first right clicking and installing as administrator, and then it might just work. If not go through this again.

Updating SSD firmware...now that was a thing.

Indeed. I remember in the early days it was a big thing to prevent disaster. Heck, I did the full backup and deep prayer that my OCZ would come through both alive and all the data still there, because it wasn't guaranteed (it did), but an almost useless drive was promised if you didn't do it. Now the drives are reliable enough from the start that I don't mess with updates.

Indeed. I remember in the early days it was a big thing to prevent disaster. Heck, I did the full backup and deep prayer that my OCZ would come through both alive and all the data still there, because it wasn't guaranteed (it did), but an almost useless drive was promised if you didn't do it. Now the drives are reliable enough from the start that I don't mess with updates.
Your a long time computer pro by now. You joined 2009. They sometimes find bugs from people like you who report bugs in their firmware. Or in the future, they have to see other factors.
I attached, the WD SSD Dashboard. Use, CCLEANER.EXE to fix Windows registry issues, and they open it, and you should not see that error message. If you do, then go through it again, fix the issues and try again.
Why are we getting error messages is why they need to update their WD SSD Dashboard, software program so we can install it easier.

Attachments

• WesternDigitalSSDDashboardSetup.exe
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • WesternDigitalSSDDashboardSetup.exe
    4 MB · Views: 0
Back